2.8 KB vs Vortech V3

shitstang01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT 5.0
I know ones a centri and ones a twin screw but which one would you buy? TONS of info on Vortech not so much on Kenne-Bell for coyotes..anyone running a 2.8 ? Car is a 2013 GT would be my daily driver so looking for Street fun which I assume torque so I was leaning towards the KB but my tuner is pressing me to find a tvs instead..my other option the Vortech I don’t think I’d be fond of the linear power but if KB is to steer clear of I would wastegate it from the start and hope to be satisfied. Are the 2.8s that bad? Thanks
Sponsored

Sponsored

AZ_whippleS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang GT
I personally would go KB 2.8. it may not be the best blower but its more than enough blower to max out a gen 1 coyote.

OP
OP
shitstang01

shitstang01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT 5.0
I personally would go KB 2.8. it may not be the best blower but its more than enough blower to max out a gen 1 coyote.
Yea I don’t do much racing so I’m not the greatest worried about efficiency but it would come with a snow meth kit.

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
between the two i probably would go vortech. I chose the vmp odin for myself but idk as much about KB as i have vortech/paxton. The vortech is a tried and true blower.

OP
OP
shitstang01

shitstang01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT 5.0
between the two i probably would go vortech. I chose the vmp odin for myself but idk as much about KB as i have vortech/paxton. The vortech is a tried and true blower.
How do you like it ? I’m just concerned about the torque, don’t really want to have to ring my engine all the way up every time just to have to feel like I have a supercharged car.

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
How do you like it ? I’m just concerned about the torque, don’t really want to have to ring my engine all the way up every time just to have to feel like I have a supercharged car.
from what ive experienced, i love it. had a few hiccups here and there with faulty parts..and other stuff. But hopefully be back to running smoothly again soon. The instant torque is great, but the centrifugal will cut on at a low enough rpm that you should be fine. if you have people on this forum near you, im sure you can find someone with similar setups and ride with them to see what you think. that or watch a lot of videos to try to get a feel for it, lol.

centrifugal does sound amazing too.

Sponsored
OP
OP
shitstang01

shitstang01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT 5.0
from what ive experienced, i love it. had a few hiccups here and there with faulty parts..and other stuff. But hopefully be back to running smoothly again soon. The instant torque is great, but the centrifugal will cut on at a low enough rpm that you should be fine. if you have people on this forum near you, im sure you can find someone with similar setups and ride with them to see what you think. that or watch a lot of videos to try to get a feel for it, lol.

centrifugal does sound amazing too.
Is yours wastegated? That’s a good idea I’ll try that. & yes I think centri sounds the best as well

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
i have a PD blower similar to the KB, not centrifigual. but almost bought a procharger/vortech.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
If the car is manual and you don’t want to rev it to the moon all the time, I’d highly recommend the KB or any PD blower over a centri. Some won’t like that opinion, but based on what you’ve said already, the centri isn’t going to suit your driving style as well as a PD.
Sponsored