Sponsored

Millennial Theft Proofing my Mustang

ShadesOfBloo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Datsun wagon, '92 240SX, '08 Evo, '20 Mustang GT
Must be an american thing. So its an american anti theft device-look alike.
Also, i enjoys driving an Auto for comfort, but even my car dealer asked "Do you want to order an Auto or a real one"? :D
Yeah, I can't imagine it's much of an anti-theft device in most countries.
Sponsored

edco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007GT & 2017V6_ great Steeda & AM mods
I was pretty sure they made them in manual first. The shifter would work in an H-pattern, much like a floor shifter.
FY8ABNZILQTGBQZ.jpg

It might have an advantage over a floor shifter if the vehicle had a front bench seat (which was normal, into the '80s) and if you actually wanted people to sit 3 across in the front.

AutoWeek says the last 3-on-the-tree car you could buy in the USA was sold in 1987.
https://www.autoweek.com/car-life/c...-column-shift-manual-car-americans-could-buy/
Why talk about 3 on a tree, WW2 Russians, Costa Rica, or 1987? That is not where Mustang manual gear change trans are today. The MT82, the TR3650, TR 6061 etc. are worlds advanced and with custom drive train components the top of the hill IMO. See the picture below. Try it, you will like it.

Triax.png

Last edited:

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Why talk about 3 on a tree, WW2 Russians, Costa Rica, or 1987? That is not where Mustang manual gear change trans are today. The MT82, the TR3650, TR 6061 etc. are worlds advanced and with custom drive train components the top of the hill IMO.
Agreed. I'm one of the few who find the MT-82 D4 just fine. And the combination of stock shift linkage with Tri-Ax shift lever is perfect as far as I'm concerned.
But those steering column shifters are much more interesting and glamorous and worth talking about. What can you say about a floor shifter? It works. It does its job. Period. Whereas that old stuff... you can write books about it. :)

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Stang GT Premium, 22 F150 XLT Sport, 07 Tacoma
Agreed. I'm one of the few who find the MT-82 D4 just fine. And the combination of stock shift linkage with Tri-Ax shift lever is perfect as far as I'm concerned.
But those steering column shifters are much more interesting and glamorous and worth talking about. What can you say about a floor shifter? It works. It does its job. Period. Whereas that old stuff... you can write books about it. :)
same. love hte MT82. thing shifts even better in the ‘21 than in my old ‘14

Nardly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bernard
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 Twister Orange M2425 Chassis
I have effectively made my car theft proof as far as millennials are concerned. By changing the shift knob and bezel I have now made my auto a "faux-stick." Now at first glance my car will appear to be a stick shift and therefore undriveable by anyone under 35.

fakestick.jpg

shifter.jpg
Where did you get the shifter boot and bezel? I have found some for $80+ but they come with the chrome collar.

Sponsored

OP
OP
TheYankeeMarshal

TheYankeeMarshal

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Yankee
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Where did you get the shifter boot and bezel? I have found some for $80+ but they come with the chrome collar.
I ordered it from my local Ford dealer. It was $56. It did come with the collar ring but you just peel the leather off of it.

Last edited:

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Look up the installation instructions for Steeda's reverse lockout collar. They show you how to detach the original collar from the boot. It's not difficult at all, but you need to be careful not to damage the boot.

MagicMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike Hunt
Vehicle(s)
'16 V6 MT droptop / Race Red
I have effectively made my car theft proof as far as millennials are concerned. By changing the shift knob and bezel I have now made my auto a "faux-stick." Now at first glance my car will appear to be a stick shift and therefore undriveable by anyone under 35.

fakestick.jpg

shifter.jpg
Nice work 👍👍 You done boomer-proofed your ride as well. All boomskis want to drive are auto Camrys, Buicks, and Crown Vics.

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
Nice work 👍👍 You done boomer-proofed your ride as well. All boomskis want to drive are auto Camrys, Buicks, and Crown Vics.
hey.....watch your comments :crackup: not all boomers drive autos.....mine is a stick! 😀
Never owned a buick, cammy or crown vic!:crackup:

Sponsored

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
What's wrong with a Crown Vic? I'd love to have one. :inlove:
I had one 10 years ago. That was my first and only sedan. It was beautiful. Had to trade it in for a F-150 I needed at that time.. but man, I wished I still had it.

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase

MagicMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike Hunt
Vehicle(s)
'16 V6 MT droptop / Race Red
What's wrong with a Crown Vic? I'd love to have one. :inlove:
Oof! Crown Vics were dogggs!
The only exceptions were the cop spec - for the suspension and throttle response - and the glorious Marauder.

Otherwise...well, to each his own. One man's trash is another man's treasure.

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Stang GT Premium, 22 F150 XLT Sport, 07 Tacoma
actually saw a maurauder the other day driving and was like wow, i haven’t seen one of these on the road in like 15 years.