Stage2 Whipple

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
IF I ever decide to go with a power adder it'll be a centri. just fits the purposes of the car more. Now, if they'd made this a straight line Mach 1 instead (live axle, 7.3 pushrod type of badass), I'd go for the blower. Also, going with stick instead of A10, so centri is better fit there as well.
The ratios will make first and second pretty much useless with a Whipple. I've heard there's Whipple flight control software that can help with that stuff but those tunes are usually pretty mild.

I'd rather have an aftermarket tuner take my redline to 8000 and shift around 7700 RPM with the GT350 manifold and a centri that won't get overspun at high RPM. That car will move pretty damn fast.
Sponsored

OP
OP
SMOKE46

SMOKE46

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach1
Vehicle Showcase
there is no right or wrong answer,

all the kits can make good power.

hell, we ran 7.7 back in 2015 with our centir.. to date, only 1 other blower car has been faster after nearly 7 years, and we were just starting to scratch the surface. car had at least a 7.3 if not 7.2 in its configuration at that time.... wish i hadn't sold the car....
Awesome

OP
OP
SMOKE46

SMOKE46

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach1
Vehicle Showcase
The ratios will make first and second pretty much useless with a Whipple. I've heard there's Whipple flight control software that can help with that stuff but those tunes are usually pretty mild.

I'd rather have an aftermarket tuner take my redline to 8000 and shift around 7700 RPM with the GT350 manifold and a centri that won't get overspun at high RPM. That car will move pretty damn fast.
Both u guys make great points

OP
OP
SMOKE46

SMOKE46

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach1
Vehicle Showcase
That being said I’m wondering which one would work better with the Rev matching on our Mach1’s or their is no diff between both

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
That being said I’m wondering which one would work better with the Rev matching on our Mach1’s or their is no diff between both
No difference. It's literally down to how the power is delivered. Whipple is instant power down low. Centrifugals are like turbos in a way. You have to spin the engine up to get them moving which is where the Coyote power band is anyway. It's really just whatever your preference is. Both systems are outstanding. I'd go Whipple if I had an auto.

You will get more torque out of a whipple than a centrifugal but you'll also be dealing with the heat that comes off it. Like I said before, there's pros and cons to every setup. They're all probably a blast to drive.

Sponsored

OP
OP
SMOKE46

SMOKE46

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach1
Vehicle Showcase
Yes I have a ford lightning that is susceptible to heat in summer but when temps get below 55 lookout it’s a monster especially when some race fuel is added . I used to run a 170 thermostat but always had a code for emissions in this crummy state I live in so I put it back to 180

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
My 03 Mach was Procharged, it was a blast even though 1&2 were useless. I’m still leaning that way with the new one.

OP
OP
SMOKE46

SMOKE46

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach1
Vehicle Showcase
I had a deposit on a GT350 but the dealer tacked on 10k after I made deposit so I said screw you buddy even though now they’re getting $125k for those cars . I’m happy with the Mach

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
It's not so much about how much HP it makes. It's more about how the HP is delivered to the wheels. The Whipple is violent and will shred tires. The Centrifugals like to live in the higher RPM's and have lighter take offs which is right where the Coyote's sweet spot is. It's a never ending argument as their are pro's and cons to all setups but that's just my two cents.
So if I have a Mach 1 with an A10 auto and I mainly just want to get the car sideways coming out of turns and light up the rear tires at low speeds, the Whipple is best? Was mainly considering Stage 1 to stay conservative & reliable. Thanks.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
So if I have a Mach 1 with an A10 auto and I mainly just want to get the car sideways coming out of turns and light up the rear tires at low speeds, the Whipple is best? Was mainly considering Stage 1 to stay conservative & reliable. Thanks.
Stay away from the crowds. You will become another internet hit video.

Sponsored

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I hear you bud, thanks for the advice. I am retired, so I normally go out while nobody else is on the roads. Other than hard accelerations, I typically drive so slowly you would literally laugh at me if you saw me. I am the definition of a poser :-) All show, not much go.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Hold on I hear there is a lot of money in successful YouTube videos! Think of the money he could make with all those clicks!

I hear you bud, thanks for the advice. I am retired, so I normally go out while nobody else is on the roads. Other than hard accelerations, I typically drive so slowly you would literally laugh at me if you saw me. I am the definition of a poser :-) All show, not much go.
sounds like me lmao. I treat every on-ramp like I’m coming out of the pits at Daytona and once I merge I’m in the slow lane doing the speed limit

2BigPups

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150
sounds like me lmao. I treat every on-ramp like I’m coming out of the pits at Daytona and once I merge I’m in the slow lane doing the speed limit
That was me on the home from work today. Full tilt boogie up the on ramp, then cruise set at the speed limit.

The little WRX STI that I left in the dust on the on ramp finally catches up and spends the next two minutes next to me downshifting and upshifting (think annoying mosquito fart pipes), finally leaving me behind when I wouldn't hit the gas at all. Passed him two miles later, pulled over, state trooper by his window. LOL

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Honestly any of the FI options will light the tires on fire. Crank up the boost and there you go. Whipple's just do it easier from lower RPM's. You can have 750-800 WHP all day but if you get no traction, you'll get smoked by someone with 600-650. A road course car with a supercharger probably would not need extreme power imo.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
I make conscious efforts to keep the car as straight as I can when accelerating. I refuse to let a little crowd pleasing go sideways. LOL.
Sponsored