Sponsored

Are Racing Stripes LAME? PLEASE HELP!

BigBro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
So I been trying to decide whether or not racing stripes are lame or 🔥 . Because

1. I had a vinyl shop make me some for the front portion of my rebuilt GT350 and the color is way off.
2. for me to purchase the original ones its roughly $1000 just for the front portion
3. purchase an aftermarket stripe kit and hopefully the quality isn't complete đź’©
4. Go for the clean look and remove all the stripes currently on it?
5. just leave it the way it is be different. lol

ANY HELP MUCH APPRECIATED!!!

20221004_231105 (1).jpg
20221004_231120.jpg
Sponsored

Duece McCracken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Rubicon, 2019 Bullitt
So I been trying to decide whether or not racing stripes are lame or 🔥 . Because

1. I had a vinyl shop make me some for the front portion of my rebuilt GT350 and the color is way off.
2. for me to purchase the original ones its roughly $1000 just for the front portion
3. purchase an aftermarket stripe kit and hopefully the quality isn't complete đź’©
4. Go for the clean look and remove all the stripes currently on it?
5. just leave it the way it is be different. lol

ANY HELP MUCH APPRECIATED!!!

20221004_231105 (1).jpg
20221004_231120.jpg

Dude, it's your car. Your call.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Racing stripes are lame, yes.

NOW HAVING SAID THAT, no one anywhere on earth has more standing than you to do what YOU want with YOUR car. If you want to put racing stripes on it, DO IT. You don't need some who-cares community's permission or approval. DO IT.

The only guidelines with which your trying to comply are your own. DO IT.

And if you do it, and people like me don't like it and tell you it's lame, GIVE THEM THE FINGER. Give *me* the finger. Mustangs are American MUSCLE cars -- you don't ask approval for what you want to do with your car. You DO IT, and to anyone like me who disapproves, F**K them!!

You and your car are beautiful. Make it what you want. Anyone who disagrees is wrong. Amen.

Sponsored

DandeeLioness

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dandee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium
Definitely agree with the others on this!

And personally? I think stripes look cool af when done right, with a cool/unusual color combo, etc. There’s a white Mustang down the road from me with blue stripes and if I could ONLY have a white car, I would have done the same after seeing how nice that looks. Here’s one I’ve always thought looked super cool, but I’m sure many think is lame:

2F9F34E1-0232-4725-821C-3F8EDC0BBD51.jpeg

If I saw that on the road I’d totally geek out! It’s also important to note that artistically speaking, stripes are capable of accentuating the beautiful curves of the car, depending on the color, so I see that as an enhancement when done right.

I’ve seen a lot of non-Mustang people say these cars are everywhere, they’re a dime a dozen, all the same, etc. So what I personally love seeing is when folks do whatever they want to make them unique and exactly what they want. Isn’t that part of the fun? No two will ever be the same if you stick with what YOU think looks 🔥

In short — whatever makes you instantly smile and feel that rush of happiness that keeps you looking back at your car as you walk away is what you should do. Reject society’s version of reality, what’s cool/not cool, etc. For me, that’s not what these cars are about, so enjoy it and share photos!!

PS: I just noticed you have partial stripes and considering all I see near me are solid black, white, and charcoal/carbonized gray mustangs, I’d love to see one with a splash of color and feel it would make it pop! Just my opinion there. :D

CarbonZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I think if it was mine I would replace the stripes with oem, since your halfway there already. Def wouldn't leave it at is though.

Other option is rip em off all, if you decide you don't like it then get a set from bigworm, but do black stripes

OP
OP
BigBro

BigBro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350

And personally? I think stripes look cool af when done right, with a cool/unusual color combo, etc. There’s a white Mustang down the road from me with blue stripes and if I could ONLY have a white car, I would have done the same after seeing how nice that looks. Here’s one I’ve always thought looked super cool, but I’m sure many think is lame:

2F9F34E1-0232-4725-821C-3F8EDC0BBD51.jpeg

If I saw that on the road I’d totally geek out! It’s also important to note that artistically speaking, stripes are capable of accentuating the beautiful curves of the car, depending on the color, so I see that as an enhancement when done right.

I’ve seen a lot of non-Mustang people say these cars are everywhere, they’re a dime a dozen, all the same, etc. So what I personally love seeing is when folks do whatever they want to make them unique and exactly what they want. Isn’t that part of the fun? No two will ever be the same if you stick with what YOU think looks 🔥

In short — whatever makes you instantly smile and feel that rush of happiness that keeps you looking back at your car as you walk away is what you should do. Reject society’s version of reality, what’s cool/not cool, etc. For me, that’s not what these cars are about, so enjoy it and share photos!!

PS: I just noticed you have partial stripes and considering all I see near me are solid black, white, and charcoal/carbonized gray mustangs, I’d love to see one with a splash of color and feel it would make it pop! Just my opinion there. :D
Thats a great point idk why but i feel a bit old school sometimes where everything has to look original or the OGs gonna frown upon you lol

OP
OP
BigBro

BigBro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Racing stripes are lame, yes.

NOW HAVING SAID THAT, no one anywhere on earth has more standing than you to do what YOU want with YOUR car. If you want to put racing stripes on it, DO IT. You don't need some who-cares community's permission or approval. DO IT.

The only guidelines with which your trying to comply are your own. DO IT.

And if you do it, and people like me don't like it and tell you it's lame, GIVE THEM THE FINGER. Give *me* the finger. Mustangs are American MUSCLE cars -- you don't ask approval for what you want to do with your car. You DO IT, and to anyone like me who disapproves, F**K them!!

You and your car are beautiful. Make it what you want. Anyone who disagrees is wrong. Amen.
Amen to that !! thanks for the feedback!!!

OP
OP
BigBro

BigBro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
I think if it was mine I would replace the stripes with oem, since your halfway there already. Def wouldn't leave it at is though.

Other option is rip em off all, if you decide you don't like it then get a set from bigworm, but do black stripes
The bigworm brand you mentioned is that quality legit close to oem?

Sponsored

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
I say go for the stripes, just do it right, and find examples with the base color and stripe color you want.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
It's a muscle car, bro! You don't stuff your pants and keep your mouth shut. You whip your shit out and MEASURE!

Stripes aren't for me. DON'T LISTEN TO ME. You alone are in charge of yourself and your car. Do what YOU want, don't ask permission, and don't beg forgiveness. You like it? It's RIGHT. Full stop.

DandeeLioness

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dandee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium
Thats a great point idk why but i feel a bit old school sometimes where everything has to look original or the OGs gonna frown upon you lol
Nah I totally get it! My thing is that I want to add my own unique flair while also remaining respectful to the brand and image of a pony car, I think? That’s why I believe if you invest and have it done right, you can’t go wrong with stuff like this, if that makes any sense lol

And of course, haters gonna hate and frown about it regardless so stay in your lane and keep smiling BIG at your beautiful car! Good luck :D

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i

And personally? I think stripes look cool af when done right, with a cool/unusual color combo, etc. There’s a white Mustang down the road from me with blue stripes and if I could ONLY have a white car, I would have done the same after seeing how nice that looks.
I have a white GT with blue stripes. I think they look out of place because there isn't anything else blue on the car and all of the trim is black. But, I don't think I'd like it with just black and white. So, they stay on the car. They are just vinyl, so not that hard to remove.

OP
OP
BigBro

BigBro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
I have a white GT with blue stripes. I think they look out of place because there isn't anything else blue on the car and all of the trim is black. But, I don't think I'd like it with just black and white. So, they stay on the car. They are just vinyl, so not that hard to remove.
You have a pic?
Sponsored