Sponsored

Gas Guzzler Tax

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Come on, are you just espousing garbage to increase your post count. Not a word of this is true and has nothing to do with the tax that was enacted in 1978. Please stop your political BS so that this tread can continue.
You must have me confused with someone else.........Who gives a shit about post count? As to my post, if you couldnā€™t pick up on the sarcasm or attempt to poke fun at this subject thereā€™s not much I can do to help you. I bet youā€™re a blast at parties though. Everyone loves the guy that goes around correcting everyone on the tax code lol

Business both big and small get taxed on a myriad of things. Some are passed down and some are assimilated. The GG tax was enacted to get Detroit to make smaller, more fuel efficient cars (and it worked).
You would have to have been an utter fool to not think a new tax like this would not get passed down to consumers. Show me the myriad of new taxes on businesses that donā€™t get passed down.
Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ā“‡ā’¾ā’øā“€ā“Ž ā“ˆā“…ā’¶ā“ƒā’¾ā“ˆā’½
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Show me the myriad of new taxes on businesses that donā€™t get passed down.
Everything gets passed down to the consumer. Taxes, CEO raises, hooker monies. Everything.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
You must have me confused with someone else.........Who gives a shit about post count? As to my post, if you couldnā€™t pick up on the sarcasm or attempt to poke fun at this subject thereā€™s not much I can do to help you. I bet youā€™re a blast at parties though. Everyone loves the guy that goes around correcting everyone on the tax code lol
Well in that case neither of us have a sense of humor. :like::fistbump: Apologies if I misunderstood the intent of your post.

You would have to have been an utter fool to not think a new tax like this would not get passed down to consumers. Show me the myriad of new taxes on businesses that donā€™t get passed down.
Not sure why you are saying this is a new tax. It's 42 years old. At the time the tax was passed the understanding is that it would not be passed down. Well, we all know how that turned out. :facepalm:

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
Everything gets passed down to the consumer. Taxes, CEO raises, hooker monies. Everything.
When it cums to hookers, I bypass the middle man and goto straight to the source

Sponsored

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Well in that case neither of us have a sense of humor. :like::fistbump: Apologies if I misunderstood the intent of your post.
Thatā€™s the trouble with posting on forums with people youā€™ve donā€™t know in real life. Hard to really know what they are trying to say at times :fistbump: no hard feelings
Not sure why you are saying this is a new tax. It's 42 years old. At the time the tax was passed the understanding is that it would not be passed down. Well, we all know how that turned out. :facepalm:
I was referring to the time when the tax was passed. They had to know the car companies werenā€™t going to pay it, although ultimately I donā€™t think they cared either way. Just another revenue stream for gov.

hbash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Any information is worth something. šŸ™ thanks for your time and input. I'll do some digging and see if I can find a recent sticker with no gas guzzler tax to confirm or deny this.
From what I have been told by Ford... only the manual gets the Guzzler Tax.

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
This sticker has gas guzzler tax for automatic too. Maybe it really depends on how many of those cars they made and the first cars of both transmission types don't get it (independently on each other).

Attachments

Sponsored
OP
OP

Somepothead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Currently walking: Ordered a 2021 Mach 1
This sticker has gas guzzler tax for automatic too. Maybe it really depends on how many of those cars they made and the first cars of both transmission types don't get it (independently on each other).
Back to the world not making sense anymore šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ jk

Because of some of the great explinations that some of the guys responded with. If this A10 was hit with the gas guzzler tax, I think it has to be due to the number of cars produced.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Back to the world not making sense anymore šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ jk

Because of some of the great explinations that some of the guys responded with. If this A10 was hit with the gas guzzler tax, I think it has to be due to the number of cars produced.
Agreed. What else could it be?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Passing it on to the consumer was not the governments intention, at the time.
well then true to form CONgress hasn't 2 brain cells to rub together. Corporations never pay anything. It either comes out of the share-holders ass or the buyer of the goods and services.

The GG tax was enacted to get Detroit to make smaller, more fuel efficient cars (and it worked).
then it should have been repealed by 1985'ish yes? Ahh nothing approximates eternal life on this planet like a tax... But I do believe the Jap invasion would have forced a behavioral change on Detroit just as (more?) effectively than the permanent grift levied on the consumer.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
well then true to form CONgress hasn't 2 brain cells to rub together. Corporations never pay anything. It either comes out of the share-holders ass or the buyer of the goods and services.

then it should have been repealed by 1985'ish yes? Ahh nothing approximates eternal life on this planet like a tax... But I do believe the Jap invasion would have forced a behavioral change on Detroit just as (more?) effectively than the permanent grift levied on the consumer.
Agreed. But the point of the tax at that time was to get the industry to build smaller, more fuel efficient cars. Remember this was even before fuel injection was popular. So regardless of who actually paid the end result was the same.

Repealing a tax? Now thatā€™s funny. :cwl:

JuicySmollet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juicy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 (M2440)
I just got my sticker (M6) and in the top right hand it puts it in the EPA section, whereas the A10 didn't have that there. I think someone messed up on the A10.

1617032067688.png
Sponsored