Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I just got back from a trip from NY to GA and back. About 1,000 miles each way. The GT500 was a joy to drive and I absolutely hauled the mail (Waze app FTW!). The GT500 does like to burn gas at a rapid rate but that worked well as I was able to stretch each time, take a leak, and grab something to drink. I saw one charging station on the entire trip. It was at the same location as the gas station I stopped at. As I pumped fuel in I saw the Tesla owner and his wife sitting on a guardrail, arms folded, as their car charged. Once fueled up I was back on the road and in the groove while they got to sit and wait......f*** that.
Sponsored

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium w/ Performance Pack
Yeah a 1000hp GT500 won't do 20 minutes either. Out of gas, maybe overheating.
You’re greatly overestimating the amount of fuel required, even if it’s running E85. We’re not talking about carburetors anymore, children.

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Electric is going to win the power wars very soon. It is what it is…

Some of you older members will remember the AFX HO slot cars…? Made you dizzy to watch how fast they went. Lol…

Sponsored

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F56, R55
Now let's see the Tesla run a 20 minute session at VIR...
Probably would do fine, now.

The early ones were pretty bad, but the Model S has made a couple big jumps in thermal durability over the last couple years, especially the Plaid. They've done well at Laguna Seca and the Nurburgring.

The Model 3 Performance is pretty durable, as well, and they're being tracked quite a bit, now.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
The Tesla may be fast but have you seen the build quality of those things? It’s shocking! Terrible paint, bad panel gaps, dreadful interior quality…

…..,

then you see the build quality of the mustang and realise that a Tesla is positively excellent in comparison to the shite ford churn out.

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
The Tesla may be fast but have you seen the build quality of those things? It’s shocking! Terrible paint, bad panel gaps, dreadful interior quality…

…..,

then you see the build quality of the mustang and realise that a Tesla is positively excellent in comparison to the shite ford churn out.
You should read the Car and Drivers Best EV of the Year. They evaluated 11 EVs to include 3 Tesla’s. The Ford Mach E won and the Tesla’s finished last (mostly due to their poor quality).

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F56, R55
You should read the Car and Drivers Best EV of the Year. They evaluated 11 EVs to include 3 Tesla’s. The Ford Mach E won and the Tesla’s finished last (mostly due to their poor quality).
Where did you find what "place" the others came in? I can't find that anywhere.

The three Teslas came in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd in the 1000-mile test, though. The closest competitor, the Mach E, was over 2 hours slower than the slowest Tesla.

To be clear, I think the Mach E is fine for normal trips of more like 500 miles in a day and where it's not a race, but Teslas do still have some substantial advantages (and disadvantages, obviously), which is why I'm wondering if there's an overall point chart somewhere that I didn't see.

Sponsored

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F56, R55

…..,

FWIW, my Tesla's paint was WAY worse than my New Edge's paint as far as the application... but yeah, when I see people complaining about Tesla's fit and finish, sometimes I look at what they drive and question the value of their opinion on the topic (cough... Dodge owners... cough).

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
Both the Mustang and a Tesla are machines. Neither has a soul, that's a projection or personification.

I've been in a Tesla being driven hard in a motorsports event. It was a thrilling experience. Its a different car but its not missing some 'core' essence. If you can ride shotgun in one and not crack a smile, you're the one missing a soul. If you find the auditory experience lacking, play the radio.
No thanks, not even a sliver of a chance I would ever want to own one. To many limitations for me. Great for the guys who do like them.

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
Where did you find what "place" the others came in? I can't find that anywhere.

The three Teslas came in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd in the 1000-mile test, though. The closest competitor, the Mach E, was over 2 hours slower than the slowest Tesla.

To be clear, I think the Mach E is fine for normal trips of more like 500 miles in a day and where it's not a race, but Teslas do still have some substantial advantages (and disadvantages, obviously), which is why I'm wondering if there's an overall point chart somewhere that I didn't see.
Guess they didn’t rank the losers:
https://www.caranddriver.com/features/a36877370/2021-car-and-driver-ev-of-the-year-contenders/
But they did bad mouth the Tesla’s due to quality. One even broke down during the evaluation.

Last edited:

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F56, R55
Guess they didn’t ranks the losers:
https://www.caranddriver.com/features/a36877370/2021-car-and-driver-ev-of-the-year-contenders/
But they did bad mouth the Tesla’s due to quality. One even broke down during the evaluation.
Gotcha. Tesla definitely isn't perfect. Fit/Finish and quality control isn't great, but they're just so much better than some other EVs in capability that it would surprise me for them to be ranked behind something like a Leaf, for instance.

In the 1000 mile test, the slowest Tesla took 18 hours. The Leaf took 33 hours. It's just not on the same planet as far as capability.

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
So much butthurt over EVs. Lol
Sponsored