2020 GT500 TCM & PCM Updates

rhino20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT500 (Chassis L2023)
A while back, on another thread, there was mention of potential TCM & PCM updates for the 2020 GT500. Well, I was finally able to get my car to my local dealership very early this morning to have their lead tech, who is second to none, take care of a few things for me. One of the things I wanted to look at was the current software versions for both the TCM and PCM modules. Lo and behold, both required updating. Unfortunately, Ford does not provide any details regarding what the software actually updates so I don't know what changes were made to the vehicle.

I have posted a photo of the latest software versions in case someone can determine exactly what these updates will change on our vehicles.

TCM-PCM Update.jpg

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
Showing this to my Service Advisor when mine goes back for the correct brake bracket replacement.

OP
OP
rhino20

rhino20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Based on what my tech told me these updates happen quite often so the software may change by the time you go in for the brake pedal recall.

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Based on what my tech told me these updates happen quite often so the software may change by the time you go in for the brake pedal recall.
Should be this week or next, so i doubt it would change that fast, too bad there is no list of fixes or imporvements

OP
OP
rhino20

rhino20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Agreed.

Your dealer is going to have the parts for the brake pedal bracket replacement before the end of the year?

Melmark93

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mel
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Kona/White stripes, 93 MarkVIII Vortech, 94 Mark VIII, 13 MKS Ecoboost
I think one of the changes in that last update was to shorten the delay in the launch control.

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Best I can tell is one went from G to H and the other M to N.

That's all I got for my smartass comment on this topic.

LOL

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Agreed.

Your dealer is going to have the parts for the brake pedal bracket replacement before the end of the year?
Actually he got the Non-Sport bracket last week, and since it was the wrong one it was ordered again. So Yes I expect possibly this week as its already shipped from what I was told.

I think one of the changes in that last update was to shorten the delay in the launch control.
I already got the new changes when mine was being built (7/2), unless they made more changes to the delay that I dont know about.

Melmark93

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mel
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Kona/White stripes, 93 MarkVIII Vortech, 94 Mark VIII, 13 MKS Ecoboost
You're right, I missed that the change was from M to N.

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I just noticed something, Your TCM is completely different then what I have in mine TCM starts KR3A but your says LR3A?!?!

Angels GT500.JPG

Saratoga87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Shelby
A while back, on another thread, there was mention of potential TCM & PCM updates for the 2020 GT500. Well, I was finally able to get my car to my local dealership very early this morning to have their lead tech, who is second to none, take care of a few things for me. One of the things I wanted to look at was the current software versions for both the TCM and PCM modules. Lo and behold, both required updating. Unfortunately, Ford does not provide any details regarding what the software actually updates so I don't know what changes were made to the vehicle.

I have posted a photo of the latest software versions in case someone can determine exactly what these updates will change on our vehicles.

TCM-PCM Update.jpg
Thats interesting Chris.
I wonder if new cars rolling off the assembly line now will need these TCM-PCM updates?

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Already been through. Read the linked thread. Cars have been coming with the latest update for some time now.

OP
OP
rhino20

rhino20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Already been through. Read the linked thread. Cars have been coming with the latest update for some time now.
What exactly does some time mean? My car was delivered in July and the software was not current.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Exactly and some will never be the same. Point is, the update isn't anything new. You want specifics? Then register for ETIS and use your VIN to find out what calibrations you have. Or call your dealer and have them break it down for you.

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I know I am dredging up a 2wk old thread, but just got my mine re-programmed. Guess we will have to wait for the warmer weather to test out LC and how much of a difference it will make compared to the update mine had come with in the first place.