Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

kiksbutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I had a local shop install the Steeda H pipe today. The car sounds awesome and I am honestly amazed that it can be so loud and sound so good in track mode while at the same time remain so quiet in quiet mode.
How much the shop charge ya? Did they weld it?

Mine is coming in soon, can't wait.
Sponsored

bknight21

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brayden
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT Premium a10
Vehicle Showcase
How much the shop charge ya? Did they weld it?

Mine is coming in soon, can't wait.
My shop only charged me for an hour of labor. I just had them use the clamps that came with the h pipe from steeda. If the clamps start to leak I’ll have have it welded. You’re going to love the sound.

Outlawtorn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Russ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
Just bought a new GT350 steering wheel and fitted a sequential tail light module as NZ/Australia spec cars tail lights are not sequential from the factory.

Last edited:

Lgb0250

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Premium, 22 Lexus 450h Luxury
I had a local shop install the Steeda H pipe today. The car sounds awesome and I am honestly amazed that it can be so loud and sound so good in track mode while at the same time remain so quiet in quiet mode.
Had mine installed for a few months now. Very impressed with the sound. You are going to enjoy it more every day. Sounds even better on a cold start!

Sponsored

Arknsawchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Yesterday:
Drove it twenty miles or so, started it up three times at return.
Don’t get much driving/charging these days. Tried to start it yesterday, got just a click. Connected the charger as I’ve done a few times previously, the backup lamp began flashing. Let it charge h for a couple hours, the charger told me it was 100% full but was six volt! Tried to start it, everything went dark. DARK. Not even a glimmer of odometer miles. Hooked up the charger again, its message was the same this morning: 100%, 6-V. Jumped it from the other car, started and ran fine, restarted three times.

Can a battery go so flat and still hold a charge? I expect to replace it anyway. Had my eye on the XS Power D4700 for quite a while. We’ll see.

The question was, "Can a battery go so flat and still hold a charge?" Not, "Do you have a good reason to restart it three times after a 20-mile drive?"

Answers are: "Don't know, yet"; and "Yes", respectively.
Just a thought, but could you have your battery charger set on 6 volt? I know some have volt selector switches on them. Could explain the 100% and only 6v, yet jumps and starts just fine. If your battery was so dead it wouldn't even charge beyond 6v I doubt it would even jump and restart.

Oryx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Installed my X-Pipe today - couldn't have been easier.
I gave it a start up quickly after cutting out the resonator and ran it straight piped - I think that's the sound I like best!
After slipping into place and tightening everything up, I started it and have to say .... it's a lot quieter than I was expecting, not as Raspy as I was expecting but still sounds much better than stock. I think I'm going to have to do a set of cut-outs or some type of active exhaust system.
That will have to wait until I finish the lowering springs and IRS alignment and bushing support later this weekend or next.

Jhamp232

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I’ve installed Stainless works, attempted to install 2M fab long tubes(spoiler, didn’t fit), and these Kooks. The Kooks were the easiest to install for sure, but there are a few bolts used to replace the manifold studs that are very, very tough to access. Wrenching is a big part of my job and has been in my career, so I have lots of tools and experience to lean on. If you’re more DIY, maybe hold off. Took me about 6 hours in the garage on jackstands.

Sponsored

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
Installed foglight splitters. $27 on eBay. Link to part
Not too bad. Installs with screws and 3m tape. Very solid.

50680698781_a17797de9e_b.jpg
20201204_114306 by chefjpd, on Flickr

50680773272_bcd024b30a_b.jpg
20201204_114257 by chefjpd, on Flickr

Last edited:

DeadBroke3.7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
james
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford mustang gt premium 10r80
Had a Steeda h-pipe with resonator delete installed onto my car. It sounds amazing.

I am literally opening my box to do the exact same ting on Sunday afternoon.

20201125_090706.jpg
tempImageypb08O.png
Sponsored