Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Texas Lemon Law states:
30-day test
You pass the 30-day test if your vehicle has been out of service for repair because of a defect covered by the original factory warranty:

• For a total of 30 days or more - not necessarily all at one time - during the first 24 months or 24,000 miles (if a comparable loaner vehicle was provided while the vehicle was being repaired, that time does not count toward the 30 days) a substantial defect still exists
Dude, get on this ASAP!

https://www.txdmv.gov/motorists/consumer-protection/lemon-law
Sponsored

OP
OP
atxcobra

atxcobra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT 500
Texas Lemon Law states:
30-day test
You pass the 30-day test if your vehicle has been out of service for repair because of a defect covered by the original factory warranty:

• For a total of 30 days or more - not necessarily all at one time - during the first 24 months or 24,000 miles (if a comparable loaner vehicle was provided while the vehicle was being repaired, that time does not count toward the 30 days) a substantial defect still exists
Dude, get on this ASAP!

https://www.txdmv.gov/motorists/consumer-protection/lemon-law
Done! I've reached out to 5 different law firms to see who might take on my case.

biminiLX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 and a few others
I didnā€™t go back to the first pages but transmission replacement? Thereā€™s been a few members who have had a transmission replacement successfully.
Maybe Ford gets you a new ā€˜21 and fixes yours on their own time.
-J

OP
OP
atxcobra

atxcobra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT 500
I didnā€™t go back to the first pages but transmission replacement? Thereā€™s been a few members who have had a transmission replacement successfully.
Maybe Ford gets you a new ā€˜21 and fixes yours on their own time.
-J
Maybe it goes that direction, I don't know. With the car not working properly, even with 3 different wiring harnesses installed, clearly something else is wrong. After talking to a few different attorneys, they won't take my case because I don't have paperwork showing the multiple repairs. It's almost like I had to get the car back, and have it taken in for the same problem multiple times. So, even though it's been a month without the car, they said most likely I have to get the refund/repurchase done through Ford instead of through an attorney. A 2021 working GT Cobra would be a great outcome!

Chris2020GT500

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.careeup.tech
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 / 2021 Jaguar SVR / 2019 TrackHawk
Maybe it goes that direction, I don't know. With the car not working properly, even with 3 different wiring harnesses installed, clearly something else is wrong. After talking to a few different attorneys, they won't take my case because I don't have paperwork showing the multiple repairs. It's almost like I had to get the car back, and have it taken in for the same problem multiple times. So, even though it's been a month without the car, they said most likely I have to get the refund/repurchase done through Ford instead of through an attorney. A 2021 working GT Cobra would be a great outcome!
Interesting, each other car with a transmission issue had the transmission replaced. Why they would try several harnesses and not issue a transmission replacement is not a proper way to proceed. They are making you wait and the solution has already been proven to not be the resolution.

If you can, I would contact Ford directly and push for the transmission replacement. Sorry to hear about this and I hope it does get resolved. Also, apparently there was a batch of bad transmissions so, hopefully those get resolved quickly. Do you by chance know your chassis number or build date?

Best of luck and I think once you do get this resolved, it will be worth it. (I've been through something similar with other cars so, I know your pain)

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Who initially pays the customer when a car is lemoned? I suspect its the manufacturer rather than the dealer who then makes a claim with the manufacturer.

I ask because I always wondered how ADM is handled. It seems obvious that a manufacturer wouldn't be responsible for ADM reimbursement. Does the customer sue the dealer for any ADM?

Pittpa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 6MT
After talking to a few different attorneys, they won't take my case because I don't have paperwork showing the multiple repairs. It's almost like I had to get the car back, and have it taken in for the same problem multiple times.
Ask the dealer for the invoices. I've never left a dealership without an invoice detailing the work done, even for free warranty work. It almost sounds like they did this on purpose.

OP
OP
atxcobra

atxcobra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT 500
Ask the dealer for the invoices. I've never left a dealership without an invoice detailing the work done, even for free warranty work. It almost sounds like they did this on purpose.
I don't have an invoice because they never completed any work. It's been at the dealership for 33 days, still not repaired. There was never a completed job. It's still sitting, at the dealer, waiting for the job to even complete. I'll see if I can get some paperwork on it while it's still an open job.

Last edited:

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
The OP doesn't need an attorney OR additional paperwork proving if vehicle was repaired yet or how many attempted times.

