Sponsored

What battery did you switch to?

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Its time for a new battery. I dont need a crazy battery, but want better over stock and one that fits like stock.
Autozone has an Odyssey but it weighs 41 lbs. so that's out.
Advanced has a Diehard AGM at 31 lbs.

I see a lot go with XSP-D4700
Do you need anything else for it? Does it fit good? Some said it won't fit with the battery cover on.

Recommendations?
Sponsored

Last edited:

rhexis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Audi S4, 2020 Mustang GT
Its time for a new battery. I dont need a crazy battery, but want better over stock and one that fits like stock.

Do you need anything else for it? Does it fit good?

Recommendations?
i replaced the oem battery a couple of months after getting the car with this one.

Odyssey Battery 96R-600 Group Size 96R 600 CCA (autozone.com)

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase

Do you need anything else for it? Does it fit good?

Recommendations?
That’s not a good sign. My car is been taking more cranks to start lately and that’s not good because I’m in California. That made me think that my battery was going bad but at the last oil change they said it was still in the three-quarter range and shows good voltage. Let me know what you go with because I was doing the same.

OP
OP

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
That’s not a good sign. My car is been taking more cranks to start lately and that’s not good because I’m in California. That made me think that my battery was going bad but at the last oil change they said it was still in the three-quarter range and shows good voltage. Let me know what you go with because I was doing the same.
Honestly I'm not surprised with mine. I don't drive as much as I used to. Plus the FL heat and the recent cold just adds to it.

Sponsored

rhexis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Audi S4, 2020 Mustang GT
That what I was originally leaning towards, but then I saw the weight.
i didnt notice a difference between the oem and the odyssey when i did the swap, even if it was 5 lbs heavier or even 5 lbs lighter its not like its going to make a noticeable difference in the performance of the car.

OP
OP

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
i didnt notice a difference between the oem and the odyssey when i did the swap, even if it was 5 lbs heavier or even 5 lbs lighter its not like its going to make a noticeable difference in the performance of the car.
Good point. I was looking at the xs, but I really don't need that much cold cranking power living in FL and not having any extras besides a dash cam. Plus it's the same weight as the Odyssey.
I can easily get the Odyssey too.

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
It doesn't give you much warning once the factory battery gets past 3 years. Mine was not lasting as long with accessory power on time and it was a little tough to crank after sitting with the accessory on once then a few weeks later, couldn't start.

thunderstrike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 6 spd
i replaced the oem battery a couple of months after getting the car with this one.

Odyssey Battery 96R-600 Group Size 96R 600 CCA (autozone.com)
$274? That be $300 w/ tax. Not me, I'll be buying a cheapest one from Walmart.

Why? I plan to keep a battery for 2-3 years only, and buy from a place where I can return if needed anywhere in CONUS. I recalled when I bought a Yellow Top, it went bad 11th month. Got my full money back from Sam's Club and bought a cheapest one from Walmart. It lasted 5 years. Pure luck.

My Mustang has a manual transmission -- no auto stop/start to run down the battery.

Sponsored

thunderstrike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 6 spd
Last edited:

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 '19 GT PP1 '13 GT500, 98 GT, 92 LX 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
I use O'reilly Sure Starts on most new cars and all classics. They are basic black and the stickers are easily removed.

They easily last longer than my FoMoCo (2years). I get 3-4 yrs out of premium Sure Starts.

And when they go bad they just switch them out. Very few if any questions asked.

I am not fond of high priced batteries. They all crap out sooner than they should.

I everyone who let their car sit more than a week used a battery tender. Who knows how much longer they all would last?

Last edited:
OP
OP

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Looks like I'm going to go with the Odyssey. Only store that has one now is 45 minutes away so I'll go get it tomorrow. Not many AGM battery options and I know I want AGM.
Sponsored