Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Premium
  • Banned
So I had the outlaws installed yesterday. Today went out and rode around with the biggest noise critic my wife.

Now to give a little background. I have an 04 GTO. It has catless headers, with the SLP single side exhaust. My wife absolutely hates to ride in that car, because of the drone and noice it makes (šŸ˜‚).

Went out today drove around town, did some highway running (85mph 2100 rpmā€™s) and a couple of WOT pulls from 2nd through 4th getting on the highways and a downshift 4th to 6th run on the highway.

Just cruising in town, it was fine, and even high way runs were fine. During the pulls, definitely got loud. The wife says she feels we could hold a conversation, without her having to raise her voice, as she does in the GTO. That was music to my ears.

Now what I had the exhaust shop do was a bit different. I had them put in a freshly cut pipe to make up the difference between the Outlaws and the X pipe and we didnā€™t use the old exhaust piping. The pipe slipped over the outlaws and into the Xpipe. Instead of clamping that pipe on, I had them welded it on. I donā€™t know if that, had anything to do with the fact that itā€™s not droning as much as some folks say it does, and how the pipe was fitted on, but Iā€™m very happy with the product. I still have stock manifolds and cats and I doubt that Iā€™ll do a set of catless headers with this exhaust though.

So over all the exhaust is loud when it needs to be quiet enough when it needs to be and Iā€™m happy with the product. I can jack the car up and take pics since I didnā€™t when the work was being done if anyone really wants to see it but overall really happy. Glad I went with the outlaws.
Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
If it sounds good to your ears, then itā€™s a win IMO. Letā€™s see some pics of it, if itā€™s not too much trouble.

OP
OP
AZlb5.0

AZlb5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Premium
  • Banned
Hey guy I wonā€™t be able to get pics done today. My apologies, Iā€™ll get them for you all tomorrow. Again my apologies.

Sponsored

OP
OP
AZlb5.0

AZlb5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Premium
  • Banned
No worries brother.
So here are the pics. As you can see is an over and in. Over the Outlaw and into the X Pipe. I am thinking that even with clamps you might get some rattling that will add to drone. This fix takes out any rattling caused by inserting the old exhaust pipe and just using clamps to hold it in place.
Pic 1 The over and insert pipe
Pic 2 Over the Outlaw
Pic 3 Into the X pipe
715EF2D8-0C8E-4E0E-A15B-FE7BA5FBEA4B.jpeg
F91F7C40-AC86-47A2-93F3-CA143F2514E9.jpeg
D905FEB3-87B1-47A3-AF36-EA700BE33772.jpeg

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
The welds look really good. Most muffler shops donā€™t run good beads like that and end up leaving leaks in the system. Did the installer tack weld everything in place and then remove the system and weld it?

Have you recorded any sound clips and/or drive by video of it yet?

OP
OP
AZlb5.0

AZlb5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Premium
  • Banned
The welds look really good. Most muffler shops donā€™t run good beads like that and end up leaving leaks in the system. Did the installer tack weld everything in place and then remove the system and weld it?

Have you recorded any sound clips and/or drive by video of it yet?
He mounted it, braced it and welded it while on the vehicle. Itā€™s a local small shop with a lot of talent. The owner was the one who did it. Anyone in Tucson who reads this itā€™s Bochos exhaust and Custom off 12th street. Iā€™ll see if the wife is down to record tomorrow. Iā€™ll do a cold start and a couple of fly bys and also an interior while on the highway. šŸ‘šŸ¼

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Cold start, tried getting the dogs out of the way but they chose not to get out the wayšŸ˜‚

Sounds throaty! If you hadnā€™t mentioned the x-pipe, I would have guessed that you paired the Outlaws with an h-pipe.

Sponsored

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
That's not obnoxious at all. Sounds really good, nice tone.

OP
OP
AZlb5.0

AZlb5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Premium
That's not obnoxious at all. Sounds really good, nice tone.
Thanks. When I had posted that I was going with outlaws, from what everyone said. I though I was going to get that raspy ratly exhaust tone. Boy was I wrong. It turned out to be the nice throaty exhaust tone that I was after.

Edit: I would definitely recommend not going with an open exhaust with these. I can see it getting annoying after a while.