Not open for further replies.

JDM_WAAAT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Logan
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1 HP 6MT EGM, 2016 Focus ST
Its ok, you wouldn't qualify for group 1 anyway (pros\racers).

Push comes to.shove, it would have been an easy 20k.

Now go back to your keyboard commando smack talk.

Edit:
It sure would be a quiet ride home.
I love the GT350, I would have bought a 2022 if it existed.

You make me want nothing to do with the GT350.
Sponsored

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
Think of it this way. If it's the original motor then it hasn't broke. And everyone talks trash of the 2016 tech packs but what's the rarer version of GT350's? 2016 tech packs, only year without the cooler's makes it unique in my book
Unique and desirable are 2 different things
Yugo cars are very unique and that do not make them desirable 😂

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
Boy am I late to the party... I had not returned to this thread since it was only 4 pages.......... just glad that my VooDoo did not get wind of the peril inherent with these engines. If so mine would have NEVER been able to do this with NO issues:

Odometer.jpg

And all this within just three years................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If my VooDoo would have listened to the Twat Waffle© who knows these are unreliable, my little Shelby would have gave up the ghost awhile ago.

Opps... issued another Twat Waffle© alert, you guys know I have to publish the the disclaimer.... I don't make the rules, I just follow them.

COPYRIGHT DISCLAIMER
The ingenious phrase of "Twat Waffle©" is the sole proprietary ownership of nastang87xx and shall not be used without recognition to the original legal owner of the phrase.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I love the GT350, I would have bought a 2022 if it existed.

You make me want nothing to do with the GT350.
And you make me want nothing to do with a Mach 1.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
It's amusing how the Mach1 can best the GT350R and costs 10% less, and that doesn't even address inflation effects.
I read the C&D Lightning Lap article where they had GT350R times from a few years ago and compared it to a Mach 1 time this year. Maybe the aero on the Mach is that much more efficient that it can negate the extra power of the GT350R on a fast track, but I would prefer to see them run on the same day by the same person before I would be emphatic about the results like you are.

Also, a time difference of 0.4 seconds separated by 2 years doesn't mean the Mach is necessarily faster. It does mean they are probably close in performance for at least one lap. In the LL article they say the Mach 1 is durable because it ran 5 consecutive laps. The GT350R can run a lot more than 5 consecutive laps. That's for sure.

I feel like you are just trolling hard. You don't even care what the truth is, you just want to upset people.

I thought the z06 is dct? Still two pedals but not an automatic in the classic sense.
The mechanisms inside that do the automatic shifting will be different in the Z06 from some other cars, but it shifts automatically. There's no clutch pedal and the computer changes gears for you. Nothing wrong with that, but most enthusiasts prefer a manual transmission for driving enjoyment.

Sponsored

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
It makes the most sense. Who would want that to deal with. The trans pictured was one of those ford subsidized units for like about $2600 with no core. Anyone who had a tech pack at the time could get one, along with coolers for a significantly reduced price.

And most didn't because they were afraid of voiding their warranty.

It was a heck of an opportunity.
Yup and sold my original trans for 1500 :)

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
no argument from me. They should have made a 'stick' out of the DCT, it's totally doable. I was just narrowly addressing the motor situation.

I'll have to dig that up. But we already know that the reviewers were dealing with compromised cars as set up by GM (ie. grossly inadequate front camber) and 'poor' tire choice for track use, etc.

Don't get me wrong, the GT350 was impressive, for a Ford which traditionally hasn't made credible attempts at making a proper "heavy sports" car at a price point and quantity that mere mortals can afford. I absolutely commend them for that. It's just a shame the powerplant has issues, self-selection bias notwithstanding.

It's amusing how the Mach1 can best the GT350R and costs 10% less, and that doesn't even address inflation effects.
Best it how? A magazine test a year apart? LOL. Not remotely true. Anyone who knows anything about tracking a car knows tracking a car different days and trying to compare them is idiotic. Then there is track length, layout and so much more. Im not into the pissing match but when you get your facts wrong or manufacture them its time to speak up. And if your going to use adjectives like extremely unreliable, you should probably actually know what that failure rate is. Blow up a coyote doing a track day, buy an engine. Blow up a VooDoo and Ford buys it. Hmmm

Like Tom, Ill meet any M1 owner at the track and lets see where the speed is. The M1 is a great car but its not equal to the R

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid
20,000 miles on my Gen 1 motor. I treat her right and I’ve had zero mechanical issues with the car.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I feel like you are just trolling hard.
Guilty. But it's nifty when a publication takes some air out of the Shelby sails. But then again you can say the same for ALL the so-called rank orders that are within half a second. So now everyone can trot out the old saw about not same day same driver to pretend their car of choice didn't really lose.

