Sebring Track Day

Knockdown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Thought you might enjoy a lap around Sebring .......

Mach 1 HP
Street/Rain Tire Setup - 265F:285R/35 19 MPS4S
75-80degF

Impressions
Even with these tires, car was very predictable and performed nicely.
The DTC60F/30R pads, Steeda 2 piece front rotors, RBF660 fluid performed really good, nice bite.
The Schroth QuickFit Pro 4 point harnesses were a great addition.

Looking forward to running the CUP2 tires!
Sponsored

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis# M1869, Iconic Silver
Thought you might enjoy a lap around Sebring .......

Mach 1 HP
Street/Rain Tire Setup - 265F:285R/35 19 MPS4S
75-80degF

Impressions
Even with these tires, car was very predictable and performed nicely.
The DTC60F/30R pads, Steeda 2 piece front rotors, RBF660 fluid performed really good, nice bite.
The Schroth QuickFit Pro 4 point harnesses were a great addition.

Looking forward to running the CUP2 tires!
Be careful with the Cup 2s and paint stripes. As I discovered (the hard way) at Track Attack, the Cup 2s don't give much warning when you're too close to their limit. I like the fact the 4/Ss protest (squeals) when you get close.

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
Love Sebring, my fav track in the US.

OP
OP
Knockdown

Knockdown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Be careful with the Cup 2s and paint stripes. As I discovered (the hard way) at Track Attack, the Cup 2s don't give much warning when you're too close to their limit. I like the fact the 4/Ss protest (squeals) when you get close.
Thanks for the warning. That's why I mostly went with the PS4S setup since this was our first track day with the car, had to tune up the driver a bit.

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the warning. That's why I mostly went with the PS4S setup since this was our first track day with the car, had to tune up the driver a bit.
The only "warning" I had was a discussion with the instructors about the threshold difference between the 4S's and Cup2s (they described the Cup2s as a cliff compared to the 4S's as a slope) about two hours before I discovered when the Cup2s let go, they let go VERY quickly, and so found a wall with one of the Racing School GTs (thankfully not one of the Mach 1s!) coming out of turn 7 on the full Roval course. I am happy to report the restraint systems (4-point and HANS) work extremely well for a head-on collision with a jersey barrier! I'm not happy to report the car didn't come out of it as well as I did.

Sponsored

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
The only "warning" I had was a discussion with the instructors about the threshold difference between the 4S's and Cup2s (they described the Cup2s as a cliff compared to the 4S's as a slope) about two hours before I discovered when the Cup2s let go, they let go VERY quickly, and so found a wall with one of the Racing School GTs (thankfully not one of the Mach 1s!) coming out of turn 7 on the full Roval course. I am happy to report the restraint systems (4-point and HANS) work extremely well for a head-on collision with a jersey barrier! I'm not happy to report the car didn't come out of it as well as I did.
You made it through ok that’s all that matters. Do those gt’s run the same cup2’s as the Mach 1?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Nice vid. for added realism it needs a view of driver's hands sawing at the wheel, and a face shot overlay where we can see the whites of his eyes getting wider as the braking point (or walls) arrive. :)

Last edited:

trackd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
August
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP2 (SOLD), 73 240Z RB26DETT
Did the instructors say anything else about the Cup 2s, best hot pressures and temps? I’m planning to start 28 cold to 36 hot, wonder if that’s in the ballpark.

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
Love Sebring, my fav track in the US.
Have you driven Laguna Seca or Sears Point?
I just can’t believe that a track without some serious elevation changes can be considered the favorite

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
Have you driven Laguna Seca or Sears Point?
I just can’t believe that a track without serious elevation changes can be considered the favorite
Not to mention the only decent restaurant in the area (Don Jose's) isn't what it once was...

Reactions: luc

Sponsored

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Did the instructors say anything else about the Cup 2s, best hot pressures and temps? I’m planning to start 28 cold to 36 hot, wonder if that’s in the ballpark.
We never got around to that. The school's prep team sets the cars up so there was no issue for that. When I did HPDE with my 2015, I used tire marker to see how much the sidewalls were flexing and adjusted the pressure between sessions. If I recall, they were 38 to 40 hot, but those weren't Cup2s or 4S's.

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
You made it through ok that’s all that matters. Do those gt’s run the same cup2’s as the Mach 1?
The GTs had Cup2s if you paid the extra fee, or 4S without the fee.
Sponsored