Sponsored

Tire width for a 19x9.5 inch rim

beetle6986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 04 Cobra, 2008 BMW 335
The 305 is definitely in the future when there is more money and more
Inportantly time to go to the track, thats because i believe its stupid to have 305 just for the streets and not use them for the ttrack it more likr a poser thing in my opinion.
I think 305s will have a huge benefit on the streets. I have a new set of tires 265 in the front and 275 in the rear on 20 inch wheels. I can't consistently put the power down in anything less than 3rd gear. 3rd gear is sometimes questionable also. Hopefully the 305s help with a bit more rubber on the road.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Caballito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Base
I think 305s will have a huge benefit on the streets. I have a new set of tires 265 in the front and 275 in the rear on 20 inch wheels. I can't consistently put the power down in anything less than 3rd gear. 3rd gear is sometimes questionable also. Hopefully the 305s help with a bit more rubber on the road.
Well, the thing is as far as i know once u have the 305 u need extended studs and spacerw which is fine BUT the problem comes when accordinf to what i have been told u need at least 2.5 of negative
Camber so your tire would be chewed up quick thats why i believe
Its probably not the best idea for the street specially a daily driver u less u just have money to blow, i wouls use those for the track.

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer, 2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
Your problem is tire compound, not tire width. Just get stickier tires

ShadesOfBloo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Datsun wagon, '92 240SX, '08 Evo, '20 Mustang GT
Well, the thing is as far as i know once u have the 305 u need extended studs and spacerw which is fine
BUT the problem comes when accordinf to what i have been told u need at least 2.5 of negative
Camber so your tire would be chewed up quick thats why i believe
Its probably not the best idea for the street specially a daily driver u less u just have money to blow, i wouls use those for the track.
Perhaps you should rethink all that.

Remember, Ford sold Mustang GTs with 305mm tires. That's what came on GT Performance Package Level 2.
I'm pretty sure the Mach 1 with the Handling Package also comes with 305s on the front,
and the manual for that car says to set the front camber at -1.2 degrees for street driving.
(The rear camber spec is -1.5* no matter what you're doing.)
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...nual-gives-specs-for-tracking-the-car.155517/

Spacers and extended studs are for when you buy a wheel with the wrong offset. In other words, a wheel that wasn't made for your car.

I just re-checked at the Vorshlag Motorsports web site and where they describe the 19x11 wheels they're selling, they say you need new lug nuts because "The factory lug nuts and factory size 13/16" socket will not fit within the wheel's lug nut opening." No spacers or studs. (And if I've just ordered a $2200 set of wheels, the cost of lug nuts would seem trivial.)

They have a disclaimer about possibly rolling your fenders, depending on tire size and whether your car has had a silly amount of lowering.

rxryanm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTP PP1
Remember, Ford sold Mustang GTs with 305mm tires. That's what came on GT Performance Package Level 2.

Spacers and extended studs are for when you buy a wheel with the wrong offset. In other words, a wheel that wasn't made for your car.
Didn't those PP2 wheels also poke like a sonofagun?

And if you buy wheels with the "right" offsets, you're stuck with either only swapping wheels over the same axle or taking on the cost of dismounting/mounting/balancing to rotate tires. OR you can buy offset that fits the rear and use slip-on spacers and extended studs to actually rotate your tires.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm pretty sure the Mach 1 with the Handling Package also comes with 305s on the front,
and the manual for that car says to set the front camber at -1.2 degrees for street driving.
and at a pitiful 1.2 you have poke. That's why the M1 got the Corvette GS fender lips added.
You need at least 2 if not more to get the wheel/tire back inside the fender.

I drive all the time with 2.5 and it's just fine. "Burning thru" tires is the POINT of owning a Mustang. Otherwise buy a Kia. Or Accord.

OP
OP

Caballito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Base
Perhaps you should rethink all that.

