Jobodizo

Jobodizo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hi guys
Are these cars known to sometimes struggle starting in freezing cold days? 2017 S550 with Eforce 2300 blower and open CAI.
It’s our 1st day of Winter here. Outside temp on sync touch screen showed 5* C/41* F and car would struggle to start but eventually did after few cranks/seconds on crank (fast cranks not slow like a dead battery) car is pump gas not e85.
What’s weird is first time it didn’t start the dash IAT showed like -54*C/-65*F but once it eventually started my dash IAT and Oil temp showed as just “-“
This sounds just like my issue with the plastic IAT sensor and the curve they were using. They never could figure out why it was doing that, and only would when it was below like 45*F. The updated calibration with the brass sensor fixed it for me, but I eventually went with an aftermarket tune since my car was past their drivetrain warranty period. No idea WHY they're still shipping with that old sensor.
Sponsored

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
Well for one thing Nick from Edelbrock used to monitor and be part of this forum and he is no longer with Edelbrock . No one has replaced what he did to patch us for members through with our necessary folks at Edelbrock to help us . And with the closing of their California headquarters with the move back east there is very little support it seems . I recently tried to get through the folks on the phone to no use and give up .

Memz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Memz
Vehicle(s)
2017 S550
This sounds just like my issue with the plastic IAT sensor and the curve they were using. They never could figure out why it was doing that, and only would when it was below like 45*F. The updated calibration with the brass sensor fixed it for me, but I eventually went with an aftermarket tune since my car was past their drivetrain warranty period. No idea WHY they're still shipping with that old sensor.
Mine has had an aftermarket tune from day one since it was a second hand kit with no canned tune.
It sounds like it’s the plastic sensor itself and not the tune. Edelbrock yet to get back but VMP said they have a brass IAT and harness kit which should work providing I get tune amended to work with new sensor.
Do you guys know if logically it requires and entirely new tune or minor adjustment? (Would it be same scenario as if I were to get headers etc and it needs a revised tune or does brass IAT mean completely new tune again?)

OP
OP
Jobodizo

Jobodizo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT
Vehicle Showcase
Mine has had an aftermarket tune from day one since it was a second hand kit with no canned tune.
It sounds like it’s the plastic sensor itself and not the tune. Edelbrock yet to get back but VMP said they have a brass IAT and harness kit which should work providing I get tune amended to work with new sensor.
Do you guys know if logically it requires and entirely new tune or minor adjustment? (Would it be same scenario as if I were to get headers etc and it needs a revised tune or does brass IAT mean completely new tune again?)
It's just the RT curve for the thermistor in the sensor. Should be a quick fix, and everybody uses the same sensor so the data table is everywhere.

Memz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Memz
Vehicle(s)
2017 S550
It's just the RT curve for the thermistor in the sensor. Should be a quick fix, and everybody uses the same sensor so the data table is everywhere.
Thanks for that, just wanting to know what’s involved before my tuner tries to charge me $400 USD for a tune revision if it’s a quick fix.
What’s RT stand for btw?

Sponsored

carguy231

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Well for one thing Nick from Edelbrock used to monitor and be part of this forum and he is no longer with Edelbrock . No one has replaced what he did to patch us for members through with our necessary folks at Edelbrock to help us . And with the closing of their California headquarters with the move back east there is very little support it seems . I recently tried to get through the folks on the phone to no use and give up .
The trick with calling them is to get to the thing that does the 'call-back-without-losing-your-place'
For superchargers and "Calibration it is 800.416.8628, 2, 4, 3, 0. You have to wait for each prompt and that last 'zero' takes a few minutes. Someone will call you back, so make sure you have all your info handy. They track your call by your phone number.

OP
OP
Jobodizo

Jobodizo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for that, just wanting to know what’s involved before my tuner tries to charge me $400 USD for a tune revision if it’s a quick fix.
What’s RT stand for btw?
Resistance vs Temperature

carguy231

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Replacement 103mm throttlebody goes on this morning. Wish me luck and keep your fingers crossed...

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Replacement 103mm throttlebody goes on this morning. Wish me luck and keep your fingers crossed...
SHould solve the issue, just be sure to reload the tune.

brianbr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic GT PP
The trick with calling them is to get to the thing that does the 'call-back-without-losing-your-place'
For superchargers and "Calibration it is 800.416.8628, 2, 4, 3, 0. You have to wait for each prompt and that last 'zero' takes a few minutes. Someone will call you back, so make sure you have all your info handy. They track your call by your phone number.
That's the only way I've been able to talk to someone. I did get the info for the new person in charge of the warranty division. May 27th was the last time he emailed me saying he would have to look into it. The first week of June he was out of the office. Monday the 7th I asked for an update, now, radio silence. It seems the warranty and support we thought we were getting with this kit no longer exists.

Sponsored

carguy231

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
SHould solve the issue, just be sure to reload the tune.
Seems to have done the trick. Idle is a million times better... I'll know more tomorrow morning when I start it...

carguy231

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
That's the only way I've been able to talk to someone. I did get the info for the new person in charge of the warranty division. May 27th was the last time he emailed me saying he would have to look into it. The first week of June he was out of the office. Monday the 7th I asked for an update, now, radio silence. It seems the warranty and support we thought we were getting with this kit no longer exists.
I received my new throttlebody under warranty, at no cost yesterday, and installed it this morning. Was on the phone with them for at least an hour to reset the tune [process of hooking up the stock TB, flashing, etc.]. I'm pretty happy with them right now.

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I received my new throttlebody under warranty, at no cost yesterday, and installed it this morning. Was on the phone with them for at least an hour to reset the tune [process of hooking up the stock TB, flashing, etc.]. I'm pretty happy with them right now.
COol- so glad to hear. The new TB resolved my warm re start stalling issue, too.

carguy231

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
COol- so glad to hear. The new TB resolved my warm re start stalling issue, too.
Now I'm little irritated. The problem of nearly stalling on cold start has NOT gone away, and I even had a unexpected surge under very mild acceleration from around 2200 to over 3300 - which was a bit unsettling. And the idle at lights is erratic again. Jeez.

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Now I'm little irritated. The problem of nearly stalling on cold start has NOT gone away, and I even had a unexpected surge under very mild acceleration from around 2200 to over 3300 - which was a bit unsettling. And the idle at lights is erratic again. Jeez.
I will assume that your car is 100% stock with an Edelbrock supercharger with the stock Edelbrock tune? If so something else is going on I’m not sure if it’s a vacuum leak?
Sponsored