2018 Digital Cluster Installation Guide

bluto

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I have a 2017 with a manual transmission and would love to see the gear indicator work correctly. Form what I've read there is a sensor on 2018+ mustangs that reads the current gear. Is it possible to add this sensor to a 2017? Anyone done it?
Sponsored

mikes2017gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Prem M/T 3.55
What gear indicator? I have a 17 GT/manual as well. My car has never had a gear indicator. Besides, your ears, hands and butt are what tells you what gear you're in. :D

racingandfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I have a 2017 with a manual transmission and would love to see the gear indicator work correctly. Form what I've read there is a sensor on 2018+ mustangs that reads the current gear. Is it possible to add this sensor to a 2017? Anyone done it?
Was added to the '18 MT-82 D4 as it is needed for rev match. Don't believe it is possible to add the sensor to the previous MT-82.

opengl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 400A 6MT
Was added to the '18 MT-82 D4 as it is needed for rev match. Don't believe it is possible to add the sensor to the previous MT-82.
19+. 2018 doesn't have gear display/rev match.

Nemes1s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Boss 302
Installed the digital cluster and sent back my old SCCM. My question is that if at some point I decide to re-install the original analog gauges, will I need to get a new SCCM?

Sponsored

p6cl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
If you keep the steering wheel switches same 18 up, you will be fine.

doubledeee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2017 F150 XLT, 2012 HD Road Glide
I completed the digital cluster installation on my 2015 GT PP Premium over the weekend, this past summer I upgraded from MFT to SYNC 3 ver 3.4 non nav. Its all working great but I haven't been able go get Google Maps/Waze via CarPlay to display on the IPC. They SYNC APIM was manufactured in January 2020 and is on build 19200. I have studied Forscan IPC and APIM until I was crosseyed, not sure what I am missing. I entered a destination but no joy. Is there another APIM build revision that I need to load to get it working?

Thanks in advance.

hamzah596

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hamza
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I completed the digital cluster installation on my 2015 GT PP Premium over the weekend, this past summer I upgraded from MFT to SYNC 3 ver 3.4 non nav. Its all working great but I haven't been able go get Google Maps/Waze via CarPlay to display on the IPC. They SYNC APIM was manufactured in January 2020 and is on build 19200. I have studied Forscan IPC and APIM until I was crosseyed, not sure what I am missing. I entered a destination but no joy. Is there another APIM build revision that I need to load to get it working?

Thanks in advance.
The feature only works with android auto right now.

rtrdude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
Just did the install on my
19 base. Got all features working awesome work on this write up and a huge thanks to p6cl for all the info you guys rock

codereddew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
I purchased from Hell Horse and paid extra for the pre-programmed file. Got the cluster installed and it’s working; however, the pony button doesn’t do anything when I press it. I also don’t have any gauges on the “main” screen.

Do I need to do something in Forscan to get this working? I have a base 2020 with 301a package.

image.jpg

Sponsored

rtrdude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
I purchased from Hell Horse and paid extra for the pre-programmed file. Got the cluster installed and it’s working; however, the pony button doesn’t do anything when I press it. I also don’t have any gauges on the “main” screen.

Do I need to do something in Forscan to get this working? I have a base 2020 with 301a package.

image.jpg
You need to program the sccm

image.jpg
you need to program the sccm using forscan so the pony button works

dperea

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Hello Everyone. I have a 2019 GT premium PP1 with 6 speed manual and I am looking to purchase the digital cluster. After searching for the cluster with the part number provided on the first post for MPH manual cluster. All web pages are showing Auto Trans. Can anyone confirm the correct part number for MPH manual cluster or what they purchased that works?

1607571955405.png

LoudGT_IN

Threads
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Out of curiosity, I searched into the 2019 Mustang Service Manual to see how the Neutral/Gear Position Sensor works in the new vehicles. I attached a full PDF as well.

It's built into the transmission itself:
1607846939522.png

It mentions needing programmed, but I have no idea how it gets programmed, there is no information on it.

In the Diagnosis portion, it mentions these values. Maybe the PCM just needs to be programmed to recognize these thresholds?
1607847702732.png

Theoretically, I don't see why you couldn't disassemble your transmission and add the sensor and magnet to an older MT-82. The other obstacle would be obtaining this sensor and magnet in the first place. I tried searching some Ford Parts websites, but they probably are built into the transmission from factory. No idea how you would get a new one if it broke.

It then uses this connector:
1607847076755.png

to send data back to the PCM.

Full wiring diagrams are in the PDF.

Attachments

LoudGT_IN

Threads
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Hello Everyone. I have a 2019 GT premium PP1 with 6 speed manual and I am looking to purchase the digital cluster. After searching for the cluster with the part number provided on the first post for MPH manual cluster. All web pages are showing Auto Trans. Can anyone confirm the correct part number for MPH manual cluster or what they purchased that works?

1607571955405.png
The one in my 2015 MT-82 is JR3T-10849-ALC