Not open for further replies.

Dtmlloyd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 2500 high country
Free country live and let live! Make your own decisions. My wife’s doctor is not getting the shot and told her he would advise against it also? To many unknow? But do what you want I don’t care!

kwpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
Free country live and let live! Make your own decisions. My wife’s doctor is not getting the shot and told her he would advise against it also? To many unknow? But do what you want I don’t care!
That's the way I see it. We are all adults. We all have the capability to do our own research and come to a conclusion what is best for our own interest. I don't think anyone should be forced to get vaccinated.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Hello; I see that CJJon is still being critical of those who even slightly disagree with his "everyone must take the vaccine" stance. I do not know why he is so strident about rejecting even reasonable questions. There are valid reason for some not taking the vaccine now.
I think he no longer has a credible stance. I refer to posts #682, #685 and #687 in this thread as evidence. There are a number of other posts which are relevant but these three should be enough.
I had contended those who survived the covid19 infection naturally without medical help should have built up a natural immunity to the virus. A natural immunity of the sort people have gotten after such an infection for immense lengths of time. I also contended that natural immunity should give protection to those survivors which should mean they can skip the new vaccine. You may be aware of how he has strongly railed against this notion.
It took a long time but I finally got him to go on record. See post #682. He stated that "NO" survivors do not have a natural immunity. In post # 685 I posted three links which refute this clearly. Even one from the NIH which states the natural antibodies can last up to eight months.

CJJon even came back again in post #687 still claiming the survivors do not have immunity. He included a link. In his own link it stated the antibodies can last 60 days in survivors.

I do not know why he is so strident about his stance in the face of contrary evidence. I do not think he will ever allow for a different point of view, since he continues to this day with the same sort of comments.

In a real sense I do not have a dog in this fight. Get the vaccine if you want. Do not take my word for it, but I do think those who have had the infection and recovered on their own do not need to get the current vaccine. This follows many decades of my understanding about the human immune system. I am not an expert nor a medical person. I was a Biology teacher and some of the stuff about everyone taking the vaccine just has not made sense to me. But do not take my point of view as the gospel on the subject. If you have doubts talk to a trusted doctor or do your own research or just take the vaccine. You are a survivor of the infection and have more experience about what you may face.

I had hoped for some reasonable discussion about ideas which came to me after having a strong reaction to the second injection of the Moderna vaccine. What I got was being called names and a being told to shut up and not question your betters attitude from several. I still welcome a discussion on the points I tried to make if anyone cares to do so.
More nonsense. Never once did I say "survivors do not have a natural immunity". Nope, not one time.

Now I see you have a comprehension problem.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If only your actions and the wrong attitude of your physician only impacted yourselves. It is attitudes like that that kill people.

I would also would be wary of a doctor that tells me not to be vaccinated without a good medical reason.

Sponsored

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
More nonsense. Never once did I say "survivors do not have a natural immunity". Nope, not one time.

Now I see you have a comprehension problem.
Hello; Afraid you did and there is a trail of evidence.

Dtmlloyd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 2500 high country
It’s not my job to tell people how to live! Me not getting a vaccine doesn’t effect you! Wear your mask you will be ok! Do we stop people from drinking to much? Or eating to much or smoking to much? If you want a government to tell you how to live then move to that country? I chose to be free and live my life the way I see fit not what you think!

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It’s not my job to tell people how to live! Me not getting a vaccine doesn’t effect you! Wear your mask you will be ok! Do we stop people from drinking to much? Or eating to much or smoking to much? If you want a government to tell you how to live then move to that country? I chose to be free and live my life the way I see fit not what you think!
No one is going to force you. You have every right to be selfish if you so choose.

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
There is a big difference, alcoholism or obesity are not contagious diseases so therefore with little impact on other people ( save for costing money to society) covid is a transmissible disease and mask are mostly worn to protect others from you. Not the the other way around
Personal freedom stop when you start to impede on someone else freedom, such as freedom from being transmitted a virus
Your behavior is not that of a “free” man but rather than of a selfish and self centered man
Nothing to be proud off

Last edited:

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Your behavior is not that of a “free” man but rather than of a selfish and self centered man
Nothing to be proud off
So under your definition of selfish we must all mask up every flu season.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Or hell mask up for the rest of history, just because you might have some bug......

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
So under your definition of selfish we must all mask up every flu season.
common sense go a long way in making decision. You can’t even begin to compare the.flu to the covid 19. Flu death are roughly 5 to 10% of Covid
Life is not binary, either black or white or a Democrat/republican battle for the TRUTH, that is laughable
We are all selfish to a point but a reasonable and common sense approach would show that your argument lack both reasonability and common sense

Last edited:

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
common sense go a long way in making decision. You can’t even begin to compare the.flu to the covid 19. Flu death are roughly 5 to 10%
Life is not binary, either black or white or a Democrat/republican battle for the TRUTH, that is laughable
We are all selfish to a point but a reasonable and common sense approach would show that your argument lack both reasonability and common sense
Hello; First I think you are wrong about flu deaths, but lets go with your numbers for a moment. Lets use your low number of 5%. Well the covid19 death rate is only 1.8% overall.

I would have to look up flu mortality (death rates) but am pretty sure it is not as high as 5%. So in the battle for the truth I am willing to post information which will help your point when I know what is correct. Have you been willing to do the same for me or for K4fxd?

Status
Not open for further replies.