Sponsored

Cervinis GT500 hood for 2018

HN401A

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
I recently added this hood to my car and thought I would chime in. Back in Spring of this year, my car was caught in an unfortunate hail storm. The aftermath left some pretty significant damage to my stock hood and it was already suffering from the beloved Ford hood corrosion issue. So with that in mind I took the opportunity to upgrade to this hood and their C-series chin spoiler.

ORDERING + SHIPPING:
I ordered through Lethal Performance and the lead time was a little over a month before it shipped. The freight company that delivered it was a total joke to deal with. I experienced a few delayed delivery dates and a clueless delivery driver. What was initially supposed to be a single delivery (hood and chin spoiler) turned out to be two separate deliveries a week apart. The first time they showed up, it was just the chin spoiler and when I asked about the hood, the delivery guy gave me the 'deer in the headlights' look. Turns out they had 'lost' the hood for a week. After many phone calls to their terrible and careless customer service it finally showed up. Not only did he not notify me of delivery, but he also forged my signature as if I was there to receive it - Nice. The box they shipped it in was totally beat to shit as if they packed it with scrap carboard. I was pretty nervous unpacking it but in the end it arrived undamaged. If you are able to, avoid Southwestern Freight Lines at all costs.

QUALITY + FINISH:
I opted for the unpainted version as I was unsure that the paint match from Cervini's would look good. My car is Guard Metallic and I've been told by other shops in the past that its not the easiest color to match. To my knowledge, I think I'm the only Guard Metallic rocking this hood on the forum! So I didn't have any pictures to compare to either. Plus the car was already going to be in the shop for PDR repair so it felt right to have a local shop do the work. I'm glad I did because in the end the paint match looks really good. Aside from that, the quality of the fiberglass and rain tray seemed fine at delivery. The shop did tell me that there were several small pin holes that needed to be filled/smoothed out prior to painting. Like others mentioned in this thread, I had the rain tray painted gloss black to match the wheels and roof of the car.

FIT:
Overall, I'm happy with the fit of this hood. I have the 15-17 style bumper and as others have mentioned the infamous 'bump' isn't really visible on this body style. It really blends well into the existing lines of the car. No issues with the alignment of the hood near the windshield like the post above me. I really only have two minor issues:

1.) There is a slight fitment issue where the hood meets the triangular portion of the fender near the headlights. When opening/closing the hood it appears to make slight contact with the inside edge there. I'm taking it back to the shop this week to have the fenders adjusted a bit to make some more space. This was fixed in 15 minutes by the shop by letting the fenders out.

2.) The other issue I had is with the hood struts. I had put some Steeda hood struts on the car shortly after I bought it years ago and with the new hood these struts don't appear to be strong enough to hold the hood up. @Jeff's FRC, I see in your pictures you have hood struts that appear to be working with this hood. Would you mind sharing which brand you went with? I will definitely have to swap mine out for another brand. I've now ordered a set of the Cervini's hood struts so this should no longer be an issue.

CONCLUSION:
In the end, these are pretty minor problems. Like I said before, in general I'm really happy with the upgrade. I think some slight fitment issues are to be expected with any aftermarket hood. It definitely does give the car a more aggressive look and feel. In case it wasn't obvious in other posts, from inside the cabin this hood is also a few inches taller than stock and definitely noticeable when driving. Not a big deal, but noticeable. I'll post some more pictures in the near future with better lighting. For those on the fence, make the jump it's a nice upgrade!

PICS:
cervinihood1.jpg
cervinihood2.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jeff's FRC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I recently added this hood to my car and thought I would chime in. Back in Spring of this year, my car was caught in an unfortunate hail storm. The aftermath left some pretty significant damage to my stock hood and it was already suffering from the beloved Ford hood corrosion issue. So with that in mind I took the opportunity to upgrade to this hood and their C-series chin spoiler.

ORDERING + SHIPPING:
I ordered through Lethal Performance and the lead time was a little over a month before it shipped. The freight company that delivered it was a total joke to deal with. I experienced a few delayed delivery dates and a clueless delivery driver. What was initially supposed to be a single delivery (hood and chin spoiler) turned out to be two separate deliveries a week apart. The first time they showed up, it was just the chin spoiler and when I asked about the hood, the delivery guy gave me the 'deer in the headlights' look. Turns out they had 'lost' the hood for a week. After many phone calls to their terrible and careless customer service it finally showed up. Not only did he not notify me of delivery, but he also forged my signature as if I was there to receive it - Nice. The box they shipped it in was totally beat to shit as if they packed it with scrap carboard. I was pretty nervous unpacking it but in the end it arrived undamaged. If you are able to, avoid Southwestern Freight Lines at all costs.

