Sponsored

Are Racing Stripes LAME? PLEASE HELP!

detamble13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Camaro SS LS3
Stripes are cool. Window louvres are not.

Window louvres are for the guy that likes Nickelback and long pubic hair.
Window louvres are for the guy dating a swamp donkey and think they act as shutters.
Window louvres are for the guy who still goes back to highschool to check out the "new crop".

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

Window louvres are for the guy dating a swamp donkey and think they act as shutters.
Window louvres are for the guy who still goes back to highschool to check out the "new crop".
Did you mean to post that in the "Are window louvres LAME?" thread?

Rhyanski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 #M5810, 2018 Mazda CX-5 Ultimate
I think another question deserves discussion: painted or vinyl. I love my M1 vinyls, but i think painted is the right way.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I think another question deserves discussion: painted or vinyl. I love my M1 vinyls, but i think painted is the right way.
I agree, but right for one person is not necessarily right for another.

I chose painted. Wasn't even a close call for me. BUT there are lots of factors with painted that some would understandably not accept.

Painted aren't just more expensive, they require significant downtime. And mistakes have the potential to be massively expensive. The latter means a lot of time and effort to make sure the painter you chose won't mess up the job and if it should happen anyway can and will make it right on their dime. You also must be much more sure of the color and pattern. Changing your mind could cost a lot more than the original and removing them can cost more than adding them did. You may even want to add a rider to your insurance since we're talking 4 figures, not a few hundred for vinyl. And if someone gags at the idea of glossy stripes, the cost of flat, matte, etc. will be much higher and more subject to problems down the road due to no continuous layer of clear covering the stripes and the surrounding areas.

ay1820

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS
I agree, but right for one person is not necessarily right for another.

I chose painted. Wasn't even a close call for me. BUT there are lots of factors with painted that some would understandably not accept.

Painted aren't just more expensive, they require significant downtime. And mistakes have the potential to be massively expensive. The latter means a lot of time and effort to make sure the painter you chose won't mess up the job and if it should happen anyway can and will make it right on their dime. You also must be much more sure of the color and pattern. Changing your mind could cost a lot more than the original and removing them can cost more than adding them did. You may even want to add a rider to your insurance since we're talking 4 figures, not a few hundred for vinyl. And if someone gags at the idea of glossy stripes, the cost of flat, matte, etc. will be much higher and more subject to problems down the road due to no continuous layer of clear covering the stripes and the surrounding areas.
So assuming the stock market doesn't totally implode, I have adding a set of stripes to my black GT convertible on the list for next year (simple white with no pinstripe). I will go with vinyl and live with them for a year or two and see if I like the execution, and if I am happy after a couple of years then I will get them painted on.

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
Yes…Stripes are Mustang!! Hood, Roof, Trunk!! Or Rocker Stripes!! owners choice..owners money!!.. DONE…DONE !! Why are we discussing this????? Lame!!

nustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT, performance pak, active exhaust

schools girls are great. they are always the same age lol

and the rear window louver seriously loweres the temp in the summer fishbowl.
Id likely have a mullet if I still had hair :ontheloo:
Sponsored