Sponsored

Does a Ford GT500 Hood Liner fit the Vicrez GT500 hood?

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Hi All,

So I'm dealing with a dumpster fire of issues with Vicrez and then not standing behind their warranty on defective products and rather than continue to deal with them I will throw money at the problem, with a local body shop, and make it go away. You can read about that sh*t show here.

My question is if I wanted to cover up some of the underside imperfections would a Ford GT500 hood liner fit the Vicrez aftermarket GT500 hood? To my knowledge, they are the same size and it looks to have the same mounting holes?

NOTE: Pay no attention to the arrows. I had to send a TON of pictures to them for my claim on the 10+ dents/dings and am using one here to illustrate the mounting holes?.

2022-05-26_21h07_06.png
Sponsored

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
How is the Top Side?, That is what matters the most right?

OP
OP
MCS

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
How is the Top Side?, That is what matters the most right?
Well, this thread was more about seeing whether the liner would fit so I could cover up some of this BS on the underside (cause my OCD kicks in and it bugs me) however the top side has corresponding marks to the lower side and the box has corresponding marks to this portion of the hood so it was either dropped from a low flying plane as it passed over the great white north or something big, heavy and nasty fell on it. Pictures below.

But back on topic. Does anyone know if a Ford official (part number to be dug up) GT500 liner will fit Vicrez?

2022-05-26_21h07_58.png
2022-05-26_21h08_42.png
2022-05-26_21h09_47.png

Snakebyte

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
Well, this thread was more about seeing whether the liner would fit so I could cover up some of this BS on the underside (cause my OCD kicks in and it bugs me) however the top side has corresponding marks to the lower side and the box has corresponding marks to this portion of the hood so it was either dropped from a low flying plane as it passed over the great white north or something big, heavy and nasty fell on it. Pictures below.

But back on topic. Does anyone know if a Ford official (part number to be dug up) GT500 liner will fit Vicrez?

2022-05-26_21h07_58.png
2022-05-26_21h08_42.png
2022-05-26_21h09_47.png
Oh my, MCS, I see the faux latches were the lesser of your issues. My hood from Vicrez had structural damage, that a local body shop would not touch because of the liability.

Any good body shop should have access to a ding removal company that may help out. Of course it would be at your cost because Vicrez as you found out doesn't seem to know what customer service looks like. That said, with a good body shop I believe there is hope, albeit not free hope. One thing my body shop wanted to avoid at all costs was bondo-ing an aluminum hood.

I also highly recommend, if there is any hood-to-body fit tweaking, have your body shop do it. That aluminum is highly prone to damage (as I learned the hard way with my aluminum MP Concepts hood).

Hope you get some satisfaction from a local shop. Living in Canada, working with Vicrez in California obviously can be a dumpster fire as you put it. You are not alone based on what I've heard from numerous other sources.

OP
OP
MCS

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Oh my, MCS, I see the faux latches were the lesser of your issues. My hood from Vicrez had structural damage, that a local body shop would not touch because of the liability.

Any good body shop should have access to a ding removal company that may help out. Of course it would be at your cost because Vicrez as you found out doesn't seem to know what customer service looks like. That said, with a good body shop I believe there is hope, albeit not free hope. One thing my body shop wanted to avoid at all costs was bondo-ing an aluminum hood.

I also highly recommend, if there is any hood-to-body fit tweaking, have your body shop do it. That aluminum is highly prone to damage (as I learned the hard way with my aluminum MP Concepts hood).

Hope you get some satisfaction from a local shop. Living in Canada, working with Vicrez in California obviously can be a dumpster fire as you put it. You are not alone based on what I've heard from numerous other sources.
Yeah, it was pretty beat up. The body shop said the box looked like it had been dropped from a low-flying plane. But they did work some magic. Cost me around $1000 CDN. Keep in mind that is only to fix the hood not paint it.

All jokes aside, I'm not sarcastic to the Bodyshop. They took a turd and polished it for some GREAT results. Amazing! You pay for good quality craftsmanship and I don't mind since this is my baby! Well, my second one at any rate.

I'm hoping installation is on Tuesday for the Hood and Spoiler.

PAINTED1.jpg

PAINTED2.jpg

Sponsored

Snakebyte

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
Glad you are finally seeing results. Looking forward to the final installation photos.

Reactions: MCS
OP
OP
MCS

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
The GT500 does not have a hood liner
Thank you Sir! I saw some hoods up at the Mustang Meet last weekend (a few GT500 there) and realized that was the case but appreciate the follow-up!

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you Sir! I saw some hoods up at the Mustang Meet last weekend (a few GT500 there) and realized that was the case but appreciate the follow-up!
I wish I helped, I only brought bad news (that you already knew), sorry man.

That said, I do like your hood, bummer about the nightmare. I think you will get it all worked out and looking good. :beer:
Sponsored