QUALITY + FINISH:
I opted for the unpainted version as I was unsure that the paint match from Cervini's would look good. My car is Guard Metallic and I've been told by other shops in the past that its not the easiest color to match. To my knowledge, I think I'm the only Guard Metallic rocking this hood on the forum! So I didn't have any pictures to compare to either. Plus the car was already going to be in the shop for PDR repair so it felt right to have a local shop do the work. I'm glad I did because in the end the paint match looks really good. Aside from that, the quality of the fiberglass and rain tray seemed fine at delivery. The shop did tell me that there were several small pin holes that needed to be filled/smoothed out prior to painting. Like others mentioned in this thread, I had the rain tray painted gloss black to match the wheels and roof of the car.

FIT:
Overall, I'm happy with the fit of this hood. I have the 15-17 style bumper and as others have mentioned the infamous 'bump' isn't really visible on this body style. It really blends well into the existing lines of the car. No issues with the alignment of the hood near the windshield like the post above me. I really only have two minor issues:

1.) There is a slight fitment issue where the hood meets the triangular portion of the fender near the headlights. When opening/closing the hood it appears to make slight contact with the inside edge there. I'm taking it back to the shop this week to have the fenders adjusted a bit to make some more space.

2.) The other issue I had is with the hood struts. I had put some Steeda hood struts on the car shortly after I bought it years ago and with the new hood these struts don't appear to be strong enough to hold the hood up. @Jeff's FRC, I see in your pictures you have hood struts that appear to be working with this hood. Would you mind sharing which brand you went with? I will definitely have to swap mine out for another brand.

CONCLUSION:
In the end, these are pretty minor problems. Like I said before, in general I'm really happy with the upgrade. I think some slight fitment issues are to be expected with any aftermarket hood. It definitely does give the car a more aggressive look and feel. In case it wasn't obvious in other posts, from inside the cabin this hood is also a few inches taller than stock and definitely noticeable when driving. Not a big deal, but noticeable. I'll post some more pictures in the near future with better lighting. For those on the fence, make the jump it's a nice upgrade!
I’m running the Redline struts. They work but I can tell they are stressed. Cervinis sells struts as well so I’d probably go that route if I had to buy new.

basti

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sebastian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT MY2018 EU
2.) The other issue I had is with the hood struts. I had put some Steeda hood struts on the car shortly after I bought it years ago and with the new hood these struts don't appear to be strong enough to hold the hood up. @Jeff's FRC, I see in your pictures you have hood struts that appear to be working with this hood. Would you mind sharing which brand you went with? I will definitely have to swap mine out for another brand. I've now ordered a set of the Cervini's hood struts so this should no longer be an issue.
Hi,

i had the cervinis hoodstruts installed by the shop but they screwed it up:

IMG_5833.JPEG

IMG_5835.JPEG

So be carefull when you install these struts.

After that i went with the redline and installed them by myself. They fit better in the recess and they are doing well!
Just want to share my experience but i would recommend to use the redlines.

HN401A

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
Thanks for the heads up. I installed the Cervini's yesterday and had no issues. Good to know though!

beetle6986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 04 Cobra, 2008 BMW 335
For those of you that had the hood painted at a body shop…. Did they blend the paint onto other panels? Im having a new hood and trunk put on by a local shop. They want to blend the panels to make sure the paint matches. That made me a little nervous.

Sponsored

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
For those of you that had the hood painted at a body shop…. Did they blend the paint onto other panels? Im having a new hood and trunk put on by a local shop. They want to blend the panels to make sure the paint matches. That made me a little nervous.
Depends if you want the color to match perfectly. It’s a very common practice and usually has to be done to match perfectly. Also depends a lil on color. My hood is being done now. But mine is Oxford white and found the paint mixed by a member to match perfectly. So I’m not having it blended.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
Anyone have this on their car ? I couldn't find any real life pictures so wanted to see how it looks before making a decision.

https://www.cervinis.com/18-19-gt500-hood.html
yhst-131964867535317_2620_117708607.jpg
I did last year. IT DID NOT FIT, Cervinis Customer Support Manager was a Clueless POS who didn't have a clue what he was talking about. My body shop mailed the defective hood back to Cervinis but on My Dime, the Manager said my body shop (Over 30 years as Collision Repair Shop), didn't know how to install a hood, and so Cervinis Manager said he would not pay for the return shipping. The company is run by idiots who don't give a shit about customers. The True Test of any Good company, is not how well they take care of customers when everything is working great, but rather when things turn to shit from them selling a defective part to a customer and then how well they take care of that customer by making things right. I had the exact same problem with Drake, with a rear deck lid which was defective and would not line up and the camera would not mount on the lid. But, since last year I spent over 18k on mods, and I will say Drake and Cervinis didn't get one damn cent. Good luck

Last edited:

zworld

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
zane
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I prefer this cervinis hood. Working ram air too.

IMG_1374.JPG

BillG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang gt
Has anyone tried the Cervini Stalker or Ram hood on the 2018-2020 Whippled Mustang, with the add-on inner air duct?