Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium w/ Performance Pack

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
Well...glad I have a Mach 1. This is the CEO's poster car?! In the team's defense, a loss was probably the only possibility here. S550 was a great design...2018 refresh was divisive on the front end but GT500 and Mach 1 fixed that on the higher models. They couldn't deviate too far from S550...nor would I want them too. The budget probably went like this: no engine/trans change; change the front end because we need to do something; the interior gets the majority of funding but find efficiencies with Bronco. And the result is a boxy mess. Maybe they got the weight down?

Last edited:

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
I gotta say I'm kinda unimpressed. Assuming this is all accurate I would imagine Ford would be quickly having an aesthetics refresh LOL At least on that front end.

mrbydangel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
🤢🤮

P2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red Mustang GT Premium
Say it ain't so Joe! That's one ugly car!

Sponsored

Konamoth

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base
So much detraction! It's almost like we're on the forum for the previous (or current, at time of writing...) generation. :giggle:

As echoed elsewhere the spy shot is far less than flattering. We've also gotten no good views of the center of the hood and minimal views behind the fenders—though I don't doubt Chazcron the slightest, given his record.

We've known from the start this'd be a decimal generation more than a whole new one, with EV/hybrid on the horizon. Touting the S650 as being the last "real muscle car" on the market also lends to that.

All that said, I'll be the first to say that I kind of like it. Maybe I don't value this so called "aggression" of the 550 as much as others seem to. "Aggression" makes me think one's put those eyebrow decals on their headlights to look big and mean. :crackup:

Anyway. We'll wait and see what Ford shows in a month and some change. Not sickly lighting and real metal will help.

Last edited:

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Bad angle or not, a good design should look good from mostly straight on. I know my ZL1 does. As does a GT350 or S550 GT500, C7 Corvette Z06, etc.

Linkster1666

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Link
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Orange Fury PP1 A10 401A 3:55
Vehicle Showcase
Did my 'Stang get out and get raped by a Camaro?

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium w/ Performance Pack
Last edited by a moderator:

Sponsored

UpACurb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 20 Explorer
Its all part of the plan to get us to go electric-

They purposely made it ugly so then they can tout how the electric Mach E outsells the gas one -
They know we are a hard crowd to convert to electric so the only way to make us convert is to make the gas one so incredibly horrible looking we dont want it and then the Mustang fan boys start looking at the Mach E GT and say well....maybe

It looks like a Toyota Tacoma raped a Mustang- my old 19GT nor my current 350 look no where near this horrible when looking at from same angle

Ford has been woke recently- so maybe we are racist if we dont accept because this model more inclusive to people who like trucks too?

So many theories!!

CliffClavin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Van down by the river
Lookathowtheymassacredmyboy.gif

bombom_504

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
mustang 2022 gt (coming)
Oof…this is why I put my 2022 order in because I’m afraid they’ll lose the wonderfully aggressive look I fell in love with. I have a feeling they’re going into a more… luxury car direction? Describing it as “wearing a suit” is a great analogy.

In truth I don’t HATE it as a style, so I guess we’ll have to confirm in September.

And to be faaaiirrr…that’s also admittedly a really unflattering angle and the equivalent of an accidental front-facing selfie shot, but for a car lol

did the same thing i ordered my 2022 gt premium 401a with the gt performance pack in manual…. mischievous purple with red interior!! i was afraid of the new design man and im really happy man!

Mr & Mrs Shrek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave and Beth
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
"You cannot be serious" with that front, surely it is is disinformation. As an owner of a 2017, I am truly happy--resale will improve if these images are for real.
Sponsored