2nd Blown Modified GT500? This time it's Stangmode with Hulk!

What do you believe is the cause of Stangmodes’ blown motor?

• Total voters

Cobra99

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT500, 13 GT500, 91 Fox, 17 Fusion Sport, 08 F350, 10 Fusion Royale Coachworks stretch
What i find chuckleworthy, is here we have 25 pages of actual discussion, as to try and pinpoint a failure for warning and knowledge among us.. yet the 1st blown one.. was all attacking the messenger
It's because you come across as a arrogant condescending douche.
Advertisement

Twenty4/7

Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2020 pp1 10r RR mustang
Ethanol, octane boosters, lead they all contaminate the sensors.

Pressure in the exhaust system. Bosch is only rated to 2.5 bar( 22 PSI above atmosphere)

Then just exhaust heat just like a catalytic converter, can kill the senor. Bosch 4.9 sensors are only rated to 1030*c for short periods of time. Its a small 100* window between the sensor living and dying.
Other brands are probably similar.

https://www.bosch-motorsport.com/content/downloads/Raceparts/Resources/pdf/Data Sheet_69034379_Lambda_Sensor_LSU_4.9.pdf

It becomes a very common problem for people running higher boost FI setups. My initial thoughts were the inter cooler pump failed, I was hoping the shop pulling the engine would test more external items like that.

Time for lazer oxygen sensors with phenolic insulation instead of amperometric ones.
interesting stats on the 4.9 sensor. i run one to about 60 psi of exhaust pressure. but this is at 8xxC egt (shortly after the cylinder head so im sure much cooler at the o2 sensor).

have had really good luck with the 4.9's the last few years

one question. im not familiar with fords logic on these cars. what does it do if the o2 faults? if the o2 sensor faults most systems will just run straight off the tune and zero out the fuel trims. others will fault to 1.0 lambda and the ecu will dump as much fuel as allowed by the short trim. havent seen one lean out unless the ecu was needing to add a lot of fuel trim to hit target and then it was taken away because of o2 fault.

Epiphany

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Zero interest in the topic but I clicked on it to make it disappear from unread threads. Next one to post in here has tiny hands and feet...

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Zero interest in the topic but I clicked on it to make it disappear from unread threads. Next one to post in here has tiny hands and feet...
boooohoooooo, someone says true things in a way that doesnt take your sensitivities into account :(
We have a winner!

Dominant1

Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
382 posts and no one cares anymore.. lol .. how long will the saga last?

Cobra99

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT500, 13 GT500, 91 Fox, 17 Fusion Sport, 08 F350, 10 Fusion Royale Coachworks stretch

V00D00

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Nothing sensitive on my part. I call it as I see it. You asked and I answered. This started way back with the 'poors' comment.
This is a car forum, not sure why you keep wanting to bring up your feelings.
My last post on the subject is:
I argue, unfiltered, and have yet to be proven wrong.. this offends some people, especially those with bias and agenda's, so be it. enjoy your day Leaf

AirBusPilot

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I’d be sick out of my mind if I blew the numbers matching engine in a new GT500. He‘ll forever be upside down on it‘s value.

I‘ve watched his vids in the past, I don’t think he’s a douche. Just a guy who got caught up in the HP race and suffered the consequences (severe in this case). But now, he’s doubling down for even more power. What a waste.

Advertisement

5 - Hypermotive - 1
Advertisement