I would like to see a proper heads up and didn't begrudge either car losing.

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
Best it how? A magazine test a year apart? LOL. Not remotely true. Anyone who knows anything about tracking a car knows tracking a car different days and trying to compare them is idiotic. Then there is track length, layout and so much more. Im not into the pissing match but when you get your facts wrong or manufacture them its time to speak up. And if your going to use adjectives like extremely unreliable, you should probably actually know what that failure rate is. Blow up a coyote doing a track day, buy an engine. Blow up a VooDoo and Ford buys it. Hmmm

Like Tom, Ill meet any M1 owner at the track and lets see where the speed is. The M1 is a great car but its not equal to the R
Any meaningful comparison would have to be : same driver, same track, same hour, same temperature and weather and SAME tires
Anything else is meaningless
On some tracks you can easily have a 2 seconds/lap difference from 1 day to another one ( even from morning to afternoon)

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
What issues with tech pack? I have it, no issues -- knock on wood!
Your profile says 2017. By then, FoMoCo figured out that you can't make a car like this without coolers.

Keep knocking on wood, because you have one of those Gen 1 engines that can blow at any time...... At least according to the Mach 1 trolls.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Keep it civil, gents :)
Remember, we are bound by great things that FORD has produced for the masses. Celebrate it all!
Bound by what?

Who are we all kidding? This thread was over a long time ago and has become a troll fest. Lets take a vote. Like this post if you all think this thread should be locked and put out of its misery.

scd603

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
For sure. I agree, but would you say the voodoo issues fall under “typical performance car issues?” I mean, if the M1 stays close to it’s tried and true nature with reliability then it should not be in the this same category that you’re referring to.
It doesn't have the Shelby badge -- if that is important to the buyers XX years from now...

scd603

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Sorry for keeping you waiting, I got the gist of what everyone thought and the discussion kinda got outta topic so I didn't bother viewing it. Despite that, I did decide to buy the car.

So for some explanation of my rationale

So the warranty I signed for flat out said that they supported tuned cars, and I got it at a better price but my fingers are still crossed about them honoring it, that's one risk I'm taking. The dealership specializes in tuned/heavily modified automobiles so it does make sense I guess.

So about the 3+ owners bit, from what I REMEMBER (I can't view the Carfax report anymore), there was one person from Oklahoma who drove it for around 18k-ish miles, and then it was sold/auctioned off a couple of times that then ended up to some chick in Washington, where she drove it till 49k. She traded it in for another for an upgrade (some kind of Lux SUV I think) so she didn't sell it because it had problems. The service records were solid and had never been in any accidents, and from the pictures, the car itself looked like it was taken care of. If a person has the mindset of tuning and installing a CAI, they can at least make sure it was maintained correctly, but I'm speaking hypothetically so it's still a risk I have to take.

This car will for the most part be a weekend car, I drive probably overall 8k - 10k miles a year on my daily for reference. I will also never track this car either if that's important.

I'll also be honest, I believe the discussion on engine failures with the gt350 is overblown. At least from what I read, most of the problems originate from poor maintenance, start-up procedures, etc, but this engine has been modified so yeah...it's another risk. But most engine failures I've also looked up happened before reaching 5k miles. If this car survived to 49k miles, my best guess is that the previous owners knew what they were doing (I hope) and that it wasn't a faulty motor.

I also can't give away too much but this period of time I have is the only chance I have to buy a new car. I've been wanting it for years so I decided to pull the trigger against better judgment. Hopefully, that explains my actions on my end. It's not a lot, but it's all I got :/

Also the Mach 1 and GT, they're great cars but comparing them to the Gt350 is like apples and oranges in my opinion. Saying the coyote is more reliable is like saying water is wet. Different engines for different purposes.

thank you, everyone, for your opinions and feedback, hopefully, this car turns out good, if not, well that's on me.
Check oil levels every 500mi... Your poor maintenance comment is not accurate
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.