Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium Coupe, 2020 GT350 Heritage
Factory defect...could make it a rare collectible in the future. Like a Hot Wheels car with the wrong decals. 🤞
Sponsored

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium Coupe, 2020 GT350 Heritage
Its part of the charm! Haha. At least the mustang paint finish smoothness makes all brands except $400K cars plus look really bad.

The paint finish on every brand has orange peel so bad it's comical even on $180K Mercedes & BMW and clear is so thin can't wet sand and polish.

The best course of action on any new car is to wet sand, apply 3 coats of clear and wet sand with four stage cut polish for $6K or so for that $400K finish everyone loves.
Is this really a thing?

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
You need to remember ford USA do not have a QC function at all! Check out a Spanish built ford and your mind will be blown. All the doors fit properly, bolts are tightened correctly and the paint is perfect.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Definitley say something about it… you paid for a high level vehicle, why settle for less?

Sponsored

Joe B.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, the paint is smooth on mine. I see orange peel up the wazoo on MANY new luxury brands.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
You are buying a car that goes down the line with the 28k base E/B. Q/C is set at the standards of a under 30k car. plain and simple. Many forget that these gt500 are an engine and handling goodies parts bundle stuffed into a cheap affordable car.

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
You are buying a car that goes down the line with the 28k base E/B. Q/C is set at the standards of a under 30k car. plain and simple. Many forget that these gt500 are an engine and handling goodies parts bundle stuffed into a cheap affordable car.
hit the nail on the head there. A gt350 or gt500 is essentially a tuner car based on the cheapest thing they could find (don't get me wrong I would love either). So comparing a $120,000 gt500 with a $120,000 Porsche, the base price of the Porsche might be $90,000 vs the base mustang $30,000. Given that the Porsche contains no more raw material cost than the Ford, it gives them substantially more cash to lavish on quality. Its for this reason that my next car will be the base model of a higher price bracket rather than the top model of a ford line up.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
hit the nail on the head there. A gt350 or gt500 is essentially a tuner car based on the cheapest thing they could find (don't get me wrong I would love either). So comparing a $120,000 gt500 with a $120,000 Porsche, the base price of the Porsche might be $90,000 vs the base mustang $30,000. Given that the Porsche contains no more raw material cost than the Ford, it gives them substantially more cash to lavish on quality. Its for this reason that my next car will be the base model of a higher price bracket rather than the top model of a ford line up.
Most of these owners don't understand that Ford offered the 10,000.00 painted on stripes as a nod, to those that wanted a better paint outcome than a 26,996.00 e/b mustang got.
They never thought, wait what else is happening to the body/paint if ford is charging 9k more than most body shops will charge to put stripes on a new car.

Sponsored

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Most of these owners don't understand that Ford offered the 10,000.00 painted on stripes as a nod, to those that wanted a better paint outcome than a 26,996.00 e/b mustang got.
They never thought, wait what else is happening to the body/paint if ford is charging 9k more than most body shops will charge to put stripes on a new car.
My fear on that one is that yes it
Would be a better paint job, thicker paint, ceramic coated etc. But would the metal panels be different or would they be made on the same presses as the ones that oxidise after 4 yrs?

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Nah, more like this guy:

Stevie-Wonder.jpg