RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
Aside from being a felon, thief, murderer, multiple parolee or having any other major history to one's name - I don't have the slightest idea why anyone who DOESN'T thinks it would be best to flee from a traffic stop...

If the license tag is legit to the car, they're going to find you one way or another... even if you are able to beat the radio.

What's worse, paying a traffic fine - or now paying big $$$ and having a record if the fleeing/evading charges stick?

Or maybe it's just getting to be a "dumb celebrity" and You Tube likes ... 🤔
car thieves don't stop for traffic stops, tickets.
Sponsored

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
I get what you're saying, but it's not purely about total top speed. If both cars are just going down a perfectly straight road, then yes, the cop can keep you in sight. But if you watched this video, the Mustang was easily pulling away from the Charger. The Mustang can get to its top speed much more quickly than the Charger can, which gives you distance. Distance equates to time. On a curvy road like this, it could give you enough time to break sight lines and make a turn off. The reason this guy couldn't get away is because he kept slowing down for turns and was clearly unfamiliar with the area. The advantage in the straights was lost entirely because the cop knew how to drive and take the corners faster.

I agree that outrunning the cops in general is tough when you don't have a massive power advantage, but I'm just saying that it's possible if you know your car and where you're going. Taking risks also helps your chances. Cops have lights and sirens, yes, but they also are trained to slow down going through red lights and 4 way stops and such. They also struggle to take corners at any sort of fast pace. Not because they aren't trained in how to drive, but the cars just aren't really corner carvers loaded down with equipment and riding on skinny tires.
You can't out run the Motorola. No matter the top speed. Best this car thief could do is, get out of line of sight and turn off and ditch the car.
If it was you or me, once they have your plate on that dash cam, it is game over no matter if your car's top speed is 212 mph.

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
When the car thief arrives at a parking lot, to his girlfriend's house, or to his mom's, an iPhone at the destination will rat him out. It isn't just YOUR iPhone, it's ANY iPhone the airtag gets close to.

My coworker left his bag containing an airtag in passenger floorboard of my truck and I got an alert that his airtag was following me around, which is nice of Apple so I guess you can't stick one in somebody's car and track them without their knowledge.

When he called me looking for the bag, he knew exactly where it was, in my truck, and I couldn't even fake him out.

I have a couple stashed in my own car to help me find it when I lose it parking or in case it ever gets stolen. Surveillance is getting too easy.
You can tract them with any android phone, tablet also.
Yes apple has an app for that. "tracker detect"

BlkMach10510

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
And yet part of what you never get back on an insurance claim is all the time, effort, and hardship that the person responsible for the claim costs you. Never mind the fact that if they're not held responsible they'll go on to cause that same hardship or worse for others.
Yep, a scumbag is gonna scumbag.

Sponsored

ScottyRyan2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BMW M2, 2023 Mazda CX-30
I've seen enough video's on YT to know that ASP don't ever stop, they'll chase forever. At times to a fault.
I have to disagree with you. I have been watching pretty much every YT video of theirs over the past year + and I have seen the terminates chases. Usually when going through town. Not often, but it happens.

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
I have to disagree with you. I have been watching pretty much every YT video of theirs over the past year + and I have seen the terminates chases. Usually when going through town. Not often, but it happens.
depends on the state.... rules vary greatly.

ScottyRyan2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BMW M2, 2023 Mazda CX-30
depends on the state.... rules vary greatly.
I quoted his post which was specifically referring to the ASP and not any other state. Thus my comment was directed specifically towards the ASP and not any other state. I’m well aware that different states and jurisdictions within that state have different laws/ rules/policies.

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
Is it worth getting wrapped around the axles over little stuff?

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
All the cop has to do is to say he saw you behind the wheel and you are cooked. You can deny it all you want.
This may work a time or two, but what happens to that cop if and when there is time stamped video of the supposed driver at another place?

Opens a can of worms for him and the department.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
This may work a time or two, but what happens to that cop if and when there is time stamped video of the supposed driver at another place?

Opens a can of worms for him and the department.
Yes I was assuming the cop wouldn't lie.
Sponsored