2018 Digital Cluster Installation Guide

guppone

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem
I just upgraded my 18 premium gauge cluster to the digital one. Thanks to the information that @breeves002 put in a spreadsheet it was a snap to do. The only thing I couldn't figure out was how to get My Color and the TPMS to work. When pressing the pony button, my color does not even show as a menu choice.

Any ideals on how to get this enabled again. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

Last edited:

bluto

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I installed the digital dash and now my cruise control does not work. Standard cruise control, not the adaptive one. Can anyone tell me what the ABT data should look like to enable it?

guppone

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem
I installed the digital dash and now my cruise control does not work. Standard cruise control, not the adaptive one. Can anyone tell me what the ABT data should look like to enable it?
Did you look at the spreadsheet at the beginning of this post, it will give you the exact code to change yours to.

smitmor3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Morgan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
My goodness how I wish I had found this forum before purchasing my digital cluster upgrade. I got one from another vendor, who I don't know if I'm allowed to mention here or not, but my experience with them has been less than pleasant.

I have a 2017 GT Automatic and have the following issues:
No tachometer.
No hi-beam indicator.
I've lost cruise control. (I had adaptive before, now I have nothing.)
I've lost automatic wipers.

From reading through this thread, I believe that these are the changes I need to make:
720-07-02 to read 0000 0030 to fix the tach
720-09-01 to xxxx 1xxx xxxx to fix the hi-beam indicator
720-01-01 to xFxx xxxx xxxx, along with switch assembly JR3Z-9C888-FA, as they did not send me the new switches.
720-02-02 to xx8x xxxx xxxx along with SCCM JR3Z-3F791-AA, as the SCCM they sent me only has variable on it.

Can someone tell me if I'm on the right track before I give the seller of this "kit" an earful?

Thanks in advance!

koo9903

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT PP
Hi, does anyone know the part number for the lens portion of the digital cluster?
I bought a cluster used and the lens has some marring. I'd like to get a new one since I think the scratches would drive me nuts

d651a5ae-b602-4ec2-9f60-50608e09c7f4.jpg

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Hi, does anyone know the part number for the lens portion of the digital cluster?
I bought a cluster used and the lens has some marring. I'd like to get a new one since I think the scratches would drive me nuts

d651a5ae-b602-4ec2-9f60-50608e09c7f4.jpg
Here, before spending $$$ on a new lens, try this product:
https://www.meguiars.com/automotive...ar-plastic-cleaner-polish-g12310-10-oz-liquid

It can be bought at many retail outlets. Get a microfiber to apply and one to remove. Buff in a circular motion when applying. Remove the product going L to R.

Depending on the severity of the scratch, you may need to go over it a few times. If the scratch is really deep, the product will not fix those types of scratches.

I have used that product on many clear plastics, including dash clusters, headlights, tails and the S550 black ABS trunk decklid section.

Momogt26

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
dwayne
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Has anyone ever put a 18 premium non digital gauge cluster in a 15-17. I do do like the fact the premium still has a digital speedometer readout in the center

p6cl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase

racingandfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Has anyone ever put a 18 premium non digital gauge cluster in a 15-17. I do do like the fact the premium still has a digital speedometer readout in the center
I put the standard 2018 in my 2015 and it has the digital speedometer. It doesn't have the my color option or the tach that lights up at redline. I am okay with that though as I have the GT350 center gauges and my color doesn't work on them anyway.

Sponsored

p6cl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I put the standard 2018 in my 2015 and it has the digital speedometer. It doesn't have the my color option or the tach that lights up at redline. I am okay with that though as I have the GT350 center gauges and my color doesn't work on them anyway.
There is a premium cluster with my color and base cluster for the regular instrument cluster

Momogt26

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
dwayne
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Was it plug and play

p6cl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

racingandfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Was it plug and play
Mechanically yes. Just replace it. Electronically no. You do need to use Forscan to correct the mileage and a few other things like the high beam indicator that doesn't work till you update it. Note that with Forscan you can only move the mileage up and not down. So you need a unit with mileage lower than what your car has.

The 2018 also had some features not available on my car like the axle temp gauge (2015 so no axle temp sensor) so I disabled it and rear parking assist which kept giving an error message until I disabled it.

1QwkEcoBoost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Mechanically yes. Just replace it. Electronically no. You do need to use Forscan to correct the mileage and a few other things like the high beam indicator that doesn't work till you update it. Note that with Forscan you can only move the mileage up and not down. So you need a unit with mileage lower than what your car has.

The 2018 also had some features not available on my car like the axle temp gauge (2015 so no axle temp sensor) so I disabled it and rear parking assist which kept giving an error message until I disabled it.
I agree with you, install is straight forward. I recommend using a oscillating cutting tool to trim the plastic behind the dash cluster. It makes for a much cleaner cut. You don’t have to have anyone program it for you. Forscan is very straight forward.
Sponsored