Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Premium
Cool video.

Telematics, like the Ford Pass app w/ Sync 3 or 4, show where the car is located. Newer cars are harder to steal because they have built in GPS tied into apps. Even if you don't have that feature, an air tag hidden is just as good. Thieves will have a harder time stealing newer cars.
That’s why there is car insurance. So if your car gets stolen you’re made whole again.
Sponsored

Prodigal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
That’s why there is car insurance. So if your car gets stolen you’re made whole again.
Made whole by insurance is a joke. Not even close.

Reactions: nrc

AZlb5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Premium
Made whole by insurance is a joke. Not even close.
You’re talking to someone who doesn’t put too much worth on physical things. You’ll figure it out sooner or later everyone does.

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
You’re talking to someone who doesn’t put too much worth on physical things. You’ll figure it out sooner or later everyone does.
And yet part of what you never get back on an insurance claim is all the time, effort, and hardship that the person responsible for the claim costs you. Never mind the fact that if they're not held responsible they'll go on to cause that same hardship or worse for others.

AZlb5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Premium
And yet part of what you never get back on an insurance claim is all the time, effort, and hardship that the person responsible for the claim costs you. Never mind the fact that if they're not held responsible they'll go on to cause that same hardship or worse for others.
Again, you’ve failed to explained to me, in this paragraph, what’s more valuable. An unintended human life taken in a high speed chase or your property. When you can successfully do that I’ll be more attentive. If you think that your property is worth more then an innocent bystanders life say so and own it. Stop tiptoeing around it. It’s ok to be selfish. That’s between you and your maker. My initial comment talking about property/insurance was exactly that.

Sponsored

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
Again, you’ve failed to explained to me, in this paragraph, what’s more valuable. An unintended human life taken in a high speed chase or your property. When you can successfully do that I’ll be more attentive. If you think that your property is worth more then an innocent bystanders life say so and own it. Stop tiptoeing around it. It’s ok to be selfish. That’s between you and your maker. My initial comment talking about property/insurance was exactly that.
Your claim was that people who are the victims of crime are made whole by an insurance claim. That's untrue in multiple respects.

You pretend that your perspective is based on concern for human life but you're an admitted street racer and you're cheering on people who bait and then flee from police, creating the exact same deadly risks whether they're pursued or not. It's fine by you if that cool Charger driver blacks out, blows a light, and risks killing a family as long as he doesn't "take an 'L'."

Traffic fatalities and pedestrian deaths have spiked in recent years in no small part due to reduced enforcement as a result of police disengagement. The spike in street racing and reckless driving is a part of that. Those numbers far exceed innocent deaths from pursuits.

If some communities want to have strict pursuit policies, that's fine. If they don't supplement those policies with increased efforts to apprehend those suspects through other means then there will ultimately be an increase in lawlessness which will again lead to an increase in deaths.

Prodigal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Material things aside, ask anyone whose had to deal with a totaled or stolen vehicle if the insurance company compensated them for their time, diminished value, missed work, inconvenience, and all other sorts of bullshit they had to deal with related to the event. The insurance company strokes a check for what they feel like the vehicle was worth, thats it. If you’re lucky it’s close to what you need to replace it but everything else is on the policy holder.

Sponsored

AZlb5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Premium
Your claim was that people who are the victims of crime are made whole by an insurance claim. That's untrue in multiple respects.

You pretend that your perspective is based on concern for human life but you're an admitted street racer and you're cheering on people who bait and then flee from police, creating the exact same deadly risks whether they're pursued or not. It's fine by you if that cool Charger driver blacks out, blows a light, and risks killing a family as long as he doesn't "take an 'L'."

Traffic fatalities and pedestrian deaths have spiked in recent years in no small part due to reduced enforcement as a result of police disengagement. The spike in street racing and reckless driving is a part of that. Those numbers far exceed innocent deaths from pursuits.

If some communities want to have strict pursuit policies, that's fine. If they don't supplement those policies with increased efforts to apprehend those suspects through other means then there will ultimately be an increase in lawlessness which will again lead to an increase in deaths.
Look I don’t rely on police for anything. Other then giving me the ticket so often I deserve. I don’t live in a big city, I live in a small ranch in the middle of nowhere, and I am very well educated in the use of different weapon systems. (13 yrs in small teams) I won’t shoot someone over my car, but if said someone doesn’t leave my property when asked now they are trespassing and that’s a different story. Have plenty of cameras to make sure the cops have a record of what happened that they can take to the DA.
Now when it comes to stolen property there are different thing we can do to stop this from happening ourselves but that’s a big long list but an easy method I’ve used since my 2nd stolen car (grew up in Chicago) is an ignition kill switch. Whether under the hood or in your cabin. Most thieves won’t look for that because they are too dumb and in a hurry. People say “Well we shouldn’t have to do that.” Well we shouldn’t get cancer, but shit happens. Be proactive not reactive and you won’t have to worry about a stolen car.

When it comes to me talking about the cops getting an L that’s exactly what happened sorry I expressed it on a way that offended you apparently.

But getting to the crux of my argument. I personally don’t feel that in cities and Urban highways there needs to be crazy chases reaching 100+mph over a stolen vehicle. There isn’t an argument you can make to me that it makes sense. Families individuals who are out and about can get killed in a situation that could be avoided. You can have a stolen car task force in unmarked vehicles tail these cars and have a helicopter shadow this vehicle for miles and execute a well thought out plan that doesn’t see the need to have chases putting people’s lives at stake.

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
years ago New Jersey put out strict guidelines on pursuits by the AG s office that PD s need to follow.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

True

AZlb5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Premium
I agree it’s true, but let’s slow down, and see what ties the cities that these actions are prominent in. Or we can put our head in the sand and say it’s just because…which we know it isn’t “just because.”

smoke_wagon_6g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT
Only if the thief has a iPhone.
When the car thief arrives at a parking lot, to his girlfriend's house, or to his mom's, an iPhone at the destination will rat him out. It isn't just YOUR iPhone, it's ANY iPhone the airtag gets close to.

My coworker left his bag containing an airtag in passenger floorboard of my truck and I got an alert that his airtag was following me around, which is nice of Apple so I guess you can't stick one in somebody's car and track them without their knowledge.

When he called me looking for the bag, he knew exactly where it was, in my truck, and I couldn't even fake him out.

I have a couple stashed in my own car to help me find it when I lose it parking or in case it ever gets stolen. Surveillance is getting too easy.
Sponsored