Sponsored

Flowmaster Outlaw AB paired with...?

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
August
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT, '18 GT
Hey everyone, recently bought the FM Outlaw axle back but found out the X pipe I have is not compatible with it, what mid pipe is everyone running with the FM Outlaws?
Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Hey everyone, recently bought the FM Outlaw axle back but found out the X pipe I have is not compatible with it, what mid pipe is everyone running with the FM Outlaws?
I would guess a resonator of sort to try to mitigate the drone that those produce. With just an x pipe it will be quite a bit worse.

Tom@Lethal

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
OP
OP
Augustusgloopp
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
August
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT, '18 GT

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
I've heard alot of people talk about how bad the drone is and was told to opt out for an H pipe rather than an X to reduce drone and to deepen the tone. Just not sure what brand to go with, heard a good bit of people running the Steeda H pipe.
Unresonated the drone will be bad with x or h. Even with a resonator it'll drone just not as bad.

Sponsored

Tom@Lethal

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Heard that as well. Suppose we will see how bad it is once it is all on the car. I don't mind some drone.
In the end i ran Stainless Power headers Catted and off-road with that setup. Was loud as hell but i loved it. Drone around 3k on the highway or 6th gear. Didn’t really bother me though.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Unresonated the drone will be bad with x or h. Even with a resonator it'll drone just not as bad.
The stock resonator is pretty good at cleaning up drone. I have to be sub 2,000 RPM to really notice it. I don't have outlaws but I have something similar for axle backs. I did a 900 mile road trip to the grand canyon and a few other places and had no issues with my ears being raped.

Now with an X or H Pipe? Can't really comment there, not sure how bad it would be or where the most annoying RPM moves to. It's definitely going to be LOUD though.

Ayee__Jay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 5.0
on my 18 I run a Steeda X pipe with FM Outlaws and it sounds perfect imo. I get PLENTY of compliments on it, I purposely didn't run the Scavenger X pipe as it sounds tinny to me if that makes sense. The drone wasn't the best for the first few weeks (Daily) but after i broke it in, it drones but it's nowhere near as bad as it was at the beginning or how people say it is. Now later i plan on getting headers which then I may take them off.

Sponsored

S550_GTCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT CS
on my 18 I run a Steeda X pipe with FM Outlaws and it sounds perfect imo. I get PLENTY of compliments on it, I purposely didn't run the Scavenger X pipe as it sounds tinny to me if that makes sense. The drone wasn't the best for the first few weeks (Daily) but after i broke it in, it drones but it's nowhere near as bad as it was at the beginning or how people say it is. Now later i plan on getting headers which then I may take them off.
I just had catless long tubes installed with the Outlaw catback. For lack of a better word, it's brutal. Hope is calms down a bit once the headers get broken in or I'll be looking for a new setup.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Hope is calms down a bit once the headers get broken in or I'll be looking for a new setup.
You'll be looking for new a-backs

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
That's what I figured. :crackup: Going to see how long I can put up with it for.
I drove my buddies S197 with dronemaster outlaws.. I don't know how he does it. I wanted out after 15 mins haha.
Sponsored