Cervinis GT500 hood for 2018

Jeff's FRC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
There is a slight bump as people are saying, and I was afraid it would stick out like a sore thumb. On my color car its just not noticeable really at all. Maybe it's like that acrtoss the board, and photos just make it seem much worse than it really is. Not sure, but like I said, not noticeable on my car in real life...
Sponsored

Siege

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible PP1, 2003 Marauder Trilogy S/C #250, 1992 Mustang 5.0 Notch
There is a slight bump as people are saying, and I was afraid it would stick out like a sore thumb. On my color car its just not noticeable really at all. Maybe it's like that acrtoss the board, and photos just make it seem much worse than it really is. Not sure, but like I said, not noticeable on my car in real life...
It's really not noticeable on the 15-17 hoods. The 18- ones have a much bigger bump with the lower nose.

Your car looks awesome!

3rdRGR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush RS2, 2011 Nissan Murano SV
I know it may seem like heresy, but I'm considering going Roushby? Getting the 500 hood and front clip for my RS2. But I was hoping I could switch out the 500 grill with the current Roush grille? Then finishing it off by keeping the Roush single black stripe and switching the black pinstripes that flank it with silver. I'm never happy with the current state but whatcha gonna do...

Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
It looks great, but excuse my ignorance, does water come in on top of the motor?
I think you know the answer to that question.

zhent

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
There's a rain tray that can be mounted to keep water off of the engine, though in the pic above it wasn't shown.

Not the best pic of mine:
51266040277_aefe28f8e7_b.jpg

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
If I knew the answer I wouldn't ask. Maybe there's some kind of cover underneath, I don't know.
I kind of feel his response was a bit unwarranted as it didn't answer the question, I also did not know if there's rain trays or not.

Sponsored

CORNYOTE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
This place is slowly turning into a Mustang Facebook page. With a bunch of assholes being smartasses and not actually contributing anything.

Jeff's FRC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
This place is slowly turning into a Mustang Facebook page. With a bunch of assholes being smartasses and not actually contributing anything.
Facefuck has ruined forums. Back in the day there was so much great info on the forums and now everyone has left and gone to FB groups where every post is “hey yo follow my build on insta!”

Builds consist of air ride, bushwhacker fender flares, and under glow lights.

basti

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sebastian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT MY2018 EU
Hey everyone!

I've been a silent reader for years here in this forum which gaves me a lot of informations in the past.
I will post in "Introduce yourself!!" later for more informations about me.

But now i have some questions about the GT500 Hood from Cervinis.
We have some alignment problems on the passenger side from hood to fender:

InkedIMG_5717_LI.jpg

It's touching the fender at the marked spot in the image when the hood is closed.
It's seems that the passenger door and fender is not perfectly aligned from factory. (I've ordered it back in dec 2017. It's a MY2018 export model)
Because I don't want to touch any of the original parts, we decided to sand down a little from the hood.
Do you have any problems with such alignment or maybe a better idea what to do?

Next question is about the original hood ruber seals at the windshield and the both little seals at the headlights.
There are pre-punched holes at the windshield side on the cervinis hood, will the original rubber seal fit? Do you drill the holes further?
On the headlight side, there are also holes, but they seems a little big, will the original ones fit?
Or did you just leave out the seals?

Not finished yet, but that how it will look like:

e26df10f-992e-4dd8-b38b-93df0ca445aa.jpg

Thanks for your help!

Greetings from north germany
basti

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
Hey everyone!

I've been a silent reader for years here in this forum which gaves me a lot of informations in the past.
I will post in "Introduce yourself!!" later for more informations about me.

But now i have some questions about the GT500 Hood from Cervinis.
We have some alignment problems on the passenger side from hood to fender:

InkedIMG_5717_LI.jpg

It's touching the fender at the marked spot in the image when the hood is closed.
It's seems that the passenger door and fender is not perfectly aligned from factory. (I've ordered it back in dec 2017. It's a MY2018 export model)
Because I don't want to touch any of the original parts, we decided to sand down a little from the hood.
Do you have any problems with such alignment or maybe a better idea what to do?

Next question is about the original hood ruber seals at the windshield and the both little seals at the headlights.
There are pre-punched holes at the windshield side on the cervinis hood, will the original rubber seal fit? Do you drill the holes further?
On the headlight side, there are also holes, but they seems a little big, will the original ones fit?
Or did you just leave out the seals?

Not finished yet, but that how it will look like:

e26df10f-992e-4dd8-b38b-93df0ca445aa.jpg

Thanks for your help!

Greetings from north germany
basti
Hi.
1: Remove the hood, front latch bar so your hood freely moves when closed.
2: Try loosening the fender mounting bolts and try to adjust the fender backwards towards the door about 1/8"-1/16" ?. ( Keep same Hood to fender side gap same as the other side.
2: Also try loosening the Hood mounting bolts and lightly twist hood just enough to create a safe gap all around. Most likely unless you grinded and form fitted the hood corners, gaps etc, they might still not be as perfect as OEM. Good luck

basti

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sebastian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT MY2018 EU
Hi.
1: Remove the hood, front latch bar so your hood freely moves when closed.
2: Try loosening the fender mounting bolts and try to adjust the fender backwards towards the door about 1/8"-1/16" ?. ( Keep same Hood to fender side gap same as the other side.
2: Also try loosening the Hood mounting bolts and lightly twist hood just enough to create a safe gap all around. Most likely unless you grinded and form fitted the hood corners, gaps etc, they might still not be as perfect as OEM. Good luck
Thanks a lot @DougS550 for the fast reply!

I will have a lock into this and will update the whole story of the conversion to cervinis hood next week.
Sponsored