Not open for further replies.

mldonovan82

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Replying in kind and in response to your comments. Most seem to revolve around rule 2 and 3. I am not here trolling. On the other hand, you are. You cant roll into another car specific forum and do the things you have done.

I was here making valid comments and posts pertaining to the thread's subject matter. Then you came along with your intermodel bashing and trolling.

Say it ain't so.....
I was never trolling. The OP asked if a used GT350 with 3 owners was a good deal. I suggested he buy a M1 instead by briefly summarizing my thoughts on both the GT350 and M1. I genuinely hope the OP enjoys the crap out of his purchase and it remains reliable to him for many years to come. Prior to his purchase I would still suggest he stay away from that car and suggest he consider an M1 (which I believe others have as well.) Did I know it was not gonna be popular opinion on the GT350 side of the forum? Sure. Did I think it was gonna spark an outrage among grown men. No. I stated that the GT350 was extremely unreliable (along side a few compliments) and that sparked a plethora of people who felt compelled to defend their cars. Youā€™ve insulted me and bashed the M1. Youā€™ve also acted as a moderator with your self righteous hypocritical claims about how many rules Iā€™ve broken.
Sponsored

Last edited:

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
The Shelby 2015-20' GT350 will go down in history as one of the finest performance cars ever made.
Unless Chevy totally screwed the Z06 motor, the GT350 will go down as a mere footnote in how Ford tried to be first to emulate Ferrari, cut corners, thought they could paper-over the physics and got smacked in the face. I doubt there will be any desireability (eg. Mecum) in 20 years aside from a novelty.

I realize it's an article of *faith* that Mustang owners have to *believe* that Ford is a special company and anything they slap the 'Shelby' name on is by definition the "bestest*.

I'm just waiting for the Mach 1 production numbers to come out and it turns out they are more rare than even the GT350R. I can already hear the apoplectic gnashing of teeth from the future.

It's another article of *faith* that valuations of GT350 are unassailable. That too will prove false, and mean reversion will assert. Back in 2019 a 1yr old GT350 with a mere 1000 miles was sold by a dealer for 48K or about 20-25% off MSRP in just 1 year. Hell even new GT350R's had to be discounted 10% just to get them off the lot.

Obviously the last 20 months the entire market has gone certifiably insane but it won't last.

Last edited:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Unless Chevy totally screwed the Z06 motor, the GT350 will go down as a mere footnote in how Ford tried to be first to emulate Ferrari, cut corners, thought they could ignore the physics and got smacked in the face. I doubt there will be any desireability (eg. Mecum) in 20 years aside from a novelty.

I realize it's an article of *faith* that Mustang owners have to *believe* that Ford is a special company and anything they slap the 'Shelby' name on is by definition the "bestest*.

I'm just waiting for the Mach 1 production numbers to come out and it turns out they are more rare than even the GT350R. I can already hear the apoplectic gnashing of teeth from the future.
One big problem with the 'vette is it's an automatic. Definitely it will be a good car, but it remains to be seen whether it will be great or not. For sure the driving experience suffers when you only have two pedals, but there may be other issues as well. Hopefully the reviewers will like the Z06 more than they liked the base/Z51 'vettes. Remember Road and Track selected a Hyundai over the 'vette as performance car of the year in 2020? Maybe you've forgotten that.

The GT350's reputation has already been made. All the reviewers raved and many tried to buy one. It won several magazine awards.

I do think it's great that GM is doing the FPC the correct way with a larger bore and shorter stroke. That is really what Ford should have done, but they were too cheap. It's good in some ways - my GT350 cost less than a new Mach 1 does - but definitely the Coyote and Voodoo have suffered somewhat by being restricted to small changes.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
11 pagesā€¦and one or two of yā€™all coulda just measured em up front and saved us all the hooplah šŸ˜‚

1658705812154.jpeg
And you, of all people.....

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
One big problem with the 'vette is it's an automatic.
no argument from me. They should have made a 'stick' out of the DCT, it's totally doable. I was just narrowly addressing the motor situation.

Hopefully the reviewers will like the Z06 more than they liked the base/Z51 'vettes. Remember Road and Track selected a Hyundai over the 'vette as performance car of the year in 2020? Maybe you've forgotten that.
I'll have to dig that up. But we already know that the reviewers were dealing with compromised cars as set up by GM (ie. grossly inadequate front camber) and 'poor' tire choice for track use, etc.

Don't get me wrong, the GT350 was impressive, for a Ford which traditionally hasn't made credible attempts at making a proper "heavy sports" car at a price point and quantity that mere mortals can afford. I absolutely commend them for that. It's just a shame the powerplant has issues, self-selection bias notwithstanding.

