Mach-E out producing ICE Mustangs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spartan1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Eruption Green GT 400A
Thought these were some interesting data points, I think they are sharp cars. Not as nice as mine, but decent looking for sure.

Ford has built 27,816 electric Mustang Mach-E models at a plant in Mexico this year compared with 26,089 copies of the traditional internal combustion engine Mustang at a factory in Michigan, according to production data the automaker released Thursday.

In the U.S., where EV adoption is slower, the gas Mustang still outsells the electric version by nearly 3-to-1.
Sponsored

MustangorCamaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
It's funny, people mentally masterbate with each other when the Mustang outsells the Camaro or Challenger. But even when they do, their numbers are still crap and can't outsell the Fusion. This car is dying quickly. If Ford hadn't put so much money in the S650 they could have ended ICE Mustang production and just swapped the Mustang name to the Mach E. I called for that months ago.

But the S650 will run its course however long that is. You can bet your sweet bippy once the Mach E starts outselling the ICE Mustang in the US, the end will arrive more quickly than anyone imagined. Could be 5 years or less.

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
I really think people are looking at this all wrong. If the Mach E sells well then that potentially means less bumpkins in the ICE Mustang. That means I won't see a dozen on my way home from work or a thousand mustang crash videos.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Flat rock shut down might have something to do with it.

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
It's funny, people mentally masterbate with each other when the Mustang outsells the Camaro or Challenger. But even when they do, their numbers are still crap and can't outsell the Fusion. This car is dying quickly. If Ford hadn't put so much money in the S650 they could have ended ICE Mustang production and just swapped the Mustang name to the Mach E. I called for that months ago.

But the S650 will run its course however long that is. You can bet your sweet bippy once the Mach E starts outselling the ICE Mustang in the US, the end will arrive more quickly than anyone imagined. Could be 5 years or less.
EV isn't going to take off in this country, for several reasons, the most obvious being that our electric grid is nowhere near capable of handling mass adoption. In "5 years or less" EV will be no closer to eliminating ICE vehicles than it is today.

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I just looked at my dealership page, they dont even have real mustangs for sale, only "mach e"s as new. When I went in there a month or two ago, they had like 10 mach e's and I asked about them how they are selling, he said every one that came off the truck was already sold.

they are really flying off the shelves for my dealer, record sales, every single month for last year and half.

now they only have "mach e's" on search, but I think that means there's no new inventory of them or it would be there, or they dropped regular mustangs which isn't possible. there's like 10 used mustangs for sale, ridiculous prices.

https://www.btford.com/searchnew.aspx?q=mustang

Screen Shot 2021-06-03 at 8.49.38 PM.png

newman0072

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vhjh
Let's also not forget that to everyone not a mustang enthusiast the mach-e is just a full electric SUV. Of course it's going to sell more than a 2dr sports car. Cars (sedans, coupes, convertibles, etc...) Are very much a shrinking market compared to SUVs and trucks. They get near the same mileage and have more space and more utility.

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
Looks like I'll be changing jobs soon, and there goes my company truck. I could dd the stang, but don't really want to. Definitely going to at least look at the E. Probably going to end up with a either a Ranger or a Silverado. Just can't do another F-150. Too many ties to the old job.

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
They took orders for the Mache for a year before they began delivering them. Once that early adopter market is filled and they have to move them off lots we'll get a better view on what the actual demand looks like.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
The Mach-E isn't being bought by old-school Mustang enthusiasts. It's being bought by people that want, but aren't going to pay for, a Tesla. The name on the badge means nothing.

If you want to compare sales, it should be to the Tesla X/Y vehicles. The cheaper Model Y Teslas start at a minimum $20K more than a Mach E. The baller Model X starts at around $84,000.00

Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Imagine if every business and home had solar panels... that would put energy back into the grid. Albeit, an expensive way to do things since panels are still expensive. Still would need more plants and substations though. No way around that.

It seems many on here only care if the Mustang has a V8. Don't get me wrong, I love to drive my GT, but the next logical step of the evolution of the Mustang is electrification. Like it or hate it, you don't have to embrace it, but it's coming regardless. The writing is on the wall. No more global Mustang sales soon, GM is going hybrid then all electric. Ford will follow suit.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
.....electrification. Like it or hate it, you don't have to embrace it, but it's coming regardless. The writing is on the wall. No more global Mustang sales soon, GM is going hybrid then all electric. Ford will follow suit.
This is pure fantasy.

And FWIW, there are some seriously interesting new technologies coming with ICE's that should be game-changers.

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
EV isn't going to take off in this country, for several reasons, the most obvious being that our electric grid is nowhere near capable of handling mass adoption. In "5 years or less" EV will be no closer to eliminating ICE vehicles than it is today.
how about the distances you guys often travel on a daily or even weekly basis? Does that range and recharge time count massively against the practical. Not like you can carry an extra battery or batteries to top up between stops. Places like Australia with hundreds of miles between fuel stops must kill the EV revolution before it's started?

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
Just another reason I am keeping this one, and buying an S650 in 4-5 years and those will be my vehicles till I ain't breathing anymore.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
This is pure fantasy.

And FWIW, there are some seriously interesting new technologies coming with ICE's that should be game-changers.
Do you know the real reason people don't buy Mustangs? Because more often than not the Mustang owner is a complete douchebag. People don't want to be associated with douchebags... Constant revving with a loud exhaust or weaving in and out of traffic driving recklessly. Gives the Mustang name a bad reputation.

Electrification gets rid of one of those problems at least. The toolbags that come wailing through a neighborhood with their straight piped Mustang at all hours of the night while I'm trying to sleep. But the same reason why I hate the car is why I love the car. When someone civilized is driving a Mustang, I love listening to the exhaust note. Double edged sword eh?

To respond to your second statement, nothing done to an ICE vehicle will make them anywhere near as efficient as an electric motor. It's just how it is.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.