Sponsored

The 2020 GT500 could get blown..... to at least 1,000 HP

wproctor411

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT
It’s a matter of final price. I have a base 2019 911 and it isn’t perfect, honestly it’s not that good at all for the price but the real monster is inflation of currency devaluations so what a manufacturer plans today will be altered in a few years since people can only pay so much and banks will only loan so much. I was able to more than see a 20’ GT500 CFTP car a few weeks back that was prepped for Vegas media day, it had painted stripes and I think that $10K adder included cutting the clearcoat to a nice polish, or they did it for the ride n drive events, but for painted stripes they would have to polish blend or melt the clearcoat to a polish. I could be wrong it’s been 8 years since I bought a new ford so maybe orange peel isn’t an issue. What I’m saying is your getting a little more than just painted stripes with that option. The custom shop might be aligning those panels and adjusting the hood/trunk bushings too. Can’t confirm other than what I’ve seen in person. Obviously the media day cars are on top of the game but the aero on some is looking kind of limp. Ill always be a Ford fan but not driving any at the moment. Built a custom house and bought s litely used 911. It’s fun.

Ford would be better off working on lining body panels up properly first. I just finished watching the new GT500 video with Jay Leno driving around with that Ford rep. At 23:04 in that video I see what I have on my GT, and what Ford die hard's have been complaining about for years and years now....body panels not lining up on the front fascia/hood area...come on man, really? even this car? I'd be pissed if my long awaited order came to me with the typical out of alignment body panels that Ford has become notorious for.
Sponsored

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Its already setup for it, if the OPG are actually strong as they claim, add boost and octane.. done deal

5.2 9.5:1 cr 2650 blower

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Not a super snake or any other Shelby tuner.
This will be the KR taken to its logical conclusion - where venom definitely DOES kill Demons. And this is most likely what Owens what’s referring to when he demonstrated mental flatulence back in the day with that quote.

it will be a ford performance vehicle (with all the benefits of a thorough Ford factory design and testing) with Shelby doing the honors of installing certain components on behalf of Ford.

Dang. The Mustang is in some crazy territory now. It’s like a supercar instead of a pony car.

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
I would consider it but I’m sure the price will be crazy.

Just think,
2020 GT500 Carbon Fiber Track Pack car with......
Shelby KR package 1000hp
Wide body package

It would be a $200,000 car.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
So, why didn't they go to 1,000HP or even 850HP?
Why stop at 760HP? Does Jim say anything about that? That car would definitely be running low 10's all day, easily.
Weird,...............:inspect:

Sponsored

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Not a super snake or any other Shelby tuner.
This will be the KR taken to its logical conclusion - where venom definitely DOES kill Demons. And this is most likely what Owens what’s referring to when he demonstrated mental flatulence back in the day with that quote.

it will be a ford performance vehicle (with all the benefits of a thorough Ford factory design and testing) with Shelby doing the honors of installing certain components on behalf of Ford.

Dang. The Mustang is in some crazy territory now. It’s like a supercar instead of a pony car.

Pretty sure what Owens said about venom killing demons was a mistake, actually positive of it.

During the tracktours history and tech seminar, he said " ... or anything else i decide to make up on the spot, that almost gets me fired"

I was the only one that laughed, as i assume im the only one that understood the reference

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
Why stop at 760HP? Does Jim say anything about that? That car would definitely be running low 10's all day, easily.
I believe the DCT is the limiting factor because of warranty concerns.

Falc'man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Falcon
ALL the people that came to the launch did not get within 50% of the car's potential on the road course, and it would probably take them a few weeks straight to get within 70% of Billy's times. Big numbers are mostly useful on the forums.

RapidResponder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 CFTP, 2022 Shelby SSS, 2023 Raptor R

Just think,
Shelby KR package 1000hp
Wide body package

It would be a $200,000 car
I have actually had the conversation with Shelby and was only told they intended on doing a GT500 package. No details until after until they tear into their GT500s, design, build and test. Estimating about $70,000 with wide-body, bringing the total of a CFTP to just under $200,000 after tax.

Wide-body can take up to a year to produce. Considering a wider stance requiring new wheels, it probably would be more efficient to start with a base model.

OP
OP
roygriffin2020

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated

Sponsored

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
The motor and blower is up to snuff, the real question is how is the trans going to handle this power?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra

Just think,
Shelby KR package 1000hp
Wide body package

It would be a $200,000 car.
I think it would start at 110k or so.

with the capabilities of this car... dialing it up to 1,000 plus!... and buttoning it down again to take that power... it’s scary to imagine the cars a “mere” Mustang not only threatens, but beats.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Pretty sure what Owens said about venom killing demons was a mistake, actually positive of it.

During the tracktours history and tech seminar, he said " ... or anything else i decide to make up on the spot, that almost gets me fired"

I was the only one that laughed, as i assume im the only one that understood the reference
mite easy to think that and it might be the case. However, I think he simply couldn’t contain himself knowing what the goals are for this car.
That’s not something that just slips when you know what you’re building.
Sponsored