It's amusing how the Mach1 can best the GT350R and costs 10% less, and that doesn't even address inflation effects.

Last edited:

2022 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1...2014 Mustag GT whipple supercharger
One big problem with the 'vette is it's an automatic. Definitely it will be a good car, but it remains to be seen whether it will be great or not. For sure the driving experience suffers when you only have two pedals, but there may be other issues as well. Hopefully the reviewers will like the Z06 more than they liked the base/Z51 'vettes. Remember Road and Track selected a Hyundai over the 'vette as performance car of the year in 2020? Maybe you've forgotten that.

The GT350's reputation has already been made. All the reviewers raved and many tried to buy one. It won several magazine awards.

I do think it's great that GM is doing the FPC the correct way with a larger bore and shorter stroke. That is really what Ford should have done, but they were too cheap. It's good in some ways - my GT350 cost less than a new Mach 1 does - but definitely the Coyote and Voodoo have suffered somewhat by being restricted to small changes.
I thought the z06 is dct? Still two pedals but not an automatic in the classic sense.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I thought the z06 is dct? Still two pedals but not an automatic in the classic sense.
true, but irrelevant. Anything missing a 3rd pedal is indistinguishable from an "automatic". Yes I know, a true automatic has a torque converter or similar viscous coupling mechanism, whereas a DCT uses clutch plate(s) just like all other manuals.

2022 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Vehicle(s)
no argument from me. They should have made a 'stick' out of the DCT, it's totally doable. I was just narrowly addressing the motor situation.

I'll have to dig that up. But we already know that the reviewers were dealing with compromised cars as set up by GM (ie. grossly inadequate front camber) and 'poor' tire choice for track use, etc.

Don't get me wrong, the GT350 was impressive, for a Ford which traditionally hasn't made credible attempts at making a proper "heavy sports" car at a price point and quantity that mere mortals can afford. I absolutely commend them for that. It's just a shame the powerplant has issues, self-selection bias notwithstanding.

It's amusing how the Mach1 can best the GT350R and costs 10% less, and that doesn't even address inflation effects.
So R&T did not name it car of the year. The Hyundai won. However MT and C&D did.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Proof please, or was that a troll statement?

2022 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Vehicle(s)
Proof please, or was that a troll statement?
This cornucopia of Mustang parts seems to be the perfect combo. The Mach 1's 2:51.4 time is 0.4 second quicker than the GT350R's. Plus, that time is good enough to make the Mach 1 the new king of LL2, the mostly affordable sub-$65K class. We're guessing that record will stand for at least as long as it took to create the Mach 1.

https://www.caranddriver.com/features/a38955362/lightning-

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
And the original 350 hater makes an appearance, imagine that. Your so brilliant Iā€™m surprised your slumming here on this forum and not hanging out on The Dupont Registry enlightening everyone with your brilliance. Iā€™m surprised you havenā€˜t started producing performance vehicles, the knowledge runs so desp.

Unless Chevy totally screwed the Z06 motor, the GT350 will go down as a mere footnote in how Ford tried to be first to emulate Ferrari, cut corners, thought they could paper-over the physics and got smacked in the face. I doubt there will be any desireability (eg. Mecum) in 20 years aside from a novelty.

It's another article of *faith* that valuations of GT350 are unassailable. That too will prove false, and mean reversion will assert. Back in 2019 a 1yr old GT350 with a mere 1000 miles was sold by a dealer for 48K or about 20-25% off MSRP in just 1 year. Hell even new GT350R's had to be discounted 10% just to get them off the lot.

Obviously the last 20 months the entire market has gone certifiably insane but it won't last.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Give me a fxckā€™n break. The Ford Performance School was basically running a pre Mach 1 out of the Gtā€™s for the last several years. Anybody that drove both the 350 and the prepped Gt at either of the school locations could tell the difference between the two cars immediately. The first place it came out is going down the back straight at Charlotte and hittā€™n the brakes at 135-140. The Gtā€™s with brand new sport cup 2ā€™s didnā€™t come close to the 350ā€™s with seasoned tires. I have a Gt with all the goodies, it doesnā€™t come close to my 350ā€™s. This stuff reminds me of guys arguing how a small block would always match up to a big block with the same hp.

This cornucopia of Mustang parts seems to be the perfect combo. The Mach 1's 2:51.4 time is 0.4 second quicker than the GT350R's. Plus, that time is good enough to make the Mach 1 the new king of LL2, the mostly affordable sub-$65K class. We're guessing that record will stand for at least as long as it took to create the Mach 1.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)

Care to meet me at the track? Bullshit.

Car and driver. You are a troll like the other mach 1 guy.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.