SLIC V6

SLIC V6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1 Act Ex. MT82 Stick
As for other mods, I always recommend OPG/ CS as a good insurance policy.
JayMan33,

Please pardon my ignorance, but is the OPG and Crank Support something that can be installed at home with just hand tools? I would imagine they would be done in concert with any of these kit installs? (While you have most things apart?)

Thanks!
- Jerry
Sponsored

wazslow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
JayMan33,

Please pardon my ignorance, but is the OPG and Crank Support something that can be installed at home with just hand tools? I would imagine they would be done in concert with any of these kit installs? (While you have most things apart?)

Thanks!
- Jerry
Can they? Yes. But you do have to remove the timing chains and retime the engine and reinstall the chains. Some people are scarred of doing it. It's not really a big deal if you take your time.

OP
OP
SLIC V6

SLIC V6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
Wondering what you, and others, recommend for Jerry and his current configuration? I ask as I too have a 20 GT PP1 and it's a convertible, MT82 and 3.73's and am considering a supercharger. Outside of the charger itself, what else should we consider? Do you, and others, recommend changing the rear end gears and going with bigger wheels to gain needed traction? Any other additions to consider? I'm looking at the bigger picture and thinking Jerry may be as well in gathering his info.
John (CUL8R),

Thank you for this post, certainly good information that I too would appreciate!
I really want to keep my 3.73's, and that's part of why I was thinking that the Turbo's and PD Blowers might be a bit much for the manual and steep gears. I think that the 3.73's would actually help get the centrifugal blowers into their sweet spot quickly?

My car is my daily driver, but due to health issues, I really don't get out too often. (Certainly not daily!)

Thanks again!
- Jerry

OP
OP
SLIC V6

SLIC V6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
Can they? Yes. But you do have to remove the timing chains and retime the engine and reinstall the chains. Some people are scarred of doing it. It's not really a big deal if you take your time.
Interesting to know, Thank You Waslow!

- Jerry

OP
OP
SLIC V6

SLIC V6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
I feel like this is a bad point.....

This guy isn't looking to make over 1200 whp

It's a stick car he's going to want to win races from time to time and favorable power delivery
19BULLITTwhipple,

Thank you so much for helping get this on track, you have highlighted exactly what I'm looking for! This car will never see north of 1200RWHP!

- Jerry

Sponsored

jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP
Yessir they can be installed at home and it’s actually a very easy process. As long as you take your time, follow the directions and you’ll be set. 18+ mustangs you’ll need to drop the oil pan slightly. Loosen the back bolts but don’t loosen all the way, just ensure when putting the oil pan back in that you don’t fold the gasket. As far as timing, super easy.

PC_GUARD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP1
John (CUL8R),

Thank you for this post, certainly good information that I too would appreciate!
I really want to keep my 3.73's, and that's part of why I was thinking that the Turbo's and PD Blowers might be a bit much for the manual and steep gears. I think that the 3.73's would actually help get the centrifugal blowers into their sweet spot quickly?

My car is my daily driver, but due to health issues, I really don't get out too often. (Certainly not daily!)

Thanks again!
- Jerry
Don't worry about opg's, assuming you're not bouncing it off the rev limiter, using a 2 step etc.

Basic ess kit g2 125mm pulley w/g3 ic, idx 1050 injectors and bap, 650 whp + and if that doesn't suit you, add more boost and fuel.

Pd blowers are excellent and have a great torque curve (instant) I use my car daily and I'm more of a spirited corner carver, I don't want the extra weight or take my strut tower brace off. I also prefer (for street) the boost developing with engine rpm in a linear fashion. Ymmv

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
Roush would be my last choice out of any of the positive displacement superchargers. It’s installation is no more simple than any of the others, it makes the least amount of power in out of the box form as well as having the least overall potential if you ever decide you want more power (everyone always does) it’s the least efficient supercharger of the group, with the least efficient intercooler and also has the least efficient heat exchanger. you’d be better off with Whipple, Edelbrock, VMP Odin or any of the other positive displacement choices before Roush was ever a good choice.
I agree kinda/sorta. But I must add that the Roush blower is also significantly cheaper. At $10K with install and tuning that certainly is a price that no other setup can match. And that is for the stage 2 setup. Out the box it might be underpowered next to the other setups. But with the leftover money you could invest in a chiller or some other mods to negate those differences. And from the results I have seen it doesn't look like the other setups are significantly higher. I think the Roush is good as an entry level cost effective power adder for a good price that can be increased with additional add-ons in the future if one soo desires.

