ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Did you?

Honestly, the only real snow driving I did, when I first got the car, it would NOT allow me the wheel spin I needed. I had it in track mode, but I didn't press & hold the TC button for.....what?....3-6 seconds? To shut the TC supposedly "off".

Maybe this car has a DFO issue.
Idk why there's a consistency issue for some people, on my car if I long press the button, everything is actually off. I can whip 360 burnouts (and have done so). Turn it back on, and the car keeps playing with the brakes and it's literally impossible to let the back out no matter how hard you turn or floor it.
Sponsored

OP
OP
young at heart

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
Idk why there's a consistency issue for some people, on my car if I long press the button, everything is actually off. I can whip 360 burnouts (and have done so). Turn it back on, and the car keeps playing with the brakes and it's literally impossible to let the back out no matter how hard you turn or floor it.
Ice, when you say “turn IT back on” are you talking about TC, ESC or both?

OP
OP
young at heart

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you press the TC button after doing the "long press" mode to disable ESC, I believe it turns everything back on.
ice, yeah I got that but what I meant was which of the two nannies was playing with the brakes and making it impossible to get the back end out, TC or ESC or could you even tell which one it was?

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
My car cuts the power. Just cuts it.

I'm not talking about doughnuts, just snow & ice driving where some wheel spin is very necessary to keep momentum going.

Sponsored

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
I honestly think they changed something on the 2018+ cars. My 2016 was very consistent. I could turn off the traction control and ESC and it would go sideways all the time. My 2019 was not so consistent and was much more difficult to get sideways.

OP
OP
young at heart

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I honestly think they changed something on the 2018+ cars. My 2016 was very consistent. I could turn off the traction control and ESC and it would go sideways all the time. My 2019 was not so consistent and was much more difficult to get sideways.
Are you suggesting this change was a good thing or a bad thing?

jblue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2021 Twister Orange GT Premium 401A Ebony Stripes
I agree 100%. I’ve been driving high horsepower and built cars since my late teens…early 20s and my dad got me into it. I learned how to drive from the best and I know how to handle a car like this. i’m 53 now and still love it. I wouldn’t have it any other way. I know there are a lot of people who buy this car or any other sports car with no experience and need to learn the car before you go all out.
I agree with you. I would say this is my first sports car, and I feel that's what the GT is, I've got it all, fully loaded, Magneride, everything but Recaro's, and I love it. When I first drove it home from the dealer, I thought, Wow, this is something I am going to have to really learn how to drive. The handling is awesome, and I am still learning as I have like 900 miles on it so far, but do enjoy driving it!

Sponsored

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
Are you suggesting this change was a good thing or a bad thing?
The 2016 was a lot more fun than the 2020. The 2020 always felt like there was something still turned on and making it more difficult to even do a burnout. Maybe they were trying to save the cars and coffee spectators.

OP
OP
young at heart

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The 2016 was a lot more fun than the 2020. The 2020 always felt like there was something still turned on and making it more difficult to even do a burnout. Maybe they were trying to save the cars and coffee spectators.
My 2020 is pretty much like that too, although I have no other frame of reference. Even with 3.15s, the A10 and PZeros mine will spin some from a dig and between the first couple of shifts if I have both nannies off and the car in drag mode. But as long as it’s pointed straight it shows no sign of wanting to come around on me. Maybe I’ve just been lucky so far, or unlucky depending on one’s point of view.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I'm pretty sure there are far more aggressive torque limiters on the newer cars. Since I live at altitude my car rarely has to pull timing, so I make the full torque all the time and it's pretty often that I feel the car run into its own limiters and yank itself back. It's pretty annoying to be honest. When it doesn't dick around it feels so much quicker. I'm interested to see if the behavior changes when I put more tire under the car this spring.

food_fanaticz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue GT Premium
I agree with you. I would say this is my first sports car, and I feel that's what the GT is, I've got it all, fully loaded, Magneride, everything but Recaro's, and I love it. When I first drove it home from the dealer, I thought, Wow, this is something I am going to have to really learn how to drive. The handling is awesome, and I am still learning as I have like 900 miles on it so far, but do enjoy driving it!
Same, it's my first too also fullly loaded. I still remember when I first took it for a test drive, we're on a straight back road no cars on it and sales guy was egging me on to floor it :crazy:and all the while I"m going "b-but it's not my car yet..I can't crash it on the test drive!" lol I respect the car. I used to drive a civic so it definitely was more power than I was used to. The first month I was very delicate with the car until I could get used to driving such a high hp car. I still can't park it for the life of me lol, the long hood makes it difficult so now I just back it in or pull up to the space in front.

jblue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2021 Twister Orange GT Premium 401A Ebony Stripes
Same, it's my first too also fullly loaded. I still remember when I first took it for a test drive, we're on a straight back road no cars on it and sales guy was egging me on to floor it :crazy:and all the while I"m going "b-but it's not my car yet..I can't crash it on the test drive!" lol I respect the car. I used to drive a civic so it definitely was more power than I was used to. The first month I was very delicate with the car until I could get used to driving such a high hp car. I still can't park it for the life of me lol, the long hood makes it difficult so now I just back it in or pull up to the space in front.
Yeah, I've learned about the long hood too. I haven't hit anything yet, but it really is a long hood. Wish it had front parking sensors, I really do like the rear ones.
Sponsored