Sponsored

Vicrez GT500 Hood for 2018+ Mustang! (journal)

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
I have ford performance on mine
They work fine
Do you find they help with the hood flutter at all? I notice at the top of the hood there is a little bit of flex/movement at speed. Im not worried as the hood latch is at the head of it and the hood mounts are bolted but my girlfriend was like "Is that normal?!?!?" LOL
Sponsored

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
I have the ford performance as well. I havent noticed any hood flutter that I recall. What speed? like 150 plus? LOL

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
I have the ford performance as well. I havent noticed any hood flutter that I recall. What speed? like 150 plus? LOL
I don't have the hood struts yet. The hood flutter or shake occurs at all speeds. Usually when I hit a bump I notice it.

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Got a better video of this yesterday coming home from the office.

It's more like a flex than a flutter. It isn't related to the wind or air pressure under the hood. Rough roads make it flex ever so slightly.

Sponsored

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Really doesn’t matter on which side is which. But they are angled so you just have to make sure you get the angle in the cup correctly. I actually got a roll of thinner (thickness) and didn’t use the ones supplied as I felt it stuck them out farther than I liked. Had to put strips on the plastic pieces then trimmed with a razor blade.
Did you go lower side at the top or lower side at the bottom when you mounted them? I'm going to tackle this on the weekend as hearing about @TrackMustang woes getting hood pins to mount under the hood has me throwing up my hands!

Last edited:

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Does anyone have the width measurement on the heat extractor? I'm trying to see how wide it is vs the Mach 1 vinyl decal.

Edit: Ended up finding it on the web for the OEM Shelby GT500 hood. 31X28 inches

Last edited:

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
@MCS once you set the for pins on you will be able to tell. Also, my hood does the same on bumps. I think it’s just more noticeable since it sticks up a bit farther than the stock. The hood struts may stop some of it. But regardless the hood struts are a must and very nice to have

Reactions: MCS

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
@MCS once you set the for pins on you will be able to tell. Also, my hood does the same on bumps. I think it’s just more noticeable since it sticks up a bit farther than the stock. The hood struts may stop some of it. But regardless the hood struts are a must and very nice to have
Already ordered good sir. Just waiting for Amazon to deliver and I'll install them in 30 mins at my place. I think it'll resolve SOME of it but not all. We will see.

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Added the little rubber thingy (I'm sure that this is the technical term for this part) from the stock hood to this GT500 hood and it SEEMS (knock on wood) to have reduced the flutter by about half. I'm guessing if the hood struts arrive, and I can install them before Saturday, it may add a little more rigidity to it.

I even slammed into a significant pothole today (on a major road in a major city with 800k people in it - my tax dollars at work apparently) and it didn't move the hood a whole lot. It also didn't damage the wheel/tire/suspension as far as I can tell.

Sponsored

nameuser

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP2, 1969 Chevelle
Vehicle Showcase
Added the little rubber thingy (I'm sure that this is the technical term for this part) from the stock hood to this GT500 hood and it SEEMS (knock on wood) to have reduced the flutter by about half. I'm guessing if the hood struts arrive, and I can install them before Saturday, it may add a little more rigidity to it.

I even slammed into a significant pothole today (on a major road in a major city with 800k people in it - my tax dollars at work apparently) and it didn't move the hood a whole lot. It also didn't damage the wheel/tire/suspension as far as I can tell.
Did the struts do the trick?

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Did the struts do the trick?
Yes, they brought it down about 75% of the way. Three things have had an impact.

#1 I installed the rubber piece that goes along the line of the hood parallel to the firewall. That seemed to adjust airflow under the hood.

#2 I installed the Ford Performance hood struts and that seemed to firm up the edges a bit.

#3 I brought my tires down from 38psi cold to about 32 cold and that made a noticeable improvement.

I notice on cold days it doesn't vibrate as much. Metal and Thermal Dynamics work hand in hand LOL
Sponsored