(The rear camber spec is -1.5* no matter what you're doing.)
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...nual-gives-specs-for-tracking-the-car.155517/

I just re-checked at the Vorshlag Motorsports web site and where they describe the 19x11 wheels they're selling, they say you need new lug nuts because "The factory lug nuts and factory size 13/16" socket will not fit within the wheel's lug nut opening." No spacers or studs. (And if I've just ordered a $2200 set of wheels, the cost of lug nuts would seem trivial.)

They have a disclaimer about possibly rolling your fenders, depending on tire size and whether your car has had a silly amount of lowering.
Maybe someone here that knows more about this subject can attest to what you wrote cuz i never heard anything like it.

ShadesOfBloo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Datsun wagon, '92 240SX, '08 Evo, '20 Mustang GT
Didn't those PP2 wheels also poke like a sonofagun?
Yes, and I remember someone asking "Why? Why do these wheels poke out in one direction and leave so much space on the other side?"

And if you buy wheels with the "right" offsets, you're stuck with either only swapping wheels over the same axle... OR you can buy offset that fits the rear and use slip-on spacers and extended studs to actually rotate your tires.
True. And to buy wheels that can use the same offset, front and rear, I think you're limited to a 10" rim width. ...Which I would actually consider.
But I can't remember where I read that and I don't know who sells wheels like that for the S550.

When I look at Steeda, American Muscle, etc, they'll gladly sell me a 10"-wide wheel, but then it says "rear only". 😕

EDIT: LMR sells SVE wheel sets for the S550 that have 19x10" front wheels.
APEX Race Parts sells some wheels in 19x10" with an ET40 offset and I'm pretty sure those will fit an S550 at all 4 corners.
I think Forgestar might sell some 19x10s with the right offset.
None of them sell 19x10.5 that I know of.

Last edited:

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
For HPDE/Autocross people run >2.5 camber because of roll-over under extreme cornering. And for maximum agility and responsiveness. It has NOTHING to do with 305 or 275.

On the street, if you run 10.5" rims or wider with tires to match, the extra camber is to get the tire tucked. It's not done for "performance" reasons as such since street driving under any sane definition of the term won't be requiring the camber setup.

OP
OP

Caballito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Base
Yes, and I remember someone asking "Why? Why do these wheels poke out in one direction and leave so much space on the other side?"

True. And to buy wheels that can use the same offset, front and rear, I think you're limited to a 10" rim width. ...Which I would actually consider.
But I can't remember where I read that and I don't know who sells wheels like that for the S550.

When I look at Steeda, American Muscle, etc, they'll gladly sell me a 10"-wide wheel, but then it says "rear only". 😕
Oh thats the problem then, u must not track your car most ppl
That do have to gonthe extended studs and spacers because they want to be able to ratote the tires. There is owners that track and owners the pose to each their own but two completely different needs my friend.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Caballito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Base
For someone who clearly is stuck at the 'rank novice/naive' end of the scale, you sure could use some self-awareness.

For HPDE/Autocross people run >2.5 camber because of roll-over under extreme cornering. And for maximum agility and responsiveness. It has NOTHING to do with 305 or 275.

On the street, if you run 10.5" rims or wider with tires to match, the extra camber is to get the tire tucked. It's not done for "performance" reasons as such since street driving under any sane definition won't be requiring the camber setup.
You missed the point completely lol what a looser…

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
And to buy wheels that can use the same offset, front and rear, I think you're limited to a 10" rim width.
the go-to is 19x10 et35 or et40. LMR/SVE sells them all day long as do a lot of other places.

For 19x10.5 ET35 , Ray's gramlights, VMR V710FF/V810, Enkei 460-8105-6638/490-8105-6525/490-910-6540/490-810-6538(maybe)
Mustang: 4mm to front strut, 285/35 max

19x10.5 ET40 MRR GF6/7, Konig UF09514406 and others
needs a 5mm spacer at the front. Some poke

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer, 2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase

You can absolutely run 19x11 front and rear. 19x11 +50 with a 25mm spacer on the front. Fits perfectly. This is what I use for the track and pretty much every S550 driver I've met in the competitive scene.

Apex wheels sells these. LMR sells these. American Muscle is garbage trash.