Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
The rear cam is every bit as important as front. It records when someone rear ends you, and it captures front license plates, e.g. in parking lots.
I've always run front cam only but I'll probably upgrade to a dual setup eventually. My only issue is that I have dark tint on my rear glass and with the sharp angle it makes it really hard for a camera to capture anything useful at night. On top of that, you can't use sticky mounts on top of window tint and I haven't thought of a non invasive way to mount it.
Sponsored

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I've always run front cam only but I'll probably upgrade to a dual setup eventually. My only issue is that I have dark tint on my rear glass and with the sharp angle it makes it really hard for a camera to capture anything useful at night. On top of that, you can't use sticky mounts on top of window tint and I haven't thought of a non invasive way to mount it.
There's some units with suction cup, or you could cut portion of the tint so the camera holder attaches directly to the window.

I can tell you honestly that at night, the footage from the back isn't good, you get one set of headlights and you're done. However, it's better than nothing and I'd rather have it than wish I did. :)

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
I'll stick with no-touch on the paint. Factory pop raises trunk enough to lift from underneath. Factory struts let you close with palm against inside.
You do realize the part under the camera ain't painted right? I never touch paint if I can avoid it. One finger at the bottom of the center rear trim piece and it shuts fine, kinda like a door.

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
Do you have a link to those? I need some at our pasture/barn by our house that I don't have power ran for yet, so for now a rechargeable one could work.

However, I could not disagree more on your statement of "you probably don't need to record everything on the road." That basically defeats the purpose of the camera, because sudden braking or G-sensor activation might be too late, that could be after the event you needed captured had already happened.
In that case why even bother with the camera? It's almost like hoping that you can have a passenger that will hit "record" on their phone at the right time.

Sorry, obviously I feel pretty strong about this, but I am a strong advocate for dash cams and the install really isn't hard. Even if you just go with a single camera, not dual.
I've been in the market for a dash cam. My rather silly reason for not is because I've had no real issues and I'm scared the moment I get one something bad will happen.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
You do realize the part under the camera ain't painted right? I never touch paint if I can avoid it. One finger at the bottom of the center rear trim piece and it shuts fine, kinda like a door.
I have no issue if someone likes visible fingerprints.

Sponsored

kiksbutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Do you have a link to those? I need some at our pasture/barn by our house that I don't have power ran for yet, so for now a rechargeable one could work.

However, I could not disagree more on your statement of "you probably don't need to record everything on the road." That basically defeats the purpose of the camera, because sudden braking or G-sensor activation might be too late, that could be after the event you needed captured had already happened.
In that case why even bother with the camera? It's almost like hoping that you can have a passenger that will hit "record" on their phone at the right time.

Sorry, obviously I feel pretty strong about this, but I am a strong advocate for dash cams and the install really isn't hard. Even if you just go with a single camera, not dual.
This is the one I have but you can research some other models. I get what you're saying, but the technology has evolved that it can track things really well, even when not having constant recording. Obviously it won't beat continuous recording but it can still give you some information rather than none. And like someone else said, I have tint too and routing wires can be a pain (done it for euro lights and taking things off and putting back on without creating new rattles can be a challenge)

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
I have no issue if someone likes visible fingerprints.
Um, it's not hard to shut without a fingerprint, but you've made up your mind using wild reasons, so I'm not gonna go on about it.

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0

DrZed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 M6
Real Hockey pucs work too and cheaper on Amazon

I should say that I have 'jack rails' , so the pucs you show do work well for Mustangs without rails added.
What a great idea!

Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I've been in the market for a dash cam. My rather silly reason for not is because I've had no real issues and I'm scared the moment I get one something bad will happen.
Until something does happen and then you wish you'd have them. Not to wish bad things or call for bad things, I'm just saying, from my perspective, I can have bad luck and no worse feeling about this than "I wish I put that in a day sooner."

Looked at those before, but looks like you need wifi which won't reach out to my barn, and I want to avoid subscription. Thanks tho!

rhexis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Audi S4, 2020 Mustang GT
What @Bit_the_Bullitt said - every single word.

We have A129 duo in both our cars and they rule. Perfect amount of features and very reliable.

We run 256gb cards and keep a spare in the glove box.
imo a 4k dash cam is overkill. for less than a 100 bucks you can get the A119 version 3 that does 2K at 60fps which gives you super sharp super smooth video.

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
imo a 4k dash cam is overkill. for less than a 100 bucks you can get the A119 version 3 that does 2K at 60fps which gives you super sharp super smooth video.
There's a good quality picture comparison on the Amazon site from one of the reviewers (although I bought it from the US seller, not Amazon), worth a look for better resolution and they compared it side-by-side to the non-4K alternative. There seems to be the $20 coupon directly on Amazon which is nice.

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
My track knob from 5x Racing came in
7D99176D-C55F-46D9-B74F-15C9FBEFB9D2.jpeg

A40F7B6F-8EBC-4AED-AE0F-C50BC59231DB.jpeg
Sponsored