Amusing Reactions to your Mach 1

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
All Ive ever gotten was a thumbs down when I was passed by a redneck in a clapped out Chevy Silverado with rebel flag stickers in the rear window. Guess he didn't like my car. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
Probably, one of those Chevy or die guys. I know a few of them, who hate Mustangs but have never rode in or drove one.
Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
The other day at the Chik Fil A drive thru I got compliments at each "checkpoint" along the way.
I had a Chick Fil-A girl call my car a gray sedan. As much as I wanted to correct her, I realized that generation of kids could care less about cars which is sad.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Probably, one of those Chevy or die guys. I know a few of them, who hate Mustangs but have never rode in or drove one.
I was anti-Mustang when I had my 97 Firebird Formula and 02 SS. I flipped when I got my 2017 and compared against the modern Camaro. I was a die hard GM fan and I just couldn't do that interior.

Last edited:

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Where to startā€¦.

How about 3/19/2021 when I was trying to explain to the salesman at the dealership that I wanted to order a Mach 1. He gently corrected me ā€œyou mean Mach Eā€. After a little back and forth he got the sales manager. I told him I could get 2% under invoice from Granger and asked if theyā€™d match that and he said sure. šŸ˜³. I said then letā€™s do the paperwork right now. He printed out a build sheet and said OK whatā€™s your name and number, weā€™ll call you when itā€™s in. I said OK but first how about putting that 2% under deal in writing, which he did. A few days later he must have realized what he had agreed to and our relationship was much saltier from then on.

I canā€™t even count the number of thumbs up, or neck breaking stares, or stoplight compliments this thing has gotten. Itā€™s pretty remarkable. The other day it was a bunch of 10-ish yr old kids playing in the street that got out of the way as I approached and then were screaming ā€œnice Mustangā€ as I rolled past. Or the porch full of drunk rednecks waving and yelling for a burnout. Some days I donā€™t drive it just for a break from the Paparazzi. šŸ˜‚

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I was anti-Mustang when I had my 97 Firebird Formula and 02 SS. I flipped when I got my 2017 and compared against the modern Camaro. I was a die hard GM fan and I just couldn't do that interior.
My dream car when I was in collegeā€¦ 1987 Formula with the 5-speed and 305. Would of course have preferred the 350 but could only get that with the auto trans.

1655816598404.jpeg

Sponsored

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
My dream car when I was in collegeā€¦ 1987 Formula with the 5-speed and 305. Would of course have preferred the 350 but could only get that with the auto trans.

1655816598404.jpeg
I always wanted the GTA version.

OP
OP

LikeMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
All Ive ever gotten was a thumbs down when I was passed by a redneck in a clapped out Chevy Silverado with rebel flag stickers in the rear window. Guess he didn't like my car. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
Dont ignore blatant stupidity. I wouldnt put it past people hearing the V8, but seeing "Mach 1" and will still think it's electric.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
They don't seem to like anything built in this century. It's like than in the van groups too. If it's a Ford & doesn't have a 300, 302, 351 or 460, they get all defensive.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
They don't seem to like anything built in this century. It's like than in the van groups too. If it's a Ford & doesn't have a 300, 302, 351 or 460, they get all defensive.
Wonder how many guys drive both a Silverado AND a Mustangā€¦ bet not many.

Rhyanski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 #M5810, 2018 Mazda CX-5 Ultimate
Well, the best comment I ever got was my wife, riding with me for the first time in two weeks, and she goes "Oh, are people still staring and making pictures of it? I thought they already got used to it!".

So my favorites are the following:
1. I stop to make way for pedestrians crossing, and there's this guy who crosses the street (4 lane boulevard) and he stopped 3 times to make pictures on the front from every side smiling in awe.
2. I am stopped at a traffic light and there's a kid on a bike coming out from the crossing street and sees me. Stops and rushes to get his phone out of his pocket before the lights turn green for me, to snap a picture...He was quite surprised to see my wife giving him the thumbs up when he was reviewing the picture on the phone :D
3. I am riding on the highway and I see in the rear mirror a crappy 20+ year old BMW with a reckless driver, changing lanes randomly and passing by cars from the left or the right side, slaloming. I was driving behind a truck with a trailer when this guy was approaching me on the left and then he got into my blind spot where he neither passes me, nor gives me space to accelerate and pass the truck. There was some distance between me and the trailer, so I kick the clutch and go from 6th to 4th gear with the gas pedal floored...passed the truck then came back to the right lane and slowed down to my previous speed. This guy with the BMW, passed the truck, moved behind me keeping adequate distance, and kept riding with the speed limit for like the next 50km where I turned in my direction and he proceeded forward on his way.

I have no clue how he felt or what happened with him, but he stopped driving like nuts, stuck like 30m behind me and drove with me, while I was following the speed limit.

Sponsored

KachĆøw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Hahah I get all these reaction in Ecoboost vert HPP though the ladies are another dimension; street side ignoring male mates to gawk, hoots and hollars and complements, couple even flashed LOL.

It's a comedy....no one I know with supercars gets notice from anyone except ethnic dudes haha.

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
When I called in to give my agents the VIN on mine for insurance they just called it a mustang so I didn't correct them. I won't complain if I get cheaper insurance.
Well, they were right so.......?

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
I have gotten the "is that the electric one" at more than a few car gatherings. The other one I have had a few times is the claim that it is fake..."they didn't do a Mach 1 in this gen...there are no new Mach 1s...etc." I mostly have been heavily complimented on it...most of the negative detractors are usually GT350 owners and GT owners that have done frankenstein mods to their cars to be honest.
Sponsored