Vehicle Showcase
Only 178mph.
Sponsored

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
The guy was an idiot, but where I live, continuing a pursuit at 150mph IN TRAFFIC isn't considered appropriate behavior either. Really makes no sense for a speeding infraction. As someone mentioned - can't out run a radio.
In my opinion, the cop wasn't any smarter than the criminal in this case. Call ahead for support. Don't become a similar threat as the criminal.

Nickel

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 Handling Package TR3160 w/Recaros
How do you make your way to one of these cars in life and not realize that the key is to disappear, not to run?

Speaking 100% hypothetically of course...

Sponsored

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
In my opinion, the cop wasn't any smarter than the criminal in this case. Call ahead for support. Don't become a similar threat as the criminal.
Going to my mom's this past summer in my Mustang.
Met a local Deputy heading the other way, he waved as we passed.
About a 1/2 mile on towards mom's I met a guy on a sport bike leveled
out, looked like around 100 mph.
About a mile or so on, I met a SHP in hyper drive.
NO way would he catch the bike.
If he would radio for assistance, I'm sure the Deputy would have
pulled over and waited for the motorcycle.

That evening when I was going home, I turned down a road that I
figured the guy on the bike would have taken.
Sure enough, up a side road, under a small hill where a Red Light is
located, there in the grass was the unmistakable mark of a two
wheeled vehicle, pulled over to wait for the law to pass.
No other marks in the grass, so I hope the biker got away.

All the cop would have to done was radio for assistance, but I
guess he didn't need any help............:giggle:

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
You don't have to be a Monday morning quarterback to know better than to pursue at speeds up to 150 mph.
...and the same is true that one should know better than to take off at excessive speeds on the same highway risking other lives in the public ... for what??? An initial ticket that could probably have been knocked down to a minor infraction if going to court and talking to a Prosecutor?

Now look at that fool...and if he’s a member here, I do hope he’s reading. So instead of a simple speeding ticket and just pulling over - he’s now got a slew of charges, a wrecked S550, property damages that he will be now responsible for correcting... AND not to mention increased insurance premiums, probably being dropped from Ins., possible loss of license OR DMV surcharges.... and multiple costly fines + court costs.

I mean, quarterbacking or not - it was a dumbass move to take off - as equally as a poor decision to pursue at excessive speeds over a speeding ticket. The playing field here is equal and level in the sense that BOTH parties could have, no... let’s rephrase that - SHOULD HAVE handled the situation in a more adult manner.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
He’s got some great footage for Instagram though ... :cwl:

WD :like:

Sponsored

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
the state troopers here have recently, or are about to, have a nicer driving practice facility. so their skills should be beyond just the regular joe. i know some of them, and i can tell you firsthand they are going to give chase.

now the local cops tend to look the other way if you're on a bike, but these troopers mean business.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
The guy was an idiot, but where I live, continuing a pursuit at 150mph IN TRAFFIC isn't considered appropriate behavior either. Really makes no sense for a speeding infraction. As someone mentioned - can't out run a radio.
You can, but not often. Both my Brother and I both have many years ago. I did it in a 73 Cutlass, my brother did it in a 65 SDV back when the state trooper cars would only do 108.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I work for a county and our LEOs tell us that almost all people that run are felons and the car doesn't belong to them. They pursue when they have to, but prefer setting the tire strips out.
Sponsored