Not open for further replies.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
This.

If I were to date some broad, and she told me she hooked up with 3 dudes in the last 49 months. đź‘€
Add it all up, 3rd party warranty with horrible reviews, 49K miles, 3 owners, and a tech pack with a tune. I would leave it for some other sucker.

Maybe I missed it, but the OP hasn't decided to buy or pass on it.
Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Sorry, but I’ll be that guy.

GT350. - cool, special, sounds amazing, looks amazing, extremely unreliable.

Mach 1 - little less cool, less commonly produced, sounds great, looks great, extremely reliable.

Both cars perform similarly. Buy a new Mach 1.
Lol - yeah, you're that guy...that guy that bought a Mach 1 and then tries to bolster his decision to make him feel good. Mach is a great car - if you're buying new right now, and only want new - seems logical. But Mach vs a recent track pack 350? If they were still making both, no question at all. Compared to a 5-6 year old tech pack with multiple owners and no real history...Mach 1..hell or even a GT for that matter. GT seems like a really good deal compared to the Mach1, don't you think? ;)

mldonovan82

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Lol - yeah, you're that guy...that guy that bought a Mach 1 and then tries to bolster his decision to make him feel good. Mach is a great car - if you're buying new right now, and only want new - seems logical. But Mach vs a recent track pack 350? If they were still making both, no question at all. Compared to a 5-6 year old tech pack with multiple owners and no real history...Mach 1..hell or even a GT for that matter. GT seems like a really good deal compared to the Mach1, don't you think? ;)
Well, you’re somewhat fair in your passive aggressive response. Maybe, I’m trying to justify my purchase (basically what you’re saying) with my original statement. If they were making the GT350 now they’d be way more money— probably close to $75K. In a fictitious world, would it have the same engine? If it did, I’d still want a M1. Less money and more reliable with same chassis for the most part. Again, it’s hard to live in this fake world scenario because would there be chassis differences in the 21/22 GT350 models?

In the end, for me, it was easy. I don’t buy used. Reliability with the coyote vs the voodoo overwhelmingly favors the coyote. The M1 handles much like a GT350 by popular consensus.

With that said, I love the Shelby and I’d own one if they were more reliable and available today (new.)

mldonovan82

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
GT seems like a really good deal compared to the Mach1, don't you think? ;)

Base GT $40Kish

Base M1 $58Kish

For $18K I get:

3.73 diff, tremec transmission, throttle body, CA intake, HP bump, TQ bump, active exhaust, brembo, mufflers, badges, strut brace, engine cooler, transmission cooler, diff cooler, styling upgrades, wheels, tires, splitter, spoiler, digital dash, ambient lighting, gauges, suspension upgrades, chassis upgrades— am I missing anything? My point is, I think you get a lot. Then if you want the handling package you get upgraded versions of some of the stuff listed above. Now, if you spec out a PP1 you jump up close to that $58K mark. This is why I say a base M1 is the best bang for your buck. If you plan to track often— then pay for the HP.

Last edited:

Sponsored

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
I can't stop reading this thread....🍿

My favorite so far....

"You are in denial... I’m not here to argue."

I love the internet.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
You throwing jabs my way or just cheerleading?
I'm thinking both as this entire thread has turned to crap. OP was looking to us for an opinion on a specific car. We gave him those opinions and he has yet to let us know what he is doing. The rest of this is pointless drivel. The Shelby 2015-20' GT350 will go down in history as one of the finest performance cars ever made. Yes, it had its share of issues as any ultra high performance car would have. I know that one day i'd like to have one, even if only for a short time.

mldonovan82

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
I'm thinking both as this entire thread has turned to crap. OP was looking to us for an opinion on a specific car. We gave him those opinions and he has yet to let us know what he is doing. The rest of this is pointless drivel. The Shelby 2015-20' GT350 will go down in history as one of the finest performance cars ever made. Yes, it had its share of issues as any ultra high performance car would have. I know that one day i'd like to have one, even if only for a short time.
For sure. I agree, but would you say the voodoo issues fall under “typical performance car issues?” I mean, if the M1 stays close to it’s tried and true nature with reliability then it should not be in the this same category that you’re referring to.

Last edited:

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
For sure. I agree, but would you say the voodoo issues fall under “typical performance car issues?” I mean, the if the M1 stays close to it’s tried and true nature with reliability then it should not be in the this same category that you’re referring to.
When discussing the Voodoo you are not talking about your typical American performance engine. It belongs more in the category of some of Italy's and Germany's finest. It was a hand built engine that was more comfortable on the track than the street. Just remember the variance between the number of total cars built versus the number of members on this forum. Then pull out just the ones who had trouble. I've been on here since the beginning and I'd bet that the actual percentages are a lot less than they appear to be. Remember this is an internet forum.

mldonovan82

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
When discussing the Voodoo you are not talking about your typical American performance engine. It belongs more in the category of some of Italy's and Germany's finest. It was a hand built engine that was more comfortable on the track than the street. Just remember the variance between the number of total cars built versus the number of members on this forum. Then pull out just the ones who had trouble. I've been on here since the beginning and I'd bet that the actual percentages are a lot less than they appear to be. Remember this is an internet forum.
Fair enough. It appears that the voodoo is very problematic on this forum and YouTube. For comparison, I would think if the coyote shared a similar percentage of problems you’d see way more “blown coyote” threads than “blown voodoo” threads on here which is not the case. Just based off of the fact that way more were produced.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
If it’s so easy to see and I’m in denial you should have no problem posting the data to support your statement. I didn’t make the claim, you did. Your not the first Gt guy or Mach 1 guy to throw this out there nor will you be the last.

You are in denial. The data is under your nose. The forum is riddled with engine failures as early as 2000 miles. Want me to tag you in every forum post or YouTube video highlighting the countless issues with this motor? I’m good.

I see you own 2 yourself, so obviously you’re gonna be defensive. I’m not here to argue, I’m here for the camaraderie. I wish you all the best with your cars including reliability.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.