Sponsored

1st Blown Modified Engine?

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
I saw this a while ago and have been patiently waiting to hear about the failure points just in case

Has anyone heard anything? Its a Lund Tuned 1100hp car. Ive seen it competeing several times, so falling under the OEM defect category is highly unlikely given the mileage and usage.

A lot of people thought it was Stangmode's, but its clearly not. Would be nice to know if it was a hardware failure, or just tuning

Im looking for video of the car failing during the race, but I have not yet been able to find someone willing to share. Things liek that keep the community held back IMHO

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
And thats why I dont tune. You own it.

OP
OP
V00D00

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
I saw this one a while back. Brand new and has rod knock.
Yea, not the same issue. I addressed this already

Has anyone seen, or heard about tuned GT500’s smoking like a 2 stroke?
Most people think water vapor from E85 is smoke. I have not seen any of what you speak of to-date

Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Most people think water vapor from E85 is smoke. I have not seen any of what you speak of to-date
The one I have seen is not on e85. Got injectors and tune and is now smoking like a diesel upon startup

OP
OP
V00D00

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
The one I have seen is not on e85. Got injectors and tune and is now smoking like a diesel upon startup
definitly a fuel issue. some options are
1- stuck injectors, ID are the go-to for a reason, so check that/what brand
2-always buy new, or recently flow tested, or clean/flow test before installing
3- does tuner know larger injectors?
4- proper fuel for tune, is an e85 tune loaded but on pump gas and vice versa

PM or FB message me if you want, but thats not normal, but also an easy fix

OP
OP
V00D00

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
@V00D00
Lol, sorry about that my ADD just read blown motor.
all good man! Im hoping the user here that was present that day, and subsequently switched tuners will finally chime in, give us some details

OP
OP
V00D00

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
So i was able to track down some information. Definitly Lund Tuned, Evolution Performance Built, Kong ported car. There were no parts scattered on the track, appeared to be a lifted head.

Thats really kinda good news as that means it was just the tune, they were probably running way way wayyyy too much timing.

Im getting at least pics and possibly video today

Sponsored

Dalton@Evolution

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dalton
Vehicle(s)
First 2020 GT500 In Da 9z
So i was able to track down some information. Definitly Lund Tuned, Evolution Performance Built, Kong ported car. There were no parts scattered on the track, appeared to be a lifted head.

Thats really kinda good news as that means it was just the tune, they were probably running way way wayyyy too much timing.

Im getting at least pics and possibly video today
Steve, this car was not Evo Built. Yes we ported it at Kong, and yes it is tuned by Lund. is 22 degrees too much? we both know your car has more. Head didn’t lift either (;

OP
OP
V00D00

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Steve, this car was not Evo Built. Yes we ported it at Kong, and yes it is tuned by Lund. is 22 degrees too much? we both know your car has more. Head didn’t lift either (;
looks like lifted head

too much timing and not enough octane will do that

Whos the owner, lets get his input. should be back on the road by now if it was something simple as a "coolant line" popping off

or was it the "custom DCT" tuning that was available cause someone called tremec and they just sent the files over? or the vin # on the DCT heat shields.. or the dodson clutches that didnt work? very curious as to the pitfalls waiting ahead of me :cwl:

1605803922370.png

Dalton@Evolution

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dalton
Vehicle(s)
looks like lifted head

too much timing and not enough octane will do that

Whos the owner, lets get his input. should be back on the road by now if it was something simple as a "coolant line" popping off

or was it the "custom DCT" tuning that was available cause someone called tremec and they just sent the files over? or the vin # on the DCT heat shields.. or the dodson clutches that didnt work? very curious as to the pitfalls waiting ahead of me :cwl:
no steve, it has a stock trans, clutch, and tuning (same as the worlds fastest gt500) unlike you having a built trans, is there “kUsToM dct tunes” that we don’t know about? please enlighten me because i could use them to run an 8. and to clarify the Evo car has literally never had the trans pulled, the fact that you beat this dead horse is sad. being an internet troll doesn’t look good on you dawg.

OP
OP
V00D00

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
no steve, it has a stock trans, clutch, and tuning (same as the worlds fastest gt500) unlike you having a built trans, is there “kUsToM dct tunes” that we don’t know about? please enlighten me because i could use them to run an 8. and to clarify the Evo car has literally never had the trans pulled, the fact that you beat this dead horse is sad. being an internet troll doesn’t look good on you dawg.
In April a Lund customer said to me directly, that Lund told him directly, the day prior, that Lund had recieved the DCT files from tremec, simply by asking, and can now tune them. Im old enough to remember videos online stating the dct shields had vin #s on them.. after careful inspection of several others, that is NOT true, and any #s were added after sale byt the owner/shop lololol.
It was said by a certain new zealand DCT Clutch company, they tested a set of clutches in a car, and they didnt work.. guess who they said the car belonged to?

If you think anyone cares that a stripped, cut chopped and nonstreetlegal shop car is .1 seconds faster than 1320s fullweight bolt on car, i think your mistaken. and lifting heads in front of 1000 people doesnt bode well, probably why at least 1 (in addition to the other 5) former lund tuned gt500's went elsewhere for tuning.

so go runs 8s, you see no one cares what you all out, the rest of us are enjoying our cars :)

Ive said it before and ill say it again. ill line up with ANY GT500 owner

Lastly, lets keep to the topic of the thread, what failed on this car? All of it appears to be a lifted head

Dalton@Evolution

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dalton
Vehicle(s)
In April a Lund customer said to me directly, that Lund told him directly, the day prior, that Lund had recieved the DCT files from tremec, simply by asking, and can now tune them. Im old enough to remember videos online stating the dct shields had vin #s on them.. after careful inspection of several others, that is NOT true, and any #s were added after sale byt the owner/shop lololol.
It was said by a certain new zealand DCT Clutch company, they tested a set of clutches in a car, and they didnt work.. guess who they said the car belonged to?

If you think anyone cares that a stripped, cut chopped and nonstreetlegal shop car is .1 seconds faster than 1320s fullweight bolt on car, i think your mistaken. and lifting heads in front of 1000 people doesnt bode well, probably why at least 1 (in addition to the other 5) former lund tuned gt500's went elsewhere for tuning.

so go runs 8s, you see no one cares what you all out, the rest of us are enjoying our cars :)

Ive said it before and ill say it again. ill line up with ANY GT500 owner

Lastly, lets keep to the topic of the thread, what failed on this car? All of it appears to be a lifted head
you are really stretching the truth on a bunch of your topics there. “chop, cut, not street legal”? dude the passenger, rear seats are removed, and the brakes were swapped for wilwoods. and again the transmission has never been removed, i’m pretty sure we took a video showing the numbers lined up. i think he’s ran 9.40 while i’ve been 9.13. i still have the fastest run on 20s too, all done pretty much a year ago......
Sponsored