Sponsored

Vicrez GT500 Hood for 2018+ Mustang! (journal)

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I think they look great! Surely there must be a page on the internet with the specs fo the GT500 stripes? "Thou dost have stripes that are only X inches in width and Y inches apart. Not more and not less"
Are you familiar with Big Worm? They are super popular with people on this forum, typically with great reviews. I ask because they have a narrow stripe and a wide stripe. I’m curious if that’s because they changed thickness at some point? The old AC Cobra had wide ones and it seems the GT500s do too…?
Sponsored

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Are you familiar with Big Worm? They are super popular with people on this forum, typically with great reviews. I ask because they have a narrow stripe and a wide stripe. I’m curious if that’s because they changed thickness at some point? The old AC Cobra had wide ones and it seems the GT500s do too…?
No sir I am not. I'm assuming it's "cool lingo" for a super snake?

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
No sir I am not. I'm assuming it's "cool lingo" for a super snake?
No, Big Worm is a company that makes sticker stripes for the mustang (among others). Google Big Worm Graphix-

Reactions: MCS
OP
OP
waltematech

waltematech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Are these Big Worm? If so are they narrow or wide?
Yea, they are big worm, they’re 7” I believe. I dunno if I’d recommend Big Worm though. The stripes were not cut straight at all. Thankfully I got the pin stripes because the outside edge was cut all wonky and the shop had a hell of a time hiding it. The section that was in the roof was completely unusable, so they had to make their own that matched the hood and trunk lid because the section Big Worm sent for the roof was so janky

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Yea, they are big worm, they’re 7” I believe. I dunno if I’d recommend Big Worm though. The stripes were not cut straight at all. Thankfully I got the pin stripes because the outside edge was cut all wonky and the shop had a hell of a time hiding it. The section that was in the roof was completely unusable, so they had to make their own that matched the hood and trunk lid because the section Big Worm sent for the roof was so janky
Oh no shit… good to know. I was kinda considering waiting until I had money for painted stripes…

Sponsored

OP
OP
waltematech

waltematech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Also, I told the shop to center the tripes on the center support for the louvers on the hood. I have seen some people put stripes on their cars and they don’t line up with the louvers and it drives me crazy
71EFC699-3457-448B-8C6C-77E7FB6D5FC8.jpeg

OP
OP
waltematech

waltematech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Oh no shit… good to know. I was kinda considering waiting until I had money for painted stripes…
Yea, I would say get the dimensions for the GT500 stripes and then just take it to a graphics shop. The guy who put mine on said it makes it a lot harder if you have the stripes precut and bring them in, cause they have to line them up. He said the easy way for them to do it is put a large piece of the color on and then use a blade less cutter to make the lines straight after install. It’s how they did the stripes on the roof of my car.

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Yea, I would say get the dimensions for the GT500 stripes and then just take it to a graphics shop. The guy who put mine on said it makes it a lot harder if you have the stripes precut and bring them in, cause they have to line them up. He said the easy way for them to do it is put a large piece of the color on and then use a blade less cutter to make the lines straight after install. It’s how they did the stripes on the roof of my car.
What did they charge for the install? I asked a graphic shop and was told for them to make and install was $3k, so the appeal of Big Worm is the $300ish price tag.

OP
OP
waltematech

waltematech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
What did they charge for the install? I asked a graphic shop and was told for them to make and install was $3k, so the appeal of Big Worm is the $300ish price tag.
$3k, wow!! That seems very excessive. I got the whole thing done for $650.

Sponsored
OP
OP
waltematech

waltematech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Yea, see… THIS bothers me… these are photos of someone else’s cervini hood and the stripes aren’t lined up with the center support on the louvers. I would have had them redo it if it came out like this. I was VERY specific about it when I dropped my car off. I think the spacing between the stripes is suppose to match up with this support perfectly.

6990E9CA-196F-4EA5-A5D0-EFC686FF3994.jpeg
1EEADE06-65EF-4AE2-9E85-DD5253A23537.jpeg
D054C0AD-DCBF-4402-8F22-B3E0356B3218.jpeg

OP
OP
waltematech

waltematech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
This is how it’s supposed to be on the GT500
0EF08867-234D-41E0-A3EE-2EB65F86F29F.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: MCS
OP
OP
waltematech

waltematech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Well, you got to remember the installation price too. I took my bigworm stripes to 2 different places. The first said $650 regardless if I had the stripes before or not, cause he was just going to throw them away and cut his own cause it was easier… so I took it somewhere else, and the guy put the ones on that I gave him with out issue, but it was still the $650… and then when I went to pick the car up, that’s when he told me about how they were cut really bad, and that a portion of them were so thrashed that they were unusable. That’s when he started telling me that it would have been easier if I hadn’t bought the stripes beforehand. And this was after he already put them on, so I knew he wasn't just saying that to make a sale.

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
So here’s a pic of the hardware I used to mount the vent and then used rivet nuts and finger screws to take the rain tray off n on with ease. Oh and before painting I did add weep holes on front two vents in the same location as the actual ford one

C60F4916-66C2-451A-AB2D-34C170E10428.jpeg

EA2E9028-50EB-4965-86F1-4B6843CC3C95.jpeg

67FA3D5E-1EA1-42C7-868B-E8D428DAC0A6.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
waltematech

waltematech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
It looks like my stripes are 7” wide total, including the pinstripe (I started measuring at the 1” mark instead of the 0” mark to make the lines clearer)

83E32C1C-419A-49A9-A67B-902FB115BA85.jpeg

also looks like the gap between the stripes is close to 1” even

1F825A3B-35DD-4359-8EF1-6F8E3F205314.jpeg
Sponsored