Sponsored

Best Long Block for FI?

EgoBoost

9/11 Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Black PP GT 6 SPEED
Wazslow, you're correct - OPG/CS were installed. Mechanic had a hard time finding a puller that would work I recall. Wondering if it was the first he did on an 18, but I know he triple checks everything and follows Ford Manuals for the procedure.

Wow, I just don't see this happening too often here, I'll do a search on it soon though.
Sorry to hear about your failure. Going forward, consider using a experienced coyote shop. I drove my stock GT from FL to NC to have my work done, and drove home problem free with 800rwhp.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Bullitt69

Bullitt69

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt TT
Yea, I'm thinking of doing just that, maybe get a quote from RareFab/PBD

EgoBoost

9/11 Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Black PP GT 6 SPEED
Yea, I'm thinking of doing just that, maybe get a quote from RareFab/PBD
Can’t go wrong there, but I would get with Signature Speed in NC as well. Anthony Ballard had the best pricing which is why I went with him.

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
Gen 3 Aluminator for SC looks appealing (9.5.1 compression)- kinda pricey though.

Can't find much info on the Predator, is it available yet?
I’ve had my eye on both. Looks like the aluminator SC is available in short block form for probably close to $6k. The predator is similar but an extra 8 cid if that’s worth anything to you.

The compression ratio at 9.5/1 is a little lower than I would go, given the option. I’d like to see around 10 or 10.5/1 since we have gdi. But with the only other option being 12/1, if on 93 I would go 9.5. The good news is at 9.5/1 with gdi you can run some real boost, especially since you are turbocharged.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bullitt69

Bullitt69

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt TT
Question: I was looking at the Aluminator SC, and although it's built for SC / FI applications, the warranty information doesn't say it covers it? Ugh, are there no engine companies that offer a warranty for FI? (I mean, I would have thought if it could be proven it was properly tuned maybe?)

See the 5th Bullet point down:

https://performanceparts.ford.com/download/PDFS/fpp-engine-warranty.pdf

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
It kinda bugs me that the Gen3 aluminator is basically a production 5.0 with upgraded rods and pistons.

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
That’s why the easiest route is to but a stock SB and drop some pistons in it. The stock rods are more than strong enough bellow 1k.
If mahle made a 10.5/1 piston I think that would be my lead option.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
For a 900whp build on a reasonable budget. I would take your block and have it sleeved Boostline rods. Mahle power pack pistons. Stock crank one set of king race bearings and one set of stock aluminum bearings. Head studs. Cometic gaskets. Stock heads with a valve job bronze guides.
If you are going E, 12:1 would be your best option. Hell the factory pistons will last on E as long as you don’t cook them. I think the factory pistons would work with 93 if the rings were regapped to allow the extra heat expansion. Most failures I have seen have been busted ring lands.
this is absolutely correct

Sponsored

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
If 900whp is your goal I would do A stock new short block $1800 put in some Mahle power pack drop in pistons with rings$850 valve job your heads $600 and your good

Vegas5OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 PP
im doing a predator block, Manley H Tuff rods and extreme duty pistons, stock crank.

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
If you are going E, 12:1 would be your best option. Hell the factory pistons will last on E as long as you don’t cook them. I think the factory pistons would work with 93 if the rings were regapped to allow the extra heat expansion. Most failures I have seen have been busted ring lands.
I’m not going E but maybe the OP is.

As for ring gap, I used to believe the same. I’ve built engines with ring gaps over .025”. But I’ve since compared ring gaps on all the ecoboost motors, predator, and cobra jet and found them all to be very tight and similar to the stock 5.0. Pistons break in the ring lands because that’s where detonation occurs first. The unburned mixture reaches its highest temperature and pressure in locations furthest from the plug because it’s the last bit that burns. Another interesting thought is that if you Supercharger an engine and double the air and fuel, then you double the heat released. But since you have twice the mass in the cylinder and the gas mass absorbs the heat, then the temperature of the working combusted gases is actually very close to the same. So it makes sense that the high Bmep engines like the ford GT don’t use a huge ring gap.

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
im doing a predator block, Manley H Tuff rods and extreme duty pistons, stock crank.
Same here . I am sure you also did upgraded OPG
like I did . Complete long block with new heads , head studs, and upgraded springs still thousands less than the Gen 3 alluminator.

The Alluminator has always been nothing more than a stock block with upgraded rods/pistons and later OPG .
Looks like they did go back to the Boss oil tensioners which I am hoping was in the Gen 3 VCT kit is used in the long block assembly (included the billet crank gear )
https://www.enginelabs.com/engine-tech/inside-ford-performances-gen-3-aluminator-5-0-liter-engine/

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Same here . I am sure you also did upgraded OPG
like I did . Complete long block with new heads , head studs, and upgraded springs still thousands less than the Gen 3 alluminator.

The Alluminator has always been nothing more than a stock block with upgraded rods/pistons and later OPG .
Looks like they did go back to the Boss oil tensioners which I am hoping was in the Gen 3 VCT kit is used in the long block assembly (included the billet crank gear )
https://www.enginelabs.com/engine-tech/inside-ford-performances-gen-3-aluminator-5-0-liter-engine/
shoot , looks like production tensioners.
https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-6004-A5018
Sponsored

Attachments