Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Premium
not bad at all.
I was thinking an extra 0.
Oh it was headed that way if we had to go to court. The lawyer was cool though. When I told him how the events unfolded he wanted to get the cop on the stand. He knew it would get tossed once we asked for a jury trial. It was just a matter of time.
Sponsored

passwords

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350R & ‘19 ZL1 1LE

always keep your mouth shut and let them prove your guilt even if they have you dead to rights.
This is some of the best advice on this forum.

mustanghammer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Watched the video. The perp wasn't getting away. Did you see how many other cop cars were immediately on the scene when the video car pitted the mustang. Glad no innocent parties were impacted.

This stuff is all fun an games until the perp or the cops take out a mini van full of kids.

KeyLime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lenny
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT/CS Convertible
Great to see agencies that will chase. In CA you can have a dead body hanging out a window and they’ll call it and quit. Yes rural roads are long way from heavily trafficked freeways but people don’t run like that because they have an overdue library book in the car.

AZlb5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Premium
Great to see agencies that will chase. In CA you can have a dead body hanging out a window and they’ll call it and quit. Yes rural roads are long way from heavily trafficked freeways but people don’t run like that because they have an overdue library book in the car.
In rural areas a chase i can see it, but in the cities streets or urban highways, you run a greater chance of killing innocent people. I don’t think, that chasing a car down the highway/city streets, at 100+ mph because it’s stolen, justifies the thief or cops getting in an accident and killing innocent civilians.

There’s insurance for stolen cars.

Sponsored

Prodigal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
I’m not saying who I was rooting for

KeyLime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lenny
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT/CS Convertible
In rural areas a chase i can see it, but in the cities streets or urban highways, you run a greater chance of killing innocent people. I don’t think, that chasing a car down the highway/city streets, at 100+ mph because it’s stolen, justifies the thief or cops getting in an accident and killing innocent civilians.

There’s insurance for stolen cars.
Yes. It’s a fine line and hard to quantify the ROI. At this point lots of drivers run in CA. They know they won’t be pursued and won’t be caught. A tough decision there. Do you chase and discourage fleeing or back off and encourage the behavior?

I’ve watched cops light someone up and they flee. The cops shut it down and the wing nut will still run flat out for miles on city streets with no one in the chase. just running scared. No win there. And why? DUI? Fugitive? Dumb teen joy riding in a stolo? Who knows?

It’s a mess.

AZlb5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Premium
Yes. It’s a fine line and hard to quantify the ROI. At this point lots of drivers run in CA. They know they won’t be pursued and won’t be caught. A tough decision there. Do you chase and discourage fleeing or back off and encourage the behavior?

I’ve watched cops light someone up and they flee. The cops shut it down and the wing nut will still run flat out for miles on city streets with no one in the chase. just running scared. No win there. And why? DUI? Fugitive? Dumb teen joy riding in a stolo? Who knows?

It’s a mess.
You have to see also that this YouTube ticktock crap have changed the land scape. Why would a policing agency, like the Arkansa State Police, have a channel that is monetized posting these videos? They seem to be adding fuel to the fire. Like you said Its a mess.

Edit: and you have individual cops doing the same. It’s all about likes thumbs up and money it seems not so much about actually policing.

KeyLime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lenny
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT/CS Convertible
You have to see also that this YouTube ticktock crap have changed the land scape. Why would a policing agency, like the Arkansa State Police, have a channel that is monetized posting these videos? They seem to be adding fuel to the fire. Like you said Its a mess.

Edit: and you have individual cops doing the same. It’s all about likes thumbs up and money it seems not so much about actually policing.
It’s not money. It’s proactive policing. The police need probable cause to interact with the public. Traffic stops are one of the few instances where they can run an ID, question someone and try to figure out what they are up to.

I was on a sideshow detail a couple of weeks ago. The sideshow didn’t hit so we went into traffic enforcement mode. 114 traffic stops and +25 people went to jail. Six fugitives, 3 guns off the street, a couple of parole violations and the rest were DUI’s and stolos. A good few hours of work.
None of the guys I work with are getting YouTube $$. They’re trying to get turds off the street when they commit a traffic violation before they do something worse.

Policing is ugly, nobody is happy. The victim isn’t happy nor is the crook. Nor is the occasional Mustang owner getting yanked over for romping along well over the speed limit.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
No they need to put you behind the wheel and identify you, the owner, as the driver. If the cops come to your house with or without an arrest warrant you don’t say anything. You get a lawyer and let him do all the talking. The cops have to prove that you were behind the wheel and there’s nothing that compels you to testify against yourself or anyone.

I had an off duty cop race me in his Mustang when I had my corvette about 12 yrs ago. Needless to say he lost and got embarrassed to say the least. He got a buddy of his to come and arrest me. I got a lawyer. They gave me 5 tickets charged me with 2 felony. I wanted a jury trial to put the cop on the stand. They kept wanting me to plead out. I wouldn’t and they dropped all the charges at the end of the day and I never said anything. I saw him at the local street racers hang out a few months later and I looked at him and he looked at me. He was working. I walked up and I said “You look familiar.” He said that he had no idea who I was paid for his crap and walked off. 😂

Lesson here is always keep your mouth shut and let them prove your guilt even if they have you dead to rights.
All the cop has to do is to say he saw you behind the wheel and you are cooked. You can deny it all you want.

The cop in your story sounds like he is a problem and hopefully he will be found out and fired. That is terrible behavior, especially for a law enforcement officer.

I think it's really good to see scumbags get caught. And I hope it discourages them from doing it. Here in MN there are some police organizations that are very underfunded and don't have the resources. Criminals start feeling like they can get away with anything and people aren't safe.

Sponsored

AZlb5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Premium
All the cop has to do is to say he saw you behind the wheel and you are cooked. You can deny it all you want.
Again is not that easy. I don’t think you truly grasp how the law works unless you’re ok with corruption. I’m sure you’re not for that type of policing.

The cop in your story sounds like he is a problem and hopefully he will be found out and fired. That is terrible behavior, especially for a law enforcement officer.
He was a young officer still in his 20s and I think his ego got the best of him. Almost landed him in hot water and maybe could have been the end of his career but I wasn’t spiteful about it

I think it's really good to see scumbags get caught. And I hope it discourages them from doing it. Here in MN there are some police organizations that are very underfunded and don't have the resources. Criminals start feeling like they can get away with anything and people aren't safe.
Our jail systems rarely helps discourage people from reoffending. So scumbags who have been scumbags most of their lives won’t change. There are states and cities that have not just made it difficult for folks to safeguard themselves, but also have taken away the police ability to put away bad guys.

Last edited:
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dominic
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350
....At least he like to keep his windshield cleaned. After the car was on the side of the road, dust got kicked up, he turned on the windshield wiper right away.

Millarduck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT; 2016 Jeep GC Limited; 2014 Honda Accord Touring; former 1966 Mustang Coupe- Sprint Edition
Cool video.

Telematics, like the Ford Pass app w/ Sync 3 or 4, show where the car is located. Newer cars are harder to steal because they have built in GPS tied into apps. Even if you don't have that feature, an air tag hidden is just as good. Thieves will have a harder time stealing newer cars.

OP
OP
Zooks527

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma