Reason For XS Oil Usage?

Reap

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harald
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mustang 2017 Mustang
lol how often do you take 6-7k mile road trips? adding oil is easy, and you probably wont burn nearly as much if you arent revving the car out often. You should change your oil every 3k too anyway
I regularly take 4500-5000 mile trips out West for sightseeing.
Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Tim had to use different seals on mine because I was having issues with them leaking
That's a bandaid fix. Whether they're umbrella or posi locks and leaking, there's too much stem to guide clearance.

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
lol how often do you take 6-7k mile road trips? adding oil is easy, and you probably wont burn nearly as much if you arent revving the car out often. You should change your oil every 3k too anyway
3k oil change ???
Seriously, do you own stock in a oil company or are you stuck in the fifties?????

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
3k oil change ???
Seriously, do you own stock in a oil company or are you stuck in the fifties?????
I run e85 and 770 horsepower to the tires and I rev to 8k about 10 times a day. If I didnt add oil every 1k miles or so, my car would have blown up long ago. 3k is alot of miles if you drive hard. My change oil light comes on before 3k

Sponsored

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
I run e85 and 770 horsepower to the tires and I rev to 8k about 10 times a day. If I didnt add oil every 1k miles or so, my car would have blown up long ago. 3k is alot of miles if you drive hard.
Your blanket statement to the poster was to change oil every 3k
For normal usage, that make no sense
Because my car is only a track car, the oil monitor usually come on at between 1000 to 1500 miles so obviously temperature and rpm’s are 2 of the main parameters

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your blanket statement to the poster was to change oil every 3k
For normal usage, that make no sense
Because my car is only a track car, the oil monitor usually come on at between 1000 to 1500 miles so obviously temperature and rpm’s are 2 of the main parameters
Change it when the light comes on I suppose would be better advice, my change oil light comes on before 3k. If he doesnt check his oil often it should be changed every 3k because its almost certainly low at that point.

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
I run e85 and 770 horsepower to the tires and I rev to 8k about 10 times a day. If I didnt add oil every 1k miles or so, my car would have blown up long ago. 3k is alot of miles if you drive hard. My change oil light comes on before 3k
That is true. The harder you drive the car, the sooner the oil life decreases. Look at your oil life monitor. It dermines remaining oil life not just on time and mileage, but how hard(high rpm's) you run the car.
My oil life was down to about 32%, after 4400 miles, and 6 months. I noticed the harder I drove, the faster the oil life diminished.

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
because I want to. Thats my peak hp
Shift your car where you want, but if there's more rpm left on the table, you should take advantage of it.

Even if the peak occurs lower, as long as the car doesn't fall on it's face, it still makes sense to shift after the peak, that way when the rpms drop in between shifts, you end up higher in the rpm range on upshift, which is more in the meat of the power band.

If you're doing it because you want to reduce wear/tear or risk of max rpm issues, fine, but shorting it based upon where the power peak is leaving money on the table.

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shift your car where you want, but if there's more rpm left on the table, you should take advantage of it.

Even if the peak occurs lower, as long as the car doesn't fall on it's face, it still makes sense to shift after the peak, that way when the rpms drop in between shifts, you end up higher in the rpm range on upshift, which is more in the meat of the power band.

If you're doing it because you want to reduce wear/tear or risk of max rpm issues, fine, but shorting it based upon where the power peak is leaving money on the table.
I am at the limit of my fuel system too at that RPM and its a stock motor, 8k is about as high as I want to go.

7rfQjtL.png

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
i did. not know the change oil light monitors the “oil life “
I thought it came on based on the interval you set
Sponsored