Personally for my commute and with me wanting just a little extra power without spending too much (as I might be ditching this car in a year or sooner) the Roush is perfect. It won't break the bank and I won't lose much if I go to sell or trade in. If a Whipple or one of the other setups is a few thousand more expensive then that is a deal breaker for me. But for someone with different needs and different plans then maybe the more expensive and better setups is the right choice. So really it comes down to individual wants and needs.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
these threads always end up spending because it’s the same as I post over and over and over again

The only thing you’re going to get is everybody recommending what’s on their car because they believe they would’ve only chosen the best and they simply couldn’t have not picked. What’s the best

There is no wrong choice. The choice is simple as this budget sound looks.

We do more power and there’s anybody in the coyote world

We are vortech and Paxton’s number one dealer we are whipple’s third largest dealer. We are top 10 Procharger and edelbrock dealer remaster Roush dealer

If one was simply best, that’s what everybody would buy

CUL8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT vert. PP1, 401A, AE, 6spd, ESS G2/G3
John (CUL8R),

Thanks again!
- Jerry
Hey Jerry,
I'd be interested in hearing opinions on your idea around centrifugal blowers and the 3.73's.

Sponsored
OP
OP
SLIC V6

SLIC V6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
these threads always end up spending because it’s the same as I post over and over and over again

The only thing you’re going to get is everybody recommending what’s on their car because they believe they would’ve only chosen the best and they simply couldn’t have not picked. What’s the best

There is no wrong choice. The choice is simple as this budget sound looks.

We do more power and there’s anybody in the coyote world

We are vortech and Paxton’s number one dealer we are whipple’s third largest dealer. We are top 10 Procharger and edelbrock dealer remaster Roush dealer

If one was simply best, that’s what everybody would buy
Thank you @beefcake!

I'm sorry if you have to go through this over and over again with new people. I did a search and really didn't find much of anything on the FI Kits and the manual transmission.

I completely understand everyone offering their solution as the one everyone else should take. That's how us humans seem to operate! LOL

At any rate, just like @CUL8R above, does the fact that I have 3.73's and I would love to keep them have any effect/input into which route would be best?

Thanks Again!
- Jerry

OP
OP
SLIC V6

SLIC V6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
Hey Jerry,
I'd be interested in hearing opinions on your idea around centrifugal blowers and the 3.73's.
CUL8R,

I'd love to hear from the Forced Induction experts on this question myself. It is just my opinion that the 3.73's would be better with the centrifugal's due to spinning them up faster. Some of these guys have FAR more experience in the kits and these cars than I do.

I know that in the Turbo Buick world the steeper gears have been tried and I have actually seen cars running SLOWER ET's with their new gears. Not from tire spin either, they can 60 foot a bit quicker but their 660 and 1/4 mile times are slower and their MPH down a bit with steeper gears. It seems to me that the Turbo's like to have more of a load on them?

I'm not sure if that knowledge transfers over directly to the S550's with the stock 5.0 and a forced induction kit with the manual trans.

Any input is greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks!
- Jerry

chefwally32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
walter
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp2
Vehicle Showcase
ChefWally32,

Thank you for your experience and sharing your knowledge.
Do you have the Crankshaft Support with your P1x?

Thanks again!
- Jerry
no I do not, Pro charger says 2019 gen 3 and newer coyotes do not require it, not my words, direct from Pro charger

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
centris like rpm, they tend to like the higher gears

Racinjason65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1M-82
I just paid $8500 for a Whipple kit for my GT350 a few months ago, and the shop I use charges 1,200 to install. The Roush doesn’t save any money, and it can only use the stock throttle body, so it’s power is limited, even for later upgrades, also check the price of an Interchiller ($1,500+) even if trying to keep costs down, the Roush doesn’t make sense to me. I’d go centrifugal before I’d go Roush.
Sponsored