Sponsored

Amusing Reactions to your Mach 1

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
For those that never saw this pic...this is the basis for the S550 Boss rumor-look at the car to the left. You no longer see this on any mustang website...but the 2018 refresh had it on the site. Hinted at a Boss S550 on the way that I think was probably what became the Mach 1 in 2021.

boss s550.jpeg
Sponsored

Madtel4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
21 MACH 1, HP 1064, 20 Ranger XLT & 20 Explorer ST
Last edited:

Ogopogo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Prem Vert, 2020 Mazda CX-5 GT Turb
Okay...fair enough. Anecdotally, I've read a number of articles about tracking (steering) issues with uneven pavement, undulations, ridges, etc.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Okay...fair enough. Anecdotally, I've read a number of articles about tracking (steering) issues with uneven pavement, undulations, ridges, etc.
It's the factory Cup 2 tires that cause most of the tramlining issues. I replaced them with PS4S and no troubles at all.

Rev68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
I live in Minnesota and our roads are by no means good. I have a 21 HP as well and have 0 issues on the road and it's a very comfortable drive. I've gone to Chicago and back which was approx 500miles one way and it was a great ride and have no complaints other than people in Chicago are crazy and the flow of traffic runs around 20mph on avg over the limit. The first hour of my drive home I was going between 90-100mph cause that's how fast most everyone was going.
(Originally from MN so I can attest the roads in MN are almost always in bad condition). I drove my 21 Mach 1 HP 550 miles from the dealership in New Hampshire back home to DC (thru NYC, down the Jersey Turnpike, and most impressively on MD roads with MD drivers) in a downpour. Sure the car was tramlining like crazy, but that just kept the drive interesting.

Of which, the drive home was the most amusing so far. I had the car all of 5 miles when I did my first stop for gas and a late 20s guy came up just astonished it was a Mach 1. Eyes wide and a huge smile on his face, he wanted to see everywhere inside, and out. After he talked about it for a half hour, I finally had to politely get back on the road to finish my 500 + mile drive. I wasn't even back on the road 10 minutes and I had cars pulling up next to me, pacing me just behind at the side, and even a few exotic cars pull up and take a look. I had people waving, honking, and revving their engines the whole way home....only to get it home and the GF could give a S#!% about it.

Sponsored

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP
(Originally from MN so I can attest the roads in MN are almost always in bad condition). I drove my 21 Mach 1 HP 550 miles from the dealership in New Hampshire back home to DC (thru NYC, down the Jersey Turnpike, and most impressively on MD roads with MD drivers) in a downpour. Sure the car was tramlining like crazy, but that just kept the drive interesting.

Of which, the drive home was the most amusing so far. I had the car all of 5 miles when I did my first stop for gas and a late 20s guy came up just astonished it was a Mach 1. Eyes wide and a huge smile on his face, he wanted to see everywhere inside, and out. After he talked about it for a half hour, I finally had to politely get back on the road to finish my 500 + mile drive. I wasn't even back on the road 10 minutes and I had cars pulling up next to me, pacing me just behind at the side, and even a few exotic cars pull up and take a look. I had people waving, honking, and revving their engines the whole way home....only to get it home and the GF could give a S#!% about it.
When I was on my trip to Chicago and back I didn't really have anyone mention or stop me to ask about the car as the gas stations I stopped by were pretty bare. I did have a guy and his gf pull up next to me and gave me a thumbs up in their Corvette, I wanna say it was a C5/C6. Did a few pulls later down the road for fun.

Madtel4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
21 MACH 1, HP 1064, 20 Ranger XLT & 20 Explorer ST

Maybe you need a new GF? My wife loves our car.
Sorry I couldn't resist.
Lee

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
Thats on the receipt EVERY time I go to there.
At least correct her, that it's a coupe, not a sedan. :sunglasses:

A sedan has 4 doors or a least two big guys carrying it.
th-1415325994.jpg

Last edited:

Ozcraig

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT Coupe
Sorry to hijack a Mach 1 thread, but I thought you all might appreciate my funny story.

I have a Magnetic GT. I get the occasional compliment from strangers at the gas station or shops. However, my wife and I went to lunch recently, and driving home along the highway she noticed something like cloth flapping on the windscreen wiper. It soon started to rain and using the wipers revealed a pair of skimpy black knickers wrapped on the wiper blade. Somebody had carefully wrapped them there while we were lunching. I'll take that as a compliment!
Imagine how much explaining I would have to do if my wife didn't see it herself!

The knickers didn't do a great job of clearing the screen. Left it sort of slimy...........

Sponsored

2BigPups

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150

Which NH dealer? I was looking at a 2021 FJG at Londonderry Ford a while back but it was gone before I could talk price. I ended up getting my 2021 FJG at Quirk Ford in Quincy, MA.

Rhyanski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 #M5810, 2018 Mazda CX-5 Ultimate
Sorry to hijack a Mach 1 thread, but I thought you all might appreciate my funny story.

I have a Magnetic GT. I get the occasional compliment from strangers at the gas station or shops. However, my wife and I went to lunch recently, and driving home along the highway she noticed something like cloth flapping on the windscreen wiper. It soon started to rain and using the wipers revealed a pair of skimpy black knickers wrapped on the wiper blade. Somebody had carefully wrapped them there while we were lunching. I'll take that as a compliment!
Imagine how much explaining I would have to do if my wife didn't see it herself!

The knickers didn't do a great job of clearing the screen. Left it sort of slimy...........
Lol, that's hilarious. I had a similar situation the day I picked the car.
I went with my wife and daughter to pick it from the dealership, and then we drove back home. When I was turning on the intersection towards our building, there was another S550 headed in the opposite direction waiting for the green light, but I didn't pay any attention to it, as there was sun blinding me and I was being careful for any pedestrians crossing.
My wife and daughter on the other hand were looking at the stang and all of a sudden they both starded in the same voice " Oh my God, she's waving at you, she's waiving at you! No way! You're not going anywhere with this car ALONE!". Lol...

So they' ve kept their promise not to let me go alone in this car for like 2 days. When my daughter had to make her mommy open up the door, stand up, fold the seat to allow her crawl out of the back, then push back the seat... And they had to do it like 20times in 48h they both gave up going anywhere with me all the time LOL.

Rev68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Which NH dealer? I was looking at a 2021 FJG at Londonderry Ford a while back but it was gone before I could talk price. I ended up getting my 2021 FJG at Quirk Ford in Quincy, MA.
Seacoast Truck & Auto in New Hampton.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
My 1984 Silverado, I’m one of the rare ones. It’s a great old truck.

9635B161-6968-45C0-8D8F-A6E583EDFD07.jpeg
Cool... you and I might be the only two! Mine's a little newer LOL.

IMG_2046.JPG
Sponsored