Tire width for a 19x9.5 inch rim

OP
OP

Caballito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Base
275/35 will be fine on a 9.5" wheel. That's a typical tire width for a 9.5" wheel. The RS4 doesn't exist in 265 for a 19" anyway.
Thank you sir! Thats what i wantes to hear and i know u track it alao the rs4 is the tire i was looking at
Sponsored

OP
OP

Caballito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Base
nope, shame though. im full steeda suspension, it would probably handle great. im too afraid to hitting a cone to do it. my friend did it and I was passenger and it was a hoot! he grazed a traffic cone and it marred his paint, I lost the interest after that. it scuffed his car up a bit.

I think if I did track, id want a spare car, just for the track. I dont wanna hurt my baby. 265 imo will be too small for 19x9.5 275 should offer SOME rim protection or be damn flush, in my case, 265 and 275, was just as stretched as the 255, it was still pulled inward.

the 285 gave it a nice round appearance. ymmv on wheels, go to discount tire, they will test fit wheels for ya. I went through several on the spot! they was great
Nice! You should give it a ty at the teack though its fun, but i get what u mean about having an old
Car

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
if you are having any doubts. ask discount tire to stock both a 265 and 275 and maybe 285 for kicks giggles, they will test mount all 3 for you free of charge. toss em a 10 buck tip or something.

OP
OP

Caballito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Base
if you are having any doubts. ask discount tire to stock both a 265 and 275 and maybe 285 for kicks giggles, they will test mount all 3 for you free of charge. toss em a 10 buck tip or something.
I see thats a good idea

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I see thats a good idea
No, its not. Its a waste of their time and yours, and the tire in question DOESN"T COME IN A 285 or 265.

Its a good idea to check the tire manufacturer specs and see that, yes, like every 275 tire, this one will fit on a 9.5" wheel and that this one will fit on wheels between 9-11".

Sponsored

OP
OP

Caballito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Base
No, its not. Its a waste of their time and yours, and the tire in question DOESN"T COME IN A 285 or 265.

Its a good idea to check the tire manufacturer specs and see that, yes, like every 275 tire, this one will fit on a 9.5" wheel and that this one will fit on wheels between 9-11".
Yea true. Let me ask you something when using tires for track work is it better for the rim to be on the wider side for the tire or flush?

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase

just because that wheel doesnt, doesnt mean OP cant research other wheels for his purpose in the correct other sizes that hes interested in.

dont be so hostile. who cares if you waste their time, you are a CUSTOMER. if you find a wheel you like, you will buy a set from them. id make them test fit 10 tires to get one I like. they get my money and their service dictates my actions to buy.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
just because that wheel doesnt, doesnt mean OP cant research other wheels for his purpose in the correct other sizes that hes interested in.

dont be so hostile. who cares if you waste their time, you are a CUSTOMER. if you find a wheel you like, you will buy a set from them. id make them test fit 10 tires to get one I like. they get my money and their service dictates my actions to buy.
The OP started this thread saying he was locked in on this specific wheel.

The saints that work at your local Discount Tire store who have spare time to mount tires you aren't going to buy are going to have a very hard time finding the RS4 in a 265 or 285 because it doesn't exist. Also that tire is a known quantity and its not a question if it will work on a 9.5" wheel, we know it will.

spaz mk will

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT

This Journey has me…

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
And asked why you don't buy 19x10's, a better track choice.
the 9.5 are on sale - $600/set. 600/set was routine occurrence in 2019 across all wheel sizes and colors.

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer, 2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
@Caballito , I think it's accurate to say that you are ....hesitant....to jump into a new wheel / tire setup. I know the feeling, I've been there too. I spent hours searching and annoying various people with relentless questions about nitty-gritty details.
What people here are telling you is accurate though. A 275mm RS4 will be perfectly at home on a 19x9.5 SVE Drift. You have your answer. Now it's time to crack open the wallet.

ShadesOfBloo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Datsun wagon, '92 240SX, '08 Evo, '20 Mustang GT
A 275mm tire has been good on a 9.5" rim, for autocross and track day, for decades.
That's why the GT PP1 comes with that combination.

...But if I'm buying tires and wheels for track use
A 275mm tire is good for a 3000 lb car. My Mustang is a candidate for 305mm on an 11" rim.

OP
OP

Caballito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Base
@Caballito , I think it's accurate to say that you are ....hesitant....to jump into a new wheel / tire setup. I know the feeling, I've been there too. I spent hours searching and annoying various people with relentless questions about nitty-gritty details.
What people here are telling you is accurate though. A 275mm RS4 will be perfectly at home on a 19x9.5 SVE Drift. You have your answer. Now it's time to crack open the wallet.
You get me! Lol but yes that is what am
Ordering really cant be beat for the price. Thanx man

OP
OP

Caballito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Base
A 275mm tire has been good on a 9.5" rim, for autocross and track day, for decades.
That's why the GT PP1 comes with that combination.

...But if I'm buying tires and wheels for track use
A 275mm tire is good for a 3000 lb car. My Mustang is a candidate for 305mm on an 11" rim.
The 305 is definitely in the future when there is more money and more
Inportantly time to go to the track, thats because i believe its stupid to have 305 just for the streets and not use them for the ttrack it more likr a poser thing in my opinion.
Sponsored