Stock and modified 2020 gt500s vs Tesla Plaid

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Agree, complete corrupt gov't will EVENTUALLY get what they want. But not anytime soon......

I'm especially giddy to see this attempt at the destruction of the Mustang lineage, fail miserably.

Ford Slashes Price of Electric Mustang Mach-E After Sales Plunge - Bloomberg
Don’t be too giddy. Farley himself has stated that one of the main reasons Ford can continue to offer a V8 for Gen 7 (and beyond) is because of the Mach E and the impact it has on the fleet to meet the CAFE requirements. So long as the CAFE requirements remain, you want the Mach E to hang around if you want V8’s to remain in the real Mustangs beyond S650.

Whether the Mustang nameplate should’ve been used is an entirely different debate but they chose to use it, for better or worse.
Sponsored

oregongt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE, 1967GT Fastback S code,
My guess is V8's and performance vehicle's in general will be around, but in a limited sense, and us regular guys won't be able to afford them.

What I'm trying to say is there is always a loophole of some sort ie: farmers need gas vehicles, heavy equip etc....... But it will become harder and harder for us to get what we want.

I'm not a futurist, but as technology improves like it always does, hydrocarbon based energy sources will be obsolete. Thank GOD, I'll be long gone.

OX1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Capri 5.0 Turbo, 17 Fusion Sport, 21 GT500 CFTP
Don’t be too giddy. Farley himself has stated that one of the main reasons Ford can continue to offer a V8 for Gen 7 (and beyond) is because of the Mach E and the impact it has on the fleet to meet the CAFE requirements. So long as the CAFE requirements remain, you want the Mach E to hang around if you want V8’s to remain in the real Mustangs beyond S650.

Whether the Mustang nameplate should’ve been used is an entirely different debate but they chose to use it, for better or worse.
BS. In 23, GM and Stellantis paid 363 million in CAFE fines, vs 30 billion in profits. 30K, V-8 RealStangs won't make a dent, one way or the other in CAFE (especially with about the smallest V8 you can make).

And if they had to Ford could just add yet another couple grand price increase for CAFE (what would be different than now and who would notice). It's not like ford is trying to hold down prices in ANY way (they won't even give you price protection anymore, while your vehicle is being built) .

So yeah, hope Mach-ewe dies a horrible death. V-8 will be fine.
Sponsored