The facts are, the car has now been in-op for 30 consecutive days since its initial drop off at the Service Center - THAT alone qualifies it for instant Lemon Law claim, period. Even if the car has not been successfully repaired, regardless of the repair attempts - 30 days is 30 days. The clock starts ticking the date/time that was entered on the initial Work Order the day the OP dropped off the vehicle. Since the vehicle doesn't have an "out" date/time, clock is still ticking.

The OP should have a Ford Case IF he called Ford via the 800# and had spoken to a Ford CSR in the beginning. The Regional CSR would have afforded him a Case # which was to expedite the repair.

If the problem was parts - in the Ford Policy & Warranty Manual, which is the Franchise "bible" dished out by Ford Corp - it states that IF such a circumstance exists - they can and are allowed to pull parts off a new lot car to expedite the repair IF said part is not immediately available through the parts network. Now granted we're talking a GT500 and not just a basic GT, so understandably that option is probably null and void anyhow. I'm merely letting you all know there ARE other options IF certain avenues and processes have already been exhausted.

Back to the Regional CSR - at this point, the OP can demand a Buy Back. By doing so, Ford has to and does adhere to all 50-State Lemon Laws, period. The CSR must move this forward and get authorization for a Buy Back, at which point the case moves over to Ford RAV, the Buy Back Dept.

The OP has 2 choices with a Buy Back:
1) Vehicle Replacement - which is MSRP to MSRP, period. In short, OP picks a new Ford product and it replaces the Lemon.
2) Refund - A refund of monies owed back to the owner and the owner can walk away from Ford or buy another Ford product.

One note or caution:
On Limited Edition vehicles where the Owner paid ANY ADM - ADM is a Dealership added line item to the Window Sticker MSRP and is NOT a Ford line item on any Ford Window Sticker. This means in an event of a Lemon Law claim, the ADM is not recoverable by Ford RAV. The Owner can demand and try, but ADM is cost paid over MSRP and the only entity that benefitted from that was the Dealership. The Owner can try to get the selling Dealership to refund the ADM, but I've yet to hear of an instance where that happened (or was successful). Not saying it can't happen, but so far it's not been discussed positively anywhere on this site in any of the sub-forums. No one should be paying ADM, but folks do and when a situation such as this arises, there are very limited options for recovery.

The OP can go through the entire Buy Back process on his/her own - an Attorney is not a necessity at all. The only time one would be of any benefit is if the Owner is getting the shaft with some other financial deficiencies. The Dealership has NO part in a Lemon Law Claim other than being the middle man with facilitating the paper work, new vehicle location assistance IF the OP opts to do a vehicle replacement and when the Lemon'd vehicle needs to be either exchanged (if vehicle replacement) or dropped off for a refund.

The Dealership cannot dictate or do anything with a Lemon Claim before or once it's in Ford RAV's hands. Ford HAS to and DOES adhere to State Lemon Laws, so there's no way the OP would be in a precarious situation - with the ONLY exception being - ADM (IF it applies).

Again if ADM is an issue - the OP can try to get Ford RAV to cave OR the Selling Dealer, other than that all State Lemon Laws will apply and be followed to the "T"

The OP also is final authorization upon reviewing the Ford RAV paperwork (worksheet) that contains the financials for a vehicle Buy Back (refund or vehicle replacement). He/she can approve or deny that paperwork IF they believe there is an issue or error with the figures. At that point if rejected it goes back to Ford RAV where they will rework the figures and the OP can review again. If the OP and RAV agree on final figures, the process moves forward.

I have posted LOTS of Ford RAV facts on this site and have helped many successfully.

The OP or anyone else for that matter can search the following terms on here to getting more info about the Buy Back process, worksheet examples, successful results from other M6G members etc:
Ford RAV
RAV Worksheet
Ford Buy Back
Lemon Law
Vehicle Replacement
RAV refund

As for what the OP wants to do - that's entirely up to him. He can wait weeks more for some type of resolution OR he can jump out from under the problem and demand a Buy Back. It's his choice - some people are rather patient, others want results quicker and will take a more viable path from the frustrations.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
1) Vehicle Replacement - which is MSRP to MSRP, period. In short, OP picks a new Ford product and it replaces the Lemon.

One note or caution:
On Limited Edition vehicles where the Owner paid ANY ADM - ADM is a Dealership added line item to the Window Sticker MSRP and is NOT a Ford line item on any Ford Window Sticker. This means in an event of a Lemon Law claim, the ADM is not recoverable by Ford RAV.
Regarding the ADM can/will Ford ever force a dealer to participate in the vehicle replacement option with an in stock or on-order vehicle? Since that option does not allow any discount or markup on the replacement vehicle, forced dealer participation would make the ADM a moot point but may require the buyer to travel to get the replacement vehicle. I would not be surprised if Ford might give a dealer a yet unassigned allocation just for this purpose as a good will gesture to the customer.

Sponsored
OP
OP
atxcobra

atxcobra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT 500
The OP doesn't need an attorney OR additional paperwork proving if vehicle was repaired yet or how many attempted times.

The facts are, the car has now been in-op for 30 consecutive days since its initial drop off at the Service Center - THAT alone qualifies it for instant Lemon Law claim, period. Even if the car has not been successfully repaired, regardless of the repair attempts - 30 days is 30 days. The clock starts ticking the date/time that was entered on the initial Work Order the day the OP dropped off the vehicle. Since the vehicle doesn't have an "out" date/time, clock is still ticking.

The OP should have a Ford Case IF he called Ford via the 800# and had spoken to a Ford CSR in the beginning. The Regional CSR would have afforded him a Case # which was to expedite the repair.

If the problem was parts - in the Ford Policy & Warranty Manual, which is the Franchise "bible" dished out by Ford Corp - it states that IF such a circumstance exists - they can and are allowed to pull parts off a new lot car to expedite the repair IF said part is not immediately available through the parts network. Now granted we're talking a GT500 and not just a basic GT, so understandably that option is probably null and void anyhow. I'm merely letting you all know there ARE other options IF certain avenues and processes have already been exhausted.

Back to the Regional CSR - at this point, the OP can demand a Buy Back. By doing so, Ford has to and does adhere to all 50-State Lemon Laws, period. The CSR must move this forward and get authorization for a Buy Back, at which point the case moves over to Ford RAV, the Buy Back Dept.

2) Refund - A refund of monies owed back to the owner and the owner can walk away from Ford or buy another Ford product.

One note or caution:
On Limited Edition vehicles where the Owner paid ANY ADM - ADM is a Dealership added line item to the Window Sticker MSRP and is NOT a Ford line item on any Ford Window Sticker. This means in an event of a Lemon Law claim, the ADM is not recoverable by Ford RAV. The Owner can demand and try, but ADM is cost paid over MSRP and the only entity that benefitted from that was the Dealership. The Owner can try to get the selling Dealership to refund the ADM, but I've yet to hear of an instance where that happened (or was successful). Not saying it can't happen, but so far it's not been discussed positively anywhere on this site in any of the sub-forums. No one should be paying ADM, but folks do and when a situation such as this arises, there are very limited options for recovery.

The OP can go through the entire Buy Back process on his/her own - an Attorney is not a necessity at all. The only time one would be of any benefit is if the Owner is getting the shaft with some other financial deficiencies. The Dealership has NO part in a Lemon Law Claim other than being the middle man with facilitating the paper work, new vehicle location assistance IF the OP opts to do a vehicle replacement and when the Lemon'd vehicle needs to be either exchanged (if vehicle replacement) or dropped off for a refund.

The Dealership cannot dictate or do anything with a Lemon Claim before or once it's in Ford RAV's hands. Ford HAS to and DOES adhere to State Lemon Laws, so there's no way the OP would be in a precarious situation - with the ONLY exception being - ADM (IF it applies).

Again if ADM is an issue - the OP can try to get Ford RAV to cave OR the Selling Dealer, other than that all State Lemon Laws will apply and be followed to the "T"

The OP also is final authorization upon reviewing the Ford RAV paperwork (worksheet) that contains the financials for a vehicle Buy Back (refund or vehicle replacement). He/she can approve or deny that paperwork IF they believe there is an issue or error with the figures. At that point if rejected it goes back to Ford RAV where they will rework the figures and the OP can review again. If the OP and RAV agree on final figures, the process moves forward.

I have posted LOTS of Ford RAV facts on this site and have helped many successfully.

The OP or anyone else for that matter can search the following terms on here to getting more info about the Buy Back process, worksheet examples, successful results from other M6G members etc:
Ford RAV
RAV Worksheet
Ford Buy Back
Lemon Law
Vehicle Replacement
RAV refund

As for what the OP wants to do - that's entirely up to him. He can wait weeks more for some type of resolution OR he can jump out from under the problem and demand a Buy Back. It's his choice - some people are rather patient, others want results quicker and will take a more viable path from the frustrations.
Thank you so much ... this is incredibly helpful and very thorough. I gives me alot of good information, as well as things to consider. Thank you!

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Regarding the ADM can/will Ford ever force a dealer to participate in the vehicle replacement option with an in stock or on-order vehicle? Since that option does not allow any discount or markup on the replacement vehicle, forced dealer participation would make the ADM a moot point but may require the buyer to travel to get the replacement vehicle. I would not be surprised if Ford might give a dealer a yet unassigned allocation just for this purpose as a good will gesture to the customer.
Great question.

So when any Ford Owner opts for the RAV Buy Back option of a vehicle replacement, it works like this:

MSRP to MSRP, no deviation.

It does not matter what deals, discounts or final OTD price was paid for by the Owner on their current vehicle (the so called Lemon). If say for instance the hypothetical Window Sticker was $75k (MSRP), the Owner is allowed to look for and pick any new Ford Product available in a Dealer's Inventory up to $75k (MSRP).

If the Owner picks another Ford product that is say hypothetically $80k (MSRP), they are responsible for the delta either out of pocket or rolling it into the flipped loan (if the lender won't allow a VIN swap if a current loan exists). IF there is a delta between MSRP's as in this example, the Owner would also be responsible for their State Taxes on $5k, NOT the total MSRP. IF the delta between MSRP's is say $1k higher, the Owner might be able to get Ford RAV to waive the delta due to the whole lemon experience and Ford wanting to retain Customer Loyalty. If such a small delta existed between MSRP, that is something the Owner would need to request from Ford RAV IF they feel it will make them whole.

Again, discounts (Ford or Dealer or any other such as Military, College, EMS worker, etc), rebates, incentives and Ford A-X Plans do not apply at all where an owner chooses a Ford RAV Buy Back Vehicle Replacement.

With that said - your question, IF the OP opts for a vehicle replacement - I'm thinking that the ADM would be moot since it's going to be a VIN swap (usually referred to as a swap of collateral). I'm only merely assuming this because of the fact it's a vehicle swap out IF the OP is asking for another GT500. If the OP is say going to downgrade and get into say (hypothetically) a Ford Explorer ST, then the ADM he paid (IF he did) on a GT500 becomes the problem as far as trying to recover it due to the significant price delta between the 2 vehicles.

If the Owner wants a complete refund, then again ADM will be a recovery issue.

I don't know IF the OP paid ADM or not, maybe I missed it, maybe it has not been mentioned (yet). I don't want to speculate, but in the discussion I *think* ADM would become moot IF the OP is wanting a GT500 replacement AND both vehicles are extremely close in MSRP as far as As Built configuration.

I hope that helps some.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
With that said - your question, IF the OP opts for a vehicle replacement - I'm thinking that the ADM would be moot since it's going to be a VIN swap (usually referred to as a swap of collateral). I'm only merely assuming this because of the fact it's a vehicle swap out IF the OP is asking for another GT500.
Yes. But no dealer would voluntarily participate in that if it means they would lose a sure ADM by selling the vehicle to someone else. Can/will Ford require a dealer to participate and if they can't, will they give a dealer an extra allocation just for the transaction. Since its a car they never would have had otherwise, the dealer wouldn't be loosing out on an ADM.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also to note - if a vehicle owner opts for the RAV Buy Back Vehicle Replacement, they are not required to travel to getting the new vehicle.

if the vehicle they are seeking does not exist on their local Ford Dealer lot, he/she can request the Dealership to do a radius search. This may be 50mi, 100mi or even as great as 1k miles or country wide. If a replacement vehicle is found on another Ford Dealer's lot, Ford RAV and the local Dealership facilitating the replacement will contact that other Dealership and the new vehicle will be transported to the Owner's local Dealership. There's absolutely NO fees involved nor will the Owner be responsible for any other fees at all with regards to such an instance, period.

Once the new vehicle is local, the Owner will bring the supposed Lemon (or if it's still in Service, bring her/himself to the Dealership) where at that point the Owner may inspect the new vehicle and drive it to make sure there's no issues. The Owner's supposed Lemon will also be inspected, then the Owner and Facilitating Dealership will sit down to complete all necessary final paperwork.

Final paperwork is the remainder of the RAV docs to sign and the common new vehicle invoice docs.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
Lemon law it for a new one.
Sponsored