Sebring Track Day, 10APR22, Mach 1 HP

Knockdown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Starting to get a better feel for the car, worked on a later apex on Turns 5, 7, 10, 13, 15 and 16, car seemed to like it, about a second quicker.

713840C4-7D3C-4D97-89B0-A0D3F552A504.png
Sponsored

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Tell us more, how did you like the A10 on the track? Is this a HP Mach 1 or non?
I thought the A10 was awesome when I had mine on the track last year!

OP
OP
Knockdown

Knockdown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
@ChitownStang
The 10R80 works great, there isnā€™t a single point in the lap where itā€™s in the wrong gear. My other track car is a 16 Cayman GTS with PDK, the A10 is close.

It is a HP and I installed Steedaā€™s dual rate springs, 2 piece rotors and DTC70f/60r pads. Cup2 tires are great on the track.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
@ChitownStang
The 10R80 works great, there isnā€™t a single point in the lap where itā€™s in the wrong gear. My other track car is a 16 Cayman GTS with PDK, the A10 is close.

It is a HP and I installed Steedaā€™s dual rate springs, 2 piece rotors and DTC70f/60r pads. Cup2 tires are great on the track.
Very nice! That's impressive that you're saying on par with the Porsche Auto.
Well have fun out there Greg! I hope to get mine on the track again this year too.

Scat2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
18 Dodge Charger scat pack
@ChitownStang

Howā€™s the dual rate springs

Sponsored

OP
OP
Knockdown

Knockdown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Howā€™s the dual rate springs
I did the first 2 track days without the Steeda dual rate springs and there was a bit to much movement in the car under braking and cornering.

Installed the dual rate springs and have done another two track days. Transitions are quicker and trail braking is more stable. Sebring is pretty bumpy in spots and Magneride pairs up well over those areas.

I drive to/from the track and I like the handling better on the road as well.

Scat2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
18 Dodge Charger scat pack
I did the first 2 track days without the Steeda dual rate springs and there was a bit to much movement in the car under braking and cornering.

Installed the dual rate springs and have done another two track days. Transitions are quicker and trail braking is more stable. Sebring is pretty bumpy in spots and Magneride pairs up well over those areas.

Do u have a handling pack car?

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'

I canā€™t remember if you answered this in another thread but did you measure how much drop those springs gave you?

OP
OP
Knockdown

Knockdown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I canā€™t remember if you answered this in another thread but did you measure how much drop those springs gave you?
Steeda states 0.5ā€ drop, hereā€™s a pic of the lower splitter in HP configuration, ie, cup2 tires, after the spring install. I can convert my car to a non-HP configuration easily by removing the lower splitter and swapping wheels with PS4S tires for longer road trips, but I havenā€™t had any issues driving to the track that is about 120 miles away.

These dual rate springs are really engineered well, the car just doesnā€™t feel as heavy anymore.

3BBA7D47-72B2-4618-853E-5FDE97F0979E.jpeg

Sponsored

MLO 351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
@ChitownStang

Did you run any laps using the paddle shifters and how was the transmission temp holding up?

OP
OP
Knockdown

Knockdown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Did you run any laps using the paddle shifters and how was the transmission temp holding up?
The only time I used the paddles was on the cool down lap to lower the rpm. Transmission (and engine & diff) were in the mid range but it hasnā€™t really got hot yet here.
Sponsored