Sponsored

Best FI Kit for a '19 GT with MT82?

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
Just a Phase 2 Roush guy here.. Car kicks butt, everything under the car is Steeda.
Love my setup. My sig has all the details.
Sponsored

OP
OP
SLIC V6

SLIC V6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1 Act Ex. MT82 Stick
Just a Phase 2 Roush guy here.. Car kicks butt, everything under the car is Steeda.
Love my setup. My sig has all the details.
Gnatsum21,

Thanks so much for responding and sharing your experience !
- Jerry

Brevin@ESS

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang GT
So when we think about tuning, how hard is it for a given tuner to get “pretty close” from their first remote file? Let’s sat G3 kit and standard pulley. I like the cost / weight aspects of ESS as well as the FMIC appearance, but I’m also really drawn to a Canned tune kit that eliminates a lot of guesswork for now. Custom dyno tuning can always come later.

I keep waffling between this and Whipple
The big tuners have these kits dialed in really well. No guess work required. Let me know if you have any other questions!

jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP
So when we think about tuning, how hard is it for a given tuner to get “pretty close” from their first remote file? Let’s sat G3 kit and standard pulley. I like the cost / weight aspects of ESS as well as the FMIC appearance, but I’m also really drawn to a Canned tune kit that eliminates a lot of guesswork for now. Custom dyno tuning can always come later.

I keep waffling between this and Whipple
A customer of ours with his G3X only needed about 4 revisions from Lund at the beginning. Before taking to us to reinstall his kit he blew off the charge pipe a few times but it stopped after we showed him a few easy ways to prevent that. As for blowing pipes when at WOT, I’ve seen that on all centri blower cars, t-bolt clamps and some hairspray really do the trick of preventing that from happening though. I think we’ve done about 4-5 customers for remote sessions with ESS kits which has been with Lund, very easy.
Two of those ESS customers ended up going turbo.
Sponsored