Sponsored

Knockdown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I stayed with my 265F-285R/35-19 PS4S rain/street tire setup for this track day since the temps on the way over to the track were in the upper 20’s. The track surface was still pretty cold for our first session at 9:30 and the grip really never occurred but our second session at 11:00 had decent grip right from the start.

That fishtail coming out of the hairpin was late in the session and the LR tire pressure was up over 40psi, I got on the throttle a bit too early.

C47E7BAD-D29F-41DD-8F51-43F5C0D6220E.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis# M1869, Iconic Silver
Love it. What mode were you using and was your traction/stability control on or off?

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
Nice video! Glad you were able to save it as it doesn't look like there is a lot of runoff.

Sponsored

FlaGrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic PP GT
Nice laps.

FlatRock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N0404
Great laps and a fine recovery. Not as much language beep outs as I might have had after that hairpin. Thanks for sharing.

Stig'sBaldBrother

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 White/blue, track
I was there! It was definitely cold on both days.

It's interesting to compare the different driving lines and sounds from the automatic. You turn in quite a bit earlier than I do in my GT350 and listening to the auto shift in the middle of the corners is just so strange. You have super smooth lines though.

And nice save on the hairpin! Glad you didn't end up like the ZL1 on the first day. Wrecking the car just 5 corners into your track weekend royally sucks.

OP
OP
Knockdown

Knockdown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I was there! It was definitely cold on both days.

It's interesting to compare the different driving lines and sounds from the automatic. You turn in quite a bit earlier than I do in my GT350 and listening to the auto shift in the middle of the corners is just so strange. You have super smooth lines though.

And nice save on the hairpin! Glad you didn't end up like the ZL1 on the first day. Wrecking the car just 5 corners into your track weekend royally sucks.
I didn’t hear that specifically about the ZL1, that sucks. My turn in might be a holdover from the Cayman I drove for the last several years, I’ll have to try a later turn in next time. Got any videos?

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost, Rapid Red Premium
Man, great video and some good laps till the let go out of the hairpin, but nice save for sure.

I remember going the the 12 hours in the seventies when it was still the 5.2 miles full course with the back runway being used. Got the opportunity to take a lap around it in personnel car (79 cobra) and that back runway 1+ mile straight was rough as hell with the concrete sections being up to an inch difference in heights at some places.

It beat the prototypes apart in short order but was fun to be there for sure.

BD

Sponsored

Stig'sBaldBrother

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 White/blue, track
This is a video from my first track day with it. It was only about 33 days old at this point. :) It's just more a "point and shoot" line than a "momentum" line.

And I apologize in advance for the sound. You'll have to mute it instead of listening to the great exhaust sound.

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost, Rapid Red Premium
Love it.

BD

OP
OP
Knockdown

Knockdown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
This is a video from my first track day with it. It was only about 33 days old at this point. :) It's just more a "point and shoot" line than a "momentum" line.
Yes, I see what you mean on the line, Nice! I’m not sure I would’ve given a point by to that 911 after getting an outside point by on 17 though!😀

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Thank you so much for posting this. Really enjoyed it. :fistbump::handshake:
Sponsored