Sponsored

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
I'm not defending the Mustang driver at all for running from the cops, but speeding alone in NO WAY should have warranted a high speed police chase like that. The officer should get close enough to get the license plate and back off. Chases should only be reserved for kidnappings or for reasonable suspicion that a serious felony has occurred. Sometimes I wonder if the officer's pride is at stake, in their minds "I can safely catch this guy". Much of the time police chases end in wrecks with innocents being hurt or worse.
Yea... I can understand a high speed pursuit if he's armed and dangerous or has a hostage, but not for going a little over the speed limit. It's a needless risk of collateral damage.
Sponsored

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I'm not defending the Mustang driver at all for running from the cops, but speeding alone in NO WAY should have warranted a high speed police chase like that. The officer should get close enough to get the license plate and back off. Chases should only be reserved for kidnappings or for reasonable suspicion that a serious felony has occurred. Sometimes I wonder if the officer's pride is at stake, in their minds "I can safely catch this guy". Much of the time police chases end in wrecks with innocents being hurt or worse.
Yea... I can understand a high speed pursuit if he's armed and dangerous or has a hostage, but not for going a little over the speed limit. It's a needless risk of collateral damage.
Fair enough. But now put yourselves in the cop's shoes. You see a guy speeding. You ask him to pull over, but instead of doing that he steps on the gas and tries to run away from you. That's extremely suspicious. No one in their right mind would take such a huge risk just for the sake of a lousy speed ticket. So you're now thinking that he must have something more serious to hide. You don't know that a serious felony hasn't occurred, you don't know that he isn't armed and dangerous, you don't know that he hasn't got a hostage. All you know is, he's behaving as if this were the case. He could be drunk. Or the car could be stolen.
So, what do you do? Give up and mail him a speeding ticket? I don't think so.

Last edited:

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I disagree I think he was in right. If they know you won’t pursue then no one would ever stop anymore. Have to do it when it’s reasonable. It was night few cars on road. And hivhway

have at it

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
see, this is why we need magnetic GPS trackers that you can shoot out of a 12 gauge. Or 'pop the trunk and launch' drones. Or better yet, high energy directed ray guns built into the front grill and fry his car's computer.

noac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Dispatch should have called off chase...cop should have requested air support

BrianH87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT ; 2021 Explorer ST
Didn't some state troopers used to have nitrous in their cars? Or was that an urban myth?

LxMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Gt.
Vehicle Showcase
Didn't some state troopers used to have nitrous in their cars? Or was that an urban myth?
A myth, along with there cars having a special computer chip for more power

FruityJudy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
see, this is why we need magnetic GPS trackers that you can shoot out of a 12 gauge. Or 'pop the trunk and launch' drones. Or better yet, high energy directed ray guns built into the front grill and fry his car's computer.
They have gps trackers that shoot and attach to the back vehicle. Seen it used several times on livePD. Pretty neat

Sponsored

FruityJudy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
It’s just not worth the “what if”. Chase crashes kill many innocent people every year. You get the plate number, Issue a bolo, and got to their house.

It’s unreal how many chases end in crashes. Adrenaline combined with alcohol and poor driving skills equals a bad outcome.

Just scroll through the news.
https://www.google.com/search?q=pol...hUPhuAKHaHqDZMQ_AUoAXoECBQQAQ&biw=768&bih=922
Then you have to prove the who was driving. If there is no direct evidence such as a photo of driver then this can be very hard

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium w/ Performance Pack

RedWhiteBlues

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350 Lightning Blue
The guy was an idiot, but where I live, continuing a pursuit at 150mph IN TRAFFIC isn't considered appropriate behavior either. Really makes no sense for a speeding infraction. As someone mentioned - can't out run a radio.